Who we are
We are a group of passionate people united with our mission to democratize finance. We work together with best-in-class partners to bring curated savings and investment products in Indonesia. Our products are affordable and widely accessible through our application.
We believe that everyone – across income and educational background – should have access to products that can help them save and invest towards a better future.
Founded in 2018, Pluang pioneered the concept of making saving and investing more inclusive – more affordable and accessible to more people through our micro investment products. Our mission today remains the same – we measure our success by the value we deliver to our customers, whether by structuring and/or providing access to more financial products through which our customers can get closer to their financial goals. Visit career section at our website for more details
At Pluang we are looking for smart engineers who are passionate about technology, love coding and designing systems.
What you will be doing
- Building and maintaining Java micro services.
- Develop new features and improve existing features of the application.
- Coding, Implementing, Unit Testing and Documenting Java based services.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Code reviews and ensuring adherence to software development standards.
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure.
- Participating in requirements gathering and functional specification activities.
- Resolving and helping to mitigate production issues.
What you need to be successful
- Has proven himself as a solid individual contributor and has some initial management ability
- Understands the culture and upholds it
- Well respected with the team
- Looking to grow more as a manager than as an engineer
- Split time b/w hands-on technical work and people management of a small team
- Be a role model for the people in your team
- Responsible for team mentorship, technical planning, resource allocation & project delivery
- Build solid working relationships with counterparts outside engineering
- If we shortlist you for a lead role, then you'll have to mentor SDE-1 towards their SDE-2 journey.
- Progress up to manager in 2-3 years
- Strong Data Structure and Algorithms
- Experience of building micro services architectures, developing RESTful services, continuous integration, unit and integration testing.
- Proficient with SpringBoot, Hibernate, JUnit and other Java frameworks apart from RDBMS and NoSQL databases - PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Gauge or other BDD frameworks and experience in Fintech would be preferred.
- Fintech experience - preferred
What we offer
A unique opportunity to be part of the growth of the Indonesian fintech market. The total asset under management has been growing at a 40% of CAGR, which is expected to increase further as not even 5% of the population has access to formal investment channels. This is a chance to fuel your career growth with a fast growing start-up, onboard with us to enjoy the ride.
An excellent opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, at Pluang we always look for ways to promote and inspire innovation.
Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of multi-national IT professionals.
Healthy work environment, friendly policies to support work-life balance, young and energetic team and celebrations.
Competitive compensation apart from other benefits like company-sponsored medical program, training & certifications, food, open communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Founded in 2018, Pluang pioneered the concept of making saving and investing more inclusive, affordable, and accessible to more people through our micro investment products.
We work together with best-in-class partners to bring curated savings and investment products just for you.
We are looking for a developer to help maintain the existing Java applications, and to guide development of the next generation tools. The right individual for this role must be capable of building applications in Java, using modern architectures. Should be hands on in Object Oriented Languages (Java, C# and Go), Cloud Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps and Serverless), Front End Frameworks (Angular, React JS, Spring Boot, Spring React, Node.js), Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark, Machine Learning) and Next Generation technologies (AI, Blockchain) etc. You should be comfortable with application coding based on design and specifications, and also be comfortable working with application protocols such as JSON RPC, SOAP, and REST. The candidate must be a top-notch Java developer committed to becoming an integral part of and fostering growth within our development team.
- Working with the architects and development lead, documents and develops best practices for development, and deployment of applications, and works with members to foster growth within the team.
- Develop user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Predicts application development requirements based on changes in underlying architecture
- Either individually or leading a team of resources, determines hardware/software systems requirements and leads systems hardware/software design. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, supports, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Partners with the IT Architect during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- 5+ years of Java development experience, ideally in a team lead role
- High level skills in Java, (preferably java 1.8 – knows to write lambda expression, understands functions etc), using the latest SDKs and tools and frameworks such as Spring boot, spring JDBC, Spring test, spring security, RxJava, etc of Java
- Experience interfacing with back-end applications using MQ, SOAP, RESTFUL services, and JSON. - Worked on at least one of JaxRs implementations.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Understands database concepts – proficient in writing relational database queries – Oracle
- Ability to develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application that meets the defined requirements (business, system performance and standards)
- Demonstrates deep expertise in specific coding concepts and/or languages, especially around modern application architectures.
