Java Backend Engineer - Fintech Rocketship Pilot
Distributed systems, scalability, reliability, robustness, security, quality, building responsive real time systems - do these terms get your adrenaline high? Come be a part of a high growth, fast paced engineering team building for India’s new generation.
We have an open culture, you take responsibility and ownership of what you do. No bureaucracy. No bullsh*t.
If you are up for big engineering challenges, personal and professional growth, then let’s join forces!
You’ll fit right in if you have - 2-3 years of experience building, running and maintaining production services Strong with Java and JVM based services along with PostgreSQL Comfortable working with multiple cloud providers: mainly GCP and AWS Comfortable with CI and CD tools and best practices Done TDD and values TDD
Have written and maintained idiomatic code in Go or Rust Understand security aspects of building software and software systems
Good to have –
Engineering aptitude - Owns small features, starting from technical design through completion. Appreciates and participates in technical discussions, and values guidance and feedback. Does not need mentoring on a daily basis; makes steady progress by themselves, and knows when to ask for help to get unblocked. Comfortable with referencing technical specifications, API references, source code, and man pages to understand concepts or solve issues.
Design process - Understands the role and importance of design, can write good backend specifications Can communicate API specifications and design goals to the end consumers API
Code reviews - Understands the value of peer-reviewed code; learns how to be unbiased and provide effective feedback. Asks senior engineers for help when needed (e.g.: architecture decisions, refactoring)
Our new vision “Reimagining a better-shared world” and mission “Bringing human expertise to tech for delivering purposeful solutions that amplify value” is at the heart of our transformation approach, powered by cloud, platform mindset, and engagement. Our motto “Let’s make digital change happen” is our commitment to empower our clients to succeed in this digital world. While our values – integrity, teamwork, the pursuit of excellence, committed, customer-centric, and thought-leadership, defines our character and behavior.
This person MUST have:
Node JS, REST, Mongo DB
Min 3 year experience
Job Description :
A candidate who has a strong background in the design and implementation of scalable architecture and a good understanding of Algorithms, Data structures, and design patterns. Candidate must be ready to learn new tools, languages, and technologies
Microservices, MySQL/Postgres, Kafka/Message Queues, Elasticsearch, Data pipelines, AWS Cloud, Clickhouse/Redshift
What you need to succeed in this role
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Good understanding of various database types: RDBMS, NoSQL, GraphDB, etc
- Ability to build highly stable reliable APIs and backend services.
- Should be familiar with distributed, high availability database systems
- Experience with queuing systems like Kafka
- Hands-on in cloud infrastructure AWS/GCP/Azure
- Highly plus if know one or more of the following: Confluent ksql, Kafka connect, Kafka streams
- Hands-on experience with data warehouse/OLAP systems such as Redshift, click house and added plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Benefits of joining us
- Ability to join a small and growing team, and work with some of the coolest people you've ever met
- Opportunity to make an impact, and leave your mark on this organization.
- Competitive compensation, with the ability to shape your own career trajectory
- Go Extra Mile with Learning and Development
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment that will enable you to juggle between concepts, yet maintain the quality on content, interact and share your ideas and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits of being at Xoxoday.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls and Compass. Works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients in engaging and motivating their employees, sales teams, channel partners or consumers for better business results.
Responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer (Backend):
- You will be a guide in the entire application lifecycle including research, design, development, testing (dev owns quality), along with continuous deployment and delivery
- Lead design with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability and future expansion
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills to bring in continuous improvements and implement best practices.
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar, adopt best design practices to solve complex problems and ensure our product is the best in usability.
- You will work directly with the CEO and the cross functional product teams, align on the needs of the products and operations.
- You will analyze business, technology challenges and suggest solutions
- Build an “Awesome” team
This opportunity is for you if,
- You have 4-6 Years of work experience in building highly-interactive applications using Java, Spring MVC, Spring JMS, Spring JDBC, Spring IOC, Spring Boot, MySQL, MiBatis, ReactJS, Java Script, jQuery, AWS, JMS and have knowledge on wide range of web technologies, tools and Frameworks.
