Lead Software Engineer (Bangalore, Remote option available) 6+ years of experience
Why should you look at this role?
Salary 50-65 lakh per annum
- High growth startup in quick commerce space (10 min delivery)
- Given our very high hiring bar, we offer a very competitive salary and substantial equity to create everlasting wealth for our early believers as the company grows.
- Work on real world logistics problems & benefit from the rocket ship Zepto is!
Tech Team: 40-50 (200+ in few months)
About the Employer
Zepto is a fast-growing startup that delivers products in 10 minutes through an optimised network of dark stores that we're building across the country!
Just 6 months after launching, we've raised $160 million from marquee
investors in Silicon Valley and India. Our investors include Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, and many more! We’ve built out one of the best startup teams in India, with Senior Executives from Uber, Flipkart, Dream11, PhonePe, Goldman Sachs, Pepperfry, and institutions like Stanford, INSEAD, IITs, and IIMs.
The magic of Zepto is our ability to consistently deliver 2,500+ products in 10 minutes flat. It's the core of what we do, and the reason why we’ve been able to grow so fast with phenomenal customer love. Our mission is simple: to make 10-minute delivery the new normal.
Funding Zepto has raised a total of $160M in funding over 3 rounds.
Their latest funding was raised on Dec 20, 2021 from a Series C round.
“High Ownership, Lots of Learning, Broad Roles, Accessible Leaders”
"Alot of benefits like ZeptoJoy coupon, internet bill reimbursement and cab reimbursement is also taken care of. Overtime is paid."
Software Engineer -> Sr Software Engineer -> Lead -> EM -> AD / Director / VP -> Head of Engineering -> CTO
This role would be by and large an Individual Contributor role.
- Discussion on past experience and problem discussion based on projects done
- Low level design
- High level design
(One of the rounds will test scenario management via case study since it’s a managerial role)
What You will do Everyday?
- Work very closely with the Tech Leadership and lead end-to-end development.
- Write maintainable/scalable/efficient code.
- Design and architect technical solutions for the business problems of a very large e-commerce portal.
- Work in cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during entire SDLC.
- Follow coding standards, unit-testing, code reviews etc.
- Follow release cycles and commitment to deadlines.
- 6+ years of experience in building large scale applications or products.
- A “Bring It On” attitude; bias for action; self-driven, end-to-end ownership; entrepreneurial approach; focus on operational excellence; ability to work with ambiguity.
- Strong in problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- Very good understanding of one or more of RDBMS/NoSQL/Messaging/ Caching technologies.
- Excellent understanding of and coding skills in following technologies: Java
- B Tech/BE in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed institution.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://forms.gle/v8P54gfPvUZGeJ3u6
Technical Lead - Backend
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store.
About the role:
As a Technical Lead, you will be developing the detailed design structure, implementing the best practices and coding standards, leading a team of developers for successful delivery of the project. You will be working on design, architecture and hands-on coding.
- 5+ years years of server-side application development experience with Java, Spring boot, Microservices, AWS
- Demonstrated experience delivering highly scalable products
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery.
- An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills.
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex plans and designs.
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent design and architecture knowledge.
Preferred Qualification : Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
- Tech Stack: Lang: Java, DB: RDBMS, Messaging: Kafka/RabbitMQ, Caching: Redis/Aerospike, Micro services, AWS
- Strong experience in scaling, performance tuning & optimization at both API and storage layers
- Hands-on leader, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
Why join us:
- Because you get an opportunity to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
- You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve.
- You should work with us if you think seriously about what technology can do for people.
- We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be.