- Experience with web applications that use responsive design to better support mobile browsers.
- Experience in highly-secured online environments that use n-tier designs and extensive fire walling to enhance security.
- Experience in multi data center physical implementation models for scalability and resilience.
- Experience partnering with others to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
3+ years of Experience in software Design and development and familiar with technologies - Java, Java-J2EE, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Ajax, REST API, Micro services etc.
Working knowledge of JVM internals
Working knowledge of any database (MySQL or HSQLDB)
Working knowledge of No-SQL database (Mongo or Dynamo DB)
Working experience with messaging (JMS/RabbitMQ)
R & D on new advanced cloud-based technologies in a test-driven agile development.
Knowledge in designing and architecting systems with high scalability and performance requirements.
Ability to understand infrastructure for performance evaluation and reporting of cloud-based services, namely AWS
knowledge of key AWS services like EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudWatch etc.
Certification on AWS Fundamendals
Excellent communication skills
ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
skilled in interfacing with internal and external technical resources
Good in debugging problems and mentoring teams on technical front
- Spring MVC for REST API’s(must)
- Hibernate or Spring Data
- Strong Core Java Concepts
- Understanding of Microservices architecture(Good to have)
- Hands-on experience with Mongo DB or MySQL.
- Implementation of Algorithms, Data Structures, Design Patterns.(Good Knowledge)
- Experience in IAAS providers like Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud will be a plus.(If candidate is 3+ then either one should be known)
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment Personal attributes
- Ability to work in an international multi-site environment in conjunction with remote teams.
- Must have JUnit/Test NG experience/Mocking services.(must have)
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- 2+ yrs of experience is a must
- Responsible for the design and implementation of features for new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Writing high quality robust code to meet the desired specification
- Work seamlessly with the local development and QA team and with other members of our global team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile environment delivering Cloud based and on-premise solutions.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Mathematics, Statistics or related technical field or equivalent practical experience. Relevant experience of at least 3 years in lieu of above if from a different stream of education.
Well-versed in and 5+ years of hands-on demonstrable experience with:
▪ Object Oriented Modeling, Design, & Programming
▪ Microservices Architecture, API Design, & Implementation
▪ Relational, Document, & Graph Data Modeling, Design, & Implementation
Well-versed in and hands-on demonstrable experience with:
▪ Stream & Batch Big Data Pipeline Processing
▪ Distributed Cloud Native Computing
▪ Serverless Computing & Cloud Functions
5+ years of hands-on development experience in Java programming.
3+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more libraries & frameworks such as Spring Boot, Apache Camel, Akka, etc.;
extra points if you can demonstrate your knowledge with working examples.
2+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more Relational and NoSQL datastores such as Amazon S3, Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon Elasticsearch Service, Amazon Aurora, AWS DynamoDB, Amazon Athena, etc.
2+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more technologies such as Amazon Simple Queue Service, Amazon Kinesis, Apache Kafka, AWS Lambda, AWS Batch, AWS Glue, AWS Step Functions, Amazon API Gateway, etc.
2+ years of hands-on development experience in one or more technologies such as AWS Developer Tools, AWS Management & Governance, AWS Networking and Content Delivery, AWS Security, Identity, and Compliance, etc.
Well-versed in Virtualization & Containerization; must demonstrate experience in technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, Docker, OpenShift, Anthos, Oracle VirtualBox, Vagrant, etc.
Well-versed with demonstrable working experience with API Management, API Gateway, Service Mesh, Identity & Access Management, Data Protection & Encryption.
Hands-on experience with demonstrable working experience with DevOps tools and platforms viz., Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Code Quality & Security Plugins, Maven, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Spinnaker, etc.
Well-versed with Storage, Networks and Storage Networking basics which will enable you to work in a Cloud environment.
Experience : 5+Years
Job Location : Remote/Pune
1. Be hands-on and ship good quality code Fast
2. Understand business and product requirements and brainstorm the technology solutions
3. Take responsibility for the individual modules development, maintenance, deployment
4. Understand existing code, maintain and improve it.
1. 1+ years of Hands on experience in Core Java,Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Play etc
2. Hands on experience in SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
3. Knowledge of software development models like RAD and Agile
4. Quick Learner
7 to 12 years of experience with majority as Java engineer
Strong hands on experience on building application using technologies Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven/Gradle.
Experience in building Micro Services using Spring Boot / Go.