- You have experience in working with Restful webservices
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of design patterns and domain driven design
- You understand fundamental design principles behind building scalable, resilient, and maintainable applications
- You have functional knowledge of inclusive design: accessibility, and related tooling
- You have consumer web development experience for high-traffic, public facing web applications
- You have knack for writing clean, readable, re-usable code
- You have good knowledge on TDD and CI/CD practices.
- You have experience in managing and publishing releases using Git branching and tools like NPM and YARN.
- You have penchant for learning
- You are a great analytical & logical thinker and someone who loves solving problems
- You are passionate, energetic, enthusiastic and a go-getter
- You are “ FUN @ Work “
- Augmenting, improving, redesigning, and/or re-implementing Dolat's low-latency/high-throughput production trading environment, which collects data from and disseminates orders to exchanges around the world
- Optimizing this platform by using network and systems programming, as well as other advanced techniques
- Developing systems that provide easy access to historical market data and trading simulations
- Building risk-management and performance-tracking tools
- Shaping the future of Dolat through regular interviewing and infrequent campus recruiting trips
- Implementing domain-optimized data structures
- Learn and internalize the theories behind current trading system
- Participate in the design, architecture and implementation of automated trading systems
- Take ownership of system from design through implementation
- Developing, managing, and enhancing e-commerce websites.
- Optimizing websites to ensure they render consistently in cross-browser environments, with the best SEO principles, caching mechanics, etc.
- Handling queries related to MySQL and Database.
- Participating in project & deployment planning.
- Building high-availability integrations layers with JSON, REST & SOAP, WebAPI
What you need to have:
- Solid Experience in Magento2 and Magento extensions.
- Exposure to a minimum of 3 e-commerce projects (starting with requirement gathering).
- Understanding of modern UI/UX trends.
- Demonstrable knowledge of XML, XHTML, Modules i.e. API integration.
- Strong OOPS and RDBMS concept & understanding of Performance Tuning, Browser Compatibility, SEO Practices, and Version Control.
- High-quality programming solutions using Code Sniffer, PSR Standards, writing UNIT tests.
- Proficient in GIT, Branching Strategies, and bitbucket.
- Module Development Experience with Magento 2
- Extensive experience in PHP and AGILE Methodology.
- Experience working on large projects involving 10,000+ products.
- Experience on the multi-vendor website is a plus for this profile.
- Magento2 developer should lead the team and handle pressure and demands.
- Sound knowledge of IT concepts and the latest trends.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms.
- Strong fundamentals in Core Java/J2EE.
- Familiarity with any one of Spring, Struts, Hibernate frameworks.
- Familiarity with code design principles, patterns, and best practices in java.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- IDE/Tools - Eclipse, NetBeans, Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Configuration Management - GIT, Subversion SVN
- Active participation in one or more open-source projects is a strong plus
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud ecosystem is a strong plus.
- OCJP certified will be an added advantage.
- Hands-on with *Unix/Windows based systems.
At Primathon, we strive to deliver world-class software for our clients and empower our engineers to become full-stack in technology and provide them 360° experience. We are looking for champions in backend development with experience in NodeJs/Python. You would be working on NodeJs, Python, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis Elastic search, RabbitMq, SQS, Docker, AWS.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Participate in agile software development, prototyping and code reviews
● As a backend engineer, you will work on backend services in Node JS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis.
● Design, implement and/or use RESTful web services
● Designing database schema
● Writing automation test cases
● Write testable, well-thought-out code within the ecosystem, embracing additional languages and frameworks when appropriate
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
● 1+ years of experience as a Backend developer.
● Experience designing, implementing and using RESTful Web Services with Service-Oriented Architecture.
● Solid understanding of version control principles, preferably using Git
● Experience using mocking frameworks, testing frameworks, dependency injection, NoSQL and/or relational databases
● Strong knowledge on how to navigate the vast and quickly evolving collection of open source projects and select the right tool for the job
● Attention to detail and the ability to build reliable, scalable, and flexible software.
