Job Description- Lead- Backend Engineer (Python)
Ventura Securities is establishing its fintech team - a remote-first, work from anywhere team with highly talented individuals who come from diverse backgrounds and looking to solve real client problems at scale. Ventura has been in the stockbroking business for 20+ years and it is a robust and profitable franchise with 1000+ employees currently. We are looking for passionate techies with skills primarily around AWS and Python who are aspiring for a fast-track career.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Build out of the Ventura cloud-based backend platform from scratch
- Ownership and monitoring of our D2C backend
- Robust documentation skills and desire to share information with others
- Desire and ability to prototype ideas quickly, and be willing to experiment and learn
- Clean coding skills around Python or Go and SQL
- Strong AWS skills, techies with certifications from AWS are particularly encouraged to apply - AWS API Gateway, Route53, Lambda, EC2, RDS, SQS, CloudWatch, Cognito, QuickSight
- Demonstratable experience around writing testable code, working with git, doing peer-level code review, daily standups, and generally championing software excellence
- 7+ years of experience
- Open to considering junior candidates with the same tech stack and a robust github/open-source presence
What you get:
- Chance to build out a next-gen fintech product from ground 0
- Opportunity to influence the design of the product
- Flexible and work anywhere environment running out of Slack
- Flat org structure
About ventura securities ltd
- Strong experience with Spring and Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security
- Experience building REST and SOAP web services using Java
- Experience with Web Services(JSON, REST, JAX-RS, Spring based REST services)
- Experience with Java and J2EE/Java EE (including servlets, JSP, JSF, JDBC)
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Experience with messaging products like RabbitMQ, Kafka or ActiveMQ
- Experience in AWS Lambda, Serverless, DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis
- Varied Understanding of NoSQL
- Experience with development tools like Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Sonar, Jenkins, Jira, Artifactory etc
- Experience with web application servers like Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss etc
- Experience with TDD, code testability standards, JUnit/Mockito
- Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, design patterns, industry best practices
- Experience with scripting and working in a Linux environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with DevOps practices and CICD model of development
- Work with stakeholders and fellow developers.
- Design and implement Python code using the Django framework.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks that may arise from inefficient code.
- Identify and fix software bugs.
- Create a wide variety of unit tests to verify the functionality of software.
- Manage the security of the platform.
- Write detailed documentation around the code.
- Knowledge of front end languages.
- Own and drive business features into tech requirements
- Design & develop large scale real time server side systems
- Quickly create quality prototypes
- Staying updated on emerging technologies
- Ensuring that all deliverables adhere to our world class standards
- Promote coding best practices
- Mentor and develop junior developers in the team
- 4+ years of relevant experience as described below
- Excellent grasp of Core Java, Multi Threading and OO design patterns
- Experience with Scala, functional, reactive programming and Akka/Play is a plus
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Solid grasp of large scale distributed real time systems
- Prior experience on building a scalable and resilient micro service
- Solid understanding of relational databases, NoSQL databases and Caching systems
- Good understanding of Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop is a plus
- Experience on one of AWS, Azure or GCP
Who you are :
- You have excellent and effective communication and collaborative skills
- You love problem solving
- You stay up to date with the latest technologies and then apply them in real life
- You love paying attention to detail
- You thrive in meeting tight deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience within the field
- Lead design, development, implementation and maintenance of applications & back-end services demonstrating service-oriented architecture.
- Design, build, test, and maintain scalable APIs, services, and systems within the platform.
- Choose the right Data Structures, tools, and tech stacks and do high-level design with guidance.
- Build, develop, mentor, review code and coach junior team members.
- Extensive knowledge of ElasticSearch, MongoDB or Cassandra, Redis, SQS and data streaming (Spark, Flink, Kafka streams, storm, etc.).
- Well versed in Kafka Understanding cloud native technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, capable to cover full development lifecycle including CI/CD
- Experience in use of source code management system like GIT, bitbucket and build tools like ant, maven, Gradle or make.
- Take great pride in Code quality and developer productivity.
- Put in Microservcies architecture in place that paves road for scalability, efficiency, observability, and availability.
- Build (and open source) data processing, storage and fetch systems at the petabyte scale with the lowest cost/GB while still responding in milliseconds at the 99th percentile.
- Write algorithms and services to influence personalisation and recommendation from a real-time recommendation engine for both home feed to surface most viral videos + video e-commerce
- Build machine learning pipelines using Kinesis,Spark/Flink/TensorFlow etc
- Agile methodologies, Sprint management, Roadmap, Mentoring, Documenting, Software architecture
- Proven experience in handling large infrastructure and distributed systems Liaison with Product Management, DevOps, QA, Client and other teams Your Experience Across The Years in the Roles You’ve Played
- Have total or more 7 - 9 years of experience with 2-3 years in a startup. Have B.Tech or M.Tech or equivalent academic qualification from premier institute. Experience in Product companies working on Internet-scale applications is preferred
- Thoroughly aware of cloud computing infrastructure on AWS leveraging cloud native service and infrastructure services to design solutions.
- Follow Cloud Native Computing Foundation leveraging mature open source projects including understanding of containerisation/Kubernetes.
We Value Engineers Who Are :
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the creator is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with Quality: Your Production code just works & scales linearly
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Pragmatic: We do things quickly to learn what our creators desire. You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability
The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
A fun-life balance
A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon. ��
This includes working on:
a) The main Django application, a large, modern, Django app built using Python 3.8 and the latest Python and Django libraries;
b) The API, built using Django Rest Framework (DRF) that is used both by our web-app and client libraries to build and run data analyses;
c) Backend code that integrates our web server with the rest of our cloud architecture, including our PaaS, data science code, general integrations such as payments, devops code, and more.
Ideally, you should have experience working on Django codebases which serve both server-side rendered pages and APIs via DRF. Frontend/full-stack knowledge is a an advantage but not essential. Familiarity with modern development practices, such as CI/CD, testing, DevOps, Docker, Linux and git would be a big plus. You must have very strong familiarity with Python development, and be excited to pick up the new technologies and skills - for instance we use Python type-hints across our codebase extensively.
You should like the idea of releasing to real customers regularly, and prioritise getting a great product into users’ hands for feedback and iteration. You will have extensive scope to build and architect the backend, and to help grow the team in the future.
POSITION - Tally Developer
QUALIFICATION - Graduate
WORK EXPERIENCE - 3 - 5+ years
LOCATION - Gurgaon
- Candidate with minimum 3 to 5 years of strong experience in Tally Customization Development
- ERP9 TDL program development & implementation
- ERP9 Technical support
- Manage Tally Customization & Tally Integration requirements
- Tally Definition Language, Excel, XML and Tally
- Tally Integration with other systems / database
- Good knowledge of Finance and accounting with commerce background.
- Good communication skills and customer handling experience
- Experience with other development languages (Asp.Net, MVC, HTML, SQL) is added advantage.