Job Description: Java Full Stack Developer
- Java, J2EE, Spring MVC
- Hibernate or other ORM
- Web technology and security, REST framework
- Any one UI technology and ready to learn a new one.
- Database knowledge (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres)
- Unit testing frameworks
- Version Control (Eg., Git)
Good To Have
- JQuery, XML, HTML5, AngularJS/Angular and other UI technology
- Shell Scripting
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- 2 to 5 years of work experience as a Java Developer or similar role
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
- Experience with test-driven development
Job Benefits and Compensation
- WebShar offers a very competitive salary depending on experience
- 24 days paid vacation each year (CL, PL, SL), earned at a rate of 2 days per month.
- MacBook Pro
- Flexible time / and availability to work from home from time to time
- Medical insurance
- Team outing and lunches,
- Reimbursement as per HR policies
○ Internet reimbursement upto 1500
○ Commutation reimbursement upto 6000
○ ISD reimbursement
About Webshar India Pvt Ltd
What kind of work will you get?
We are looking for a java developer.
Examples of technical tasks:
Working on our backend SDK to implement APIs that will be consumed by the frontend widgets
Designing APIs for different auth recipes
Architecting auth flows
You will also be given non technical tasks like product brain storming, competitor analysis and writing documentation.
Note: Compensation is as per the applicant's geography
Well versed in java with 2+ years of professional experience
Familiar with and comfortable working with Web frameworks like FastAPI, Django and Flask
Familiar with HTTP networking in java
Strong understanding of async and sync modes in java
Contributed to open source, or have your own open source repo with a community and many github stars
Built an in-house authentication or authorization solution or worked with solutions such as Keycloak, Auth0, Ory, Okta etc
If you like our project, please star us on Github
Note: Compensation is as per the applicant's geography
Technical Interview (1/2) - 1.5 hours
Discussion on your past work, this will involve sharing your work (code and output) via screen share
Architecture discussion and general programming related live code problems.
You will be allowed to use Google throughout the interview and you will be required to have screen share on.
This call will be with the CTO
Technical Interview (2/2) - 1.5 hour
This will involve a discussion to assess the breadth and depth of your technical knowledge and general questions on various technical topics.
You will not be asked to write any code
This call will be with the CTO
Chat with the Co-Founder - 1 hour
This call will involve a general discussion to assess culture fit
- Software Engineering
- Design and develop highly scalable, available, reliable, secure and fault tolerant systems with minimal guidance for a market leader in the logistics industry
- Partner with team members on functional and nonfunctional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals and improve the code quality across the team
- Research new technologies and tools that enable building the next generation of our services
- Provide technology leadership to the team and foster engineering excellence
- Product Delivery
- Partner with product managers to define and execute on the feature roadmap
- Translate business requirements into scalable and extensible design
- Coordinate with various cross functional teams on planning and execution
- Maintaining automated build / test / deployment environments
Below are a few of the technologies that we work on:
Web Application Framework
Ruby on Rails, Ktor, AWS Lambda
PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, Amazon Redshift, DynamoDb
HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
Amazon ECS, Docker
- You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
- Product sectors include:
- Growth: You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry best driver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead management models.
- Lifecycle Management: Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which includes rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools, partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
- Transaction Experience: You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system, pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
- Fulfilment: As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree of ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools including allocation methodologies and system, dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
- 4+ years Java developer.
- Very Strong Java Coding skills.
- API and Microservices experience
Required Experience: 3- 7 Years
Notice Period: Immediate to 15 Days
Skills: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Kafka, Flink, Microservices
Job Location: Bangalore
Roles & Responsibilities
Educational Requirement BE/BTech/ME/MTech/MSc. IT/MCA (Computer Sciences)
Years of Experience -3-7 years
Desired Skills: Core Java/J2EE, Data Structure/Algorithm, Design Pattern, Java Framework, Spring, Hibernate, Kafka.
Key Skills Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment And must be a self-starter who is excited about technology. May be required to do code reviews for the know domain.
Knowledge of Kafka, Flink, and couchbase good to have
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices. Understanding of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews.
Strong technical Design and Development skills
Ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment.
Agility to switch across multiple teams/ products/ applications and perform
Experience in translating requirements into technical design specifications and documentation, as well as executing development projects from conception to delivery
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role of software engineer here is, to develop the application software that is being used on compactors and to do thorough software testing methodically. Expertise is needed on both embedded & application development.
- Expertise on Object oriented programming.
- Proficient in windows frameworks like WPF, WCF, etc for developing desktop applications.
- Knowledge on Microsoft Azure / other cloud technologies.
- Good knowledge on C programming and some exposure to embedded software development.
- Good at unit testing and testing frameworks like gmock, gtest, etc.
- Good at developing solutions in efficient way. Good at solving problems, quick grasper & solid analysis skills.
- Automating manual activities, drive the test automation strategy by architecting new solutions.
- Analyse test results and debug test failures in fast & efficient manner.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills – written, verbal and presentation.
Work Location: Indira Nagar, Bangalore
Work Days: Sunday to Thursday OR Monday to Friday
Shift: Day Time
Week Off: Friday & Saturday OR Saturday & Sunday
Development of applications in Java including:
Building data processing platforms.
Developing micro service-oriented applications (Mandatory).
Interact with stakeholders of the applications being developed.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Must have experience in Java JEE, Spring Framework, Microservices (Mandator)
Experience in SQL and JDBC
Experience in build tools Maven, git
Experience in Cloud Platforms AWS, Azure is a plus.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture for a scalable and highly available set-up
- Experienced in Java/Golang and related Technologies like Spring/Hibernate
- Strong networking and Operating Systems fundamentals
- Experienced in Streaming technologies like Kafka
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experienced in developing the long-term tech strategy for analytics and translate that into an achievable roadmap
The Engineering Manager (EM)is responsible for a managing a team of full stack engineers that is building highly innovative and cutting edge solutions. This role is accountable for leading a team, developing code, deploying and managing in production. Most importantly, the EM, while working with the Product owners drives the product Net promoter score (NPS), user satisfaction, building the product roadmap and delivering highly functional, exceptionally innovative and intelligent software. You will be called upon to be the technical representative for your team during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning. Success in this role will require strong and innovative approaches to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, accountability and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
You are great at
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll take the lead as you - drive product development, operations and technical decision making. You’ll have a strong focus on team management and development, equal focus will be on writing production code and hands on active development of the capabilities and solutions. Assist in defining infrastructure need and use enterprise solution and drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment. Manage overall software development cycle by adhering to development and security standards. Establish good stakeholder communication and work closely with Product teams and influence set product roadmap and help drive requirements while being a strong advocate of extreme agile and DevOps practices across engineers. Build and manage a team of high performing full stack engineers and provide leadership, coaching, motivation and recommend staffing levels, operating procedures, tools and systems for the team. Provide career development and performance management to a team of engineers.
Required Candidate Profile
- 4 year degree in or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience
- 1-3 years of managing teams with a strong track record of delivery for cross-functional product experience with Cloud hosting and managing products
- Proficient in building high performing APIs and writing specs
- Expertise in programming languages. Hands on experience in Java, J2ee technologies is preferred.
- Experience in SAP Hybris Commerce would be a plus
- Experience with integration, data handling technologies and other open source frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Team-orientated, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Successful track record of working in large scale technology solutions
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quickly