- Understand use cases and product requirements, can design, develop, review (code/design), unit test, module test, integration test, documentation for PDLC.
- Are an expert in maintaining, enhancing, bug fixing and following standard documentation process laid down for the project.
- Follow the defined PDLC process and participate in improving the process, work with cross functional team to achieve project delivery goal.
- Ensure all the work meets or exceeds predefined quality standards through exhaustive testing, peer reviews SQA process standards.
- Are able to build solution which is easily scalable, high speed/ real-time performance, configurable, deploy-able and secure in SaaS environment using any open source tech stack.
- Are able to identify, track and mitigate risks to the product
- Are responsible for planning product iterations and releasing iterations on schedule.
- Drive the technology and engineering best practices on different fronts like quality, performance, design, operations at the organizational level
- Responsible for design, architecture, and delivery of a feature or component/product with the highest quality with high-level directions from architects
- Estimates efforts, identify risks, devices and meets project schedules
- Collaborates effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver end-to-end products/platform features
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Runs review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues and RCAs on time
- Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise within team and cross-team.
- Mentors/coaches engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them.
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable & distributed system
Good to Have
- Open source contribution
- Worked at product companies
- Knowledge in Golang
- Working Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Have one or more side project up on Github
About Rara Delivery
Not just a delivery company…
RaRa Delivery is revolutionising instant delivery for e-commerce in Indonesia through data driven logistics.
RaRa Delivery is making instant and same-day deliveries scalable and cost-effective by leveraging a differentiated operating model and real-time optimisation technology. RaRa makes it possible for anyone, anywhere to get same day delivery in Indonesia. While others are focusing on ‘one-to-one’ deliveries, the company has developed proprietary, real-time batching tech to do ‘many-to-many’ deliveries within a few hours.. RaRa is already in partnership with some of the top eCommerce players in Indonesia like Blibli, Sayurbox, Kopi Kenangan and many more.
We are a distributed team with the company headquartered in Singapore 🇸🇬 , core operations in Indonesia 🇮🇩 and technology team based out of India 🇮🇳
Future of eCommerce Logistics.
- Data driven logistics company that is bringing in same day delivery revolution in Indonesia 🇮🇩
- Revolutionising delivery as an experience
- Empowering D2C Sellers with logistics as the core technology
About the Role
- 5 - 7 years Experience with the following technologies: Core Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Creating API, Hibernate, JDBC, SQL/PLSQL, messaging architecture, REST/Web services, Linux
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- 4+ years of Java, J2EE development experience
- Strong technical development experience in effectively writing code, performing code reviews, and implementing best practices on configuration management and code refactoring
- Experience in working with vendor applications
- Experience in making optimized queries to MySQL database
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- A delivery-focused approach to work and the ability to work without direction
- Experience in Agile development techniques, including Scrum
- Experience implementing and/or using Git
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
Software Engineer for Java
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Strong with Java programming and Java Servlets.
- Proficient in API design and development using RESTful services (JSON, XML etc)
- Source code management using GIT
- Knowledge in Mongo DB and SQL or any equivalent No-SQL and Relational databases.
- Experience in Node JS would be an added advantage.
- Min 5 years of hands-on experience in Java Spring-boot technologies
- Experience with monolithic applications
- Experience using Redis and RabbitMQ
- Experience with RDBMS such as SQLServer and My SQL
- Strong analytical, problem solving and data analysis
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are a must
- Micro service frameworks such as Java SpringBoot
- Design and implement automated unit and integration tests
Who we are
Lifesight powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies worldwide build better applications and customer experiences by our leading customer intelligence and data platforms that helps brands and enterprises leverage identity resolution and data enrichment to power their customer data strategies like never before. Our industry-leading solution enables the transformation of customer data into actionable insights that help drive business decisions, optimize marketing spend, and improve customer experiences.
About The Job
Lifesight is looking for a Staff Software Engineer - Backend for our Data Platform Team in Bangalore, India. You will be responsible for helping to build the backend of our data platform. You will play a key role in solving some of the key technical challenges and building some of the
core components from scratch. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, who drives excellence, is ready to jump into a variety of technologies and languages and is able to coordinate and collaborate with other engineers, as well as mentor other engineers in the team.