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you. With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
What you'll do:
· Assist in the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design that are scalable and extensible
· Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other engineers on different permutations to find the best solution possible
· Own the quality of code and do your own testing. Automate feature testing and contribute UI testing framework
· Become a subject matter expert for our mobile applications
· Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone’s socks off
· Mentor junior developers on the team
What we’re looking for:
· Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
· A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
· A love for working in ambiguity—and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don’t form an opinion and sell it as if it’s gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
· Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
· Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities, as necessary
· Minimum B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or related discipline from accredited college or University
· At least 2 years of experience building iOS-based applications utilizing hybrid technologies
· At least 2 years of experience with AWS and/or Openshift
· Experience integrating with native device API’s (iOS)
· Experience with front-end and/or mobile-specific testing frameworks
· Strong experience in object-oriented design and development
· Knowledge of building and consuming RESTful APIs
· Excellent sense of web design, passionate about creating and refining great mobile user experiences.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and consistently meet established timelines
· Strong collaboration skills
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Proficient with Apache Cordova framework
· Built or maintained custom Cordova plugin
Demonstrable knowledge of native coding background in iOS
· Understanding of Apple certificate and profile management
· Experience developing and deploying applications within Kubernetes based containers
· Experience in Agile and SCRUM development techniques
A Candidate is responsible for matching business needs with technology in the following manner:
- Coding and implementation using best practices to produce high performing/scalable/secured modules As
- Proactively analyse, design, simplify, code, debug, and unit test software, including features, defects, and refactoring
- Provide estimates, review existing delivery dates, and work requirements with current knowledge set, analyse possible
alternatives and communicate options and their affects, both technical and upon delivery date
- Participate in code reviews
- Generate technical documentation that meets organisational standards
- Experience in creating front and back-end applications
- Other activities deemed essential to the success of a project/customer delivery
Skills & Qualifications
- Understanding the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding of different design patterns used in web technologies
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in Java and associated technologies Core Java, JSP, Spring, Struts,RESTful Services,SOAP,Tomcat, Hibernate, Maven
- Strong understanding of OOPS concepts
- Proficient understanding of RDBMS Concepts
- Strong understanding of Databases Oracle / MSQL / MySQL etc and PL/SQL Programming
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain.
- Have a good understanding of design and user experience principles.
- Open-minded, flexible, and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team and learn from colleagues
- High adaptability in a dynamic start-up environment
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably, and securely. Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues.
- B. Tech/ B.E. /M. Tech/ BCA / MCA or a related technical discipline from reputed universities
Skills Required :
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in REST API development using python.
- Must have experience with anyone popular python frameworks like Django, Flask, and FastAPI Framework.
- Experience in designing and developing Restful Web services and Remote procedure calls.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Knowledge of load testing and optimizing code for performance, security, and scalability
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks in Python
- Knowledge of modern authorization & authentication mechanisms.
- Able to create database schemes that represent and support business processes
- Knowledge of Version Control System & basics of CI/CD
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Solid foundation in OOPS, Data structures, and Algorithms
- Knowledge of SDLC phases of project development.
- Experience in one or more No SQL Databases such as MongoDB, and Cassandra.
- Experience with event-based databases and programming
- Good experience in synchronous programming and thread-based programming.
- Experience with schedulers.
- Good to have knowledge of Linux shell commands.
- Good to have experience in Kubernetes & Docker
- Knowledge of any Cloud Service like GCP or AWS would be an added advantage
- Cares deeply about writing Quality, Testable & Modular code
- Good to have an understanding of NLP.
* Understanding of building architecture from product requirements.
* Experience of leading teams of developers to maximise performance.
* Knowledge of Multithreading, Thread Pooling, Background Jobs and Schedule Jobs with supporting tools and libraries.
* Working on Microservices based architecture using spring cloud, distributed application pattern and multiple data source management in the application.
* Working on Linux and Windows based OS and their command line tools.
* Working with unit testing frameworks.
* Object-Oriented development and Metaprogramming.
* Experience in working with the SQL Databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and No SQL. Databases (Cassandra or MongoDB).
* Knowledge of server configuration management and deployment techniques. Good to have experience in handling DevOps tools like Jenkins and containerization using Docker.
* Experience in working with different AWS cloud services.
About Zelthy :
Zelthy (https://www.zelthy.com/) is a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution that enables quick and secure deployment of healthcare applications.The platform is used by global pharmaceutical companies and health-tech companies such as Bristol-Meyer-Suibb, 1mg, Cipla, DKSH, Novo Nordisk, etc to manage more than 1 million patients in 12 countries.
We are looking for a Backend Developer who has 4-6 years of experience in designing, developing and implementing backend services using Python and Django.
Opportunity : Being a part of an early team that is building a global technology product that already has traction
Key Responsibilities : Contribute to the development of Zelthy Cloud Platform :
1. Should be able to design and implement sufficiently large and complex features and/or architectural improvements to the product.