Strong knowledge and experience with SQL queries and databases like Postgre SQL/Oracle.
Strong knowledge and experience on Platform components such as Docker, Kubernetes and Service Mesh (Istio).
Good knowledge of scripting languages (preferably Python and Bash)
Familiarity with CI/CD environment (Jenkins).
Experience on Observability stack such as ELK Stack, Prometheus & Grafana would be added advantage.
Should have experience on Active MQ based async queuing system design and deployment.
Strong experience of system design and implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
Familiarity with Hazelcast and Zk Solution would be a plus.
Strong skills to write technical design documentation.
Experience of leading a team as tech lead.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
Good communication skills with tech/non-tech people.
What You'll Do:
Assigned to software development projects and/or system enhancements as tech lead.
Be engaged in a whole process of development project (requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing/verification, deployment, operation/maintenance).
Work closely with project manager and other engineers. Some of them are in different locations such as Japan and Singapore.
Always improve the design quality, code quality, testing quality and system quality spontaneously. In addition, create such a culture in our team.
Understand business needs and user behavior and develop solutions to those needs.
Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our systems and propose system improvements.
Guide and support less-experienced members as mentor and role model to improve the team productivity and achieve team’s goals together.
Better to Have:
Familiarity with Telecom Service Provider’s Billing Ecosystem/BSS Systems.
Familiarity with and experience on Cloud Native Technologies.
Familiarity with Agile Software development process.
Familiarity with and experience on Linux/Unix environment
Work experience with a remote team
Familiarity with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, HipChat)
Familiarity with source control system (Gitlab, SVN, etc.)
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
You'll benefit from our network of global communities and collaborative culture that will help you build technical and functional skills and capabilities. And because we serve more than 28 countries industries globally, you'll have the opportunity to develop valuable industry-specific expertise.
The scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the unique way we innovate, operate and deliver value will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest technology trends. You'll have access to leading-edge technology.
Job Title: Java Team Lead
Experience: 4.5 to 8 years
Notice Period: Up to 30days (Negotiable)
Job Description :
- Experience in Java/J2EE technologies - design development of high-volume, high-performance, high-availability, service-oriented applications
- Design and govern the reusable accelerators, design patterns and reusable technical components (e.g. error handling, logging etc.)
- Strong knowledge in developing scalable web applications using Spring Boot with JDBC, JPA, Security, RESTful Web Services
- Experience in front end development using HTML5, JQuery, React JS or Angular
- Research and implement new tools, frameworks and patterns to build a hybrid cloud applications
- Strong knowledge in Database – MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of deploying applications in Ubuntu on Cloud Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes for automatic application deployment will be an added advantage
- Lead a team and provide technical knowledge to team members during development
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand the Requirement
- Convert them into Document
- Deliver the Work Product (software components / modules) with Quality
- High level design & Defining Architecture
- Following Coding best practices
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Java applications that are often high-volume and low-latency, required for mission-critical systems.
Who are we looking for?
A passionate developer
- Strong working knowledge of OOPS
- Functional programming principles
- Strong believer of Clean Code practices
- An advocate of TDD, BDD, SOLID, CI/CD, Lean development
You’ll easily settle in if:
You come from a strong Java/J2EE background with web application frameworks like Spring Boot or Drop wizard
You have ample work experience in Caching, Multi-Threading, Asynchronous APIs, Exception Management and use of collections, Mocking, Unit testing tools like Junit & TestNG"
You are fluent with version control tools like GIT and Bitbucket
Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Static Code Analysis, Jenkins and SonarQube
Willingness to take ownership of the technical solution and ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met.
Exposure to AWS/Azure cloud and containerization
Have a good Understanding of Distributed Application Architecture.
You ‘ll love:
Awesome opportunity to work with Micro Services architecture getting shipped on Cloud.
Experience in working with automated build deploy powered by Code Analysis, Automated Tests, Functional and Nonfunctional analysis, Blue Green deployment and much more
First-hand experience on broader enterprise application concerns like Message Bus, Queues, Caches, Concurrency and Parallelization
- 6 to 8 years of experience with the majority as Java engineer
- Strong hands-on experience on building the application using technologies Java, Spring/Springboot/Microservices
- Experience in building Micro Services using Spring Boot would be a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL queries and databases like Postgre SQL/Oracle.