Why Join us
- Be part of building a Zero to One SaaS product
- Discover amazing career opportunities being initial core team member driving tech strategy of Lifesight.
- We have a growth plan for everyone
- Rise to rewarding challenges, enjoy attractive incentives, competitive compensation and more ...
- Develop your skills - you will enabled with [email protected] program to help you with limitless resources for your learning
As a Staff Engineer you will
- Own and operate, high-scale cloud based systems and services and provide technical leadership
- Take end-to-end ownership of the design and implementation of core product functionality and key technical initiatives.
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
- Be a great team player and help us maintain our positive culture and mentor Junior members of the team.
- Solve complex data platforms related technical challenges.
- You have 8+ years of experience (ideally) building resilient, high-throughput services and distributed systems using Java.
- Strong technical knowledge : Java, SOLID/BASE and other design & architecture pattern, system architecture and RESTful APIs and related frameworks (preferably Spring boot).
- Strong experience in architecting and building distributed systems for scalability, and availability
- Strong knowledge of designing and developing APIs for scale
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies like Google Cloud/AWS
- Strong knowledge on data stores, database design, data modelling and understanding of SQL constructs applied in ditributed database syetems
- Experience in Kafka/GCP PubSUb. Bigtable, Elasticsearch or similar distributed system platforms.
This role will be based in our Bengaluru, India office.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. What and how you can contribute is what’s important to us. Our consideration is not limited by the kind of education you have or the specific technologies you have experience with. Variety of technical challenges is one of the best things about working @Lifesight as an engineer, but we do not expect you to know every technology we use when you start. What we care about is that you can learn quickly, efficiently manage your goals, contribute to product
strategy, and help develop your team as they solve complex problems using the best tools for the job.
Our culture runs much deeper than just having fun together (though, we do that well too...) – the people we want on our team are trust-builders, generous givers, scrappy problem solvers, and gritty pursuers of excellence.
Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application and the chance to meet you.
Our founding team has built a couple of successful companies together and we had so much fun and we had such an impact on people's lives, we've decided to do it again. This is our best idea yet, and we see a long and prosperous path ahead.
If you are humble, compassionate, demonstrate integrity, operate in trust, and love building cool software, we would love to talk with you!
- You have demonstrable experience in designing and developing backend applications using Java, preferably using Spring Boot.
- You have expert knowledge of developing microservices-based systems, multi-threading, and REST-based API development.
- You have built systems on top of a public cloud (AWS, preferably) using various PaaS elements.
- You work with the product management team to understand the needs of the customer and maximize the impact you create.
- You build systems to handle large-scale operations that are performant, observable and are cost-efficient.
- You are interested in supporting the services you build in production.
- You are comfortable collaborating with a globally distributed team.
- You are interested in learning and growing and leading by example.
- Engineering graduate with a minimum of 1+ year's industry experience, building and delivering enterprise-class products
- Experience is cloud, SaaS development
- Startup experience is a big plus
- Technical depth is an essential requirement so as to command the respect of the engineering organization
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly evolving business demands. A hands-off / Not-my-job attitude is an absolute no-go
About What You'll Work On
- Be responsible for taking the feature from specification to deployment and running it in production, under the guidance of a technical lead.
- Review code, build automated tests, and share the responsibility of a service’s health/uptime with the team once it is deployed.
- The role will be expected to deliver on the product roadmap for the B2B Commerce product.
- The emphasis is on close collaboration with the team members in US and India in delivering the product roadmap.
- A strong orientation towards technical excellence will be essential.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture for a scalable and highly available set-up
- Experienced in Java/Golang and related Technologies like Spring/Hibernate
- Strong networking and Operating Systems fundamentals
- Experienced in Streaming technologies like Kafka
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experienced in developing the long-term tech strategy for analytics and translate that into an achievable roadmap
- Well versed in Core Java, OOPs concepts, collections, multi-threading, concurrency, lambdas, and streams.
- Hands-on knowledge of Spring Core, MVC, JPA, Security, transaction
- Working knowledge of REST API designing as well as development, using Spring.
- Exposure to Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift for the microservices environment.
- Savvy with SQL and database concepts.
- Ability to use frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, etc., for implementing unit testing.
- Sound understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/bit bucket with Maven.
- Should have worked in a CI/CD environment with TeamCity/Jenkins.