2. Application implementation on the Zelthy Cloud including Configuration and Customization
3. Development of Restful APIs for Zelthy core as well as for implementing Applicationson the Zelthy Cloud platform
4. Perform Code and Application Lifecycle Maintenance
5. Work alongside the business team and solutioning team to design application architecture
6. Mentor Junior developers
Must Haves :
1. 3+ years of experience in designing, developing and implementing backend services using Python, Django, Django Rest Framework
2. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
3. Understanding of software design patterns
4. Experience with Celery
5. Experience with RDBMS. Experience with AWS, S3, EC2, RDS, Dynamo DB, Lambda, etc.
6. Proficiency in Git
8. Previous experience in SaaS/PaaS environment will be an advantage
Key applications powered by Zelthy :
1. India's largest oncology PAP currently managed by a Big Pharma (market cap more than 100Bn) end to end on Zelthy including patient onboarding to product tracking
2. All HIV positive patients in India monitored by the Government through a program implemented on Zelthy (more than 1 million patients)
3. South East Asia's leading healthcare company with presence in more than 12 countries has adopted Zelthy as their core technology backbone for running patient programs
4. India's largest ePharmacy has adopted Zelthy as the core technology powering their patient program CRMs
5. India's first controlled distribution network for a pharmaceutical product in India implemented launched by an Indian Big Pharma on Zelthy
As part of the engineering team, you would be expected to have
deep technology expertise with a passion for building highly scalable products.
This is a unique opportunity where you can impact the lives of people across 150+
● Own architecture, design, development, and implementation of different modules/features of the services
● Design, develop, deploy and support web applications.
● Discover opportunities for performance improvements
● Recommend ways to improve reliability, efficiency and code quality
● Focus on continuous delivery and reducing complexity
● Carry out code reviews and manage pull requests
● Build applications based on micro-services architecture
● Overall 1-3 years of experience in Backend development.
● B.E/B.Tech in CS or equivalent streams from institute of repute (IITs, NITs, BITs,
IIITs or equivalent)
● Strong object oriented design skills & knowledge of design patterns
● Experience designing & developing distributed systems involving multiple web services, databases (both SQL and NoSQL), caches, queues, etc. taking into consideration scalability, availability, fault tolerance, consistency, etc. of the overall system
● Well-aware of and enforces development best practices: Unit Tests, Code Reviews,
Integration Tests, CI/CD, Monitoring, Alerting, etc
Tatsam is a stealth mode, venture-backed mental healthcare company based in India. We're redesigning mental health and wellness experiences for the modern day working professional, have raised angel round from top-tier investors, and signed some of the largest Indian enterprises and startups for the upcoming private beta launch… and we’re just getting started.
The startup is led by a team of CXOs who are serial entrepreneurs (YC alumni, IIT alumni, CXO in large enterprises). They are supported by a team of behavioral design experts, clinicians and counsellors with vast experience, and technologists on a mission to improve mental health and wellbeing for the modern day working professional.
- Your primary responsibility as a senior backend engineer will be to architect and develop a scalable and robust micro-services backend with strong Java, Spring(Boot), MySQL, AWS/GCP.
- Experience being part of a software development team in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Be a key performer in a high-performance product engineering team
- 1 to 4 years of overall IT experience. Most of this experience in Java (Core Java, J2EE, Springboot, Java collections, Java Multithreading)
- Should have experience designing database schemas - SQL and NoSQL.
- Exposure to frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Play would be a plus
- Experience with microservices architecture would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of any public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Broad understanding and experience of real-time analytics, NoSQL data stores, data modeling and data management, analytical tools, languages, or libraries
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
You will enter a close group of exceptionally talented people who in the last 2-months have secured incredible investors, partners, clients and advocates. We will continue this momentum till our vision of being able to provide good mental health and wellbeing avenues for the modern day professionals is achieved. If we like each other and agree to partner in this journey, this has the potential of resulting in a compounded career and mental growth for you.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks like Laravel and working on other skills.
- Strong knowledge of MYSQL, RDBMS
- Familiar with Apache Configuration
- Experience in object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
The maximum notice period considers being 30 days.
Male candidates will be considered in the development profile.
The mode of Interview will be telephonic and the final round will be on Skype.