Work Experience ** Minimum 2+Years
We at Wow Labz are always striving to look for exciting problems to solve. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small startup extend its reach, we build from our heart. We’re entrepreneurial and we love new ideas. Fun culture with a team that cares about your development and growth.
What are we looking for?
You will be a part of Wow Labz’s core development team, building new software and defining standards for our very own blockchain product. You will be involved in defining technical specifications, implementing design patterns and hands-on development. You will be writing modules that all the other developers would use, including libraries, APIs, database/ storage connections and third party integrations. Your diligence and patience to build highly-secured, scalable and high-performance solutions will be most valued.
- Understanding Rust design patterns and writing performant and maintainable code in the language
- Solving development challenges and making architectural decisions by understanding the larger picture of the project’s goals.
- Expanding your existing skill-set, and picking up on various rust dependent frameworks.
- Writing code that other developers use, including libraries, APIs and configurations.
- Building secure and high-performance networked applications.
- Paying close attention to unit-testing and security.
- Confidently communicating and collaborating with your fellow developers in a remote team environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 year of core Rust development experience
- 2 or more years of software development experience
- Strong understanding of macros, traits, generics and lifetimes
- Experience with Cargo, including dependency management
- Experience with frameworks like HyperWeb, Mio, Tokio, Rocket and Actix (at least two)
- Experience using the Git Version Control System (VCS)
- Experience with CI tools like Rustfmt, Clippy or Rustfix
- Experience writing Unit Tests using Rustfmt or similar
- Exposure to performance benchmarking
- Exposure to serverless products like AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, Cloudflare Workers
- Motivated by challenging projects, and you absolutely love developing with Rust.
- Developed multi-threaded software and understand the asynchronous functionalities.
If you have:
- Experience with blockchain and/or Substrate is a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS/ Azure/GCP is a plus
- Software architecture and API design knowledge is a plus
Persona of the kind of people who would be a culture fit:
- Curious and aware of the latest digital and social media trends
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative environment
- You can work cross-functionally and collaborative on common goals
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork
• Build out our web architecture allowing new feature modules to be sent to production, while having
strategic foresight on long term product vision.
• Software development project management from transforming requirements into technical specifications,
design, code, and tested systems.
• Closely involved in development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post- launch support.
• Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development and explore new technologies.
• Document the development process, architecture, and standard components.
• Coordinate with co-developers and actively participate in code reviews , bug fixing code /architecture.
• Brainstorm and solve problems and put effort in constant improvement in technical front .
• Perform frequent peer reviews.
• Participate actively in demos / S&T.
• Share knowledge through collaboration, training, peer review, presentations, and articles.
• Track record of delivering in Scrum, Agile and other methodologies.
• Proficiency in establishing processes and tools to enable team productivity when developing websites
(version control, automatic build, code review).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and cognitive ability.
• Contribute towards a positive healthy fun and creativity driven culture.
• Strong aptitude towards problem solving with a hacker mindset.
• Should have infinite love towards Linux and respect open-source development.
• Should have sound knowledge of core PHP, MVC Frameworks Laravel preferred.
• Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
• Should be excellent in SQL/NoSql database (Surprise us we are constantly pushing out DB architecture).
• Basic Knowledge of Frontend Technologies to easily communicate in terms of Front end Lingos.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience in building high secure components, encryption techniques.
• Experience in building event based and queue based Infrastructure.
• Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large scale systems.
• Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining
solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies.
• Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold kickass ideas.
• Experience with caching and scaling techniques.
• Experience with cloud infrastructure is must AWS/GCP/DO.
• Good to have experience with any tool such as Jenkins, Gitlab Devops building pipelines, CI/CD automation.
• Eager to learn new languages and experiment / explore new technologies.
- Understands detailed requirements and demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices, Design Patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms
- Excellent programming skills in ROR, Golang, NodeJS, Python or Java
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and ability to deliver results
- 2+ years of experience in product driven organization