CK-12 Foundation (www.ck12.org) is looking for an art illustrator and animator who is passionate about creating high fidelity artwork and animation for educational software products for students and teachers around the world.
As an illustrator & animator, you will create accurate illustrations, sketches, artwork (human anatomy, architecture, landscape, still life, etc.) and animated content/videos working with a UX and art team based in Bangalore & Palo Alto. You will drive the CK-12 organization towards continued design excellence with a focus on creating captivating visuals and compelling art that resonate to our customers.
Our designers and illustrators are hands-on producers of their own work in a fast-paced, Agile working environment. Be able to handle the complex structure and composition of art illustrations and animation process with confidence.
In addition to your resume, please do provide us with a link to your online portfolio (containing both illustrations/artwork and animations). Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Required Primary Skills and Experience:
- Conceptualize artwork, scene, composition based on a solid understanding of content and project needs (mostly for Science - Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Math content).
- Strong fine art and visual design skills.
- Perfect understanding of various dimensions, human anatomy, still life, landscape.
- Sketch and produce artwork for various resolutions with high fidelity in both vector and raster output.
- Translate conceptual sketches into delightful and accurate art illustrations.
- Create deliverables such as high-fidelity Photoshop mock-ups, illustrator output (e.g. people, objects, scenes, icons), using our style guide, creating supporting design assets.
- Knowledge of latest industry trends in technology and design.
- Iterate sketches and art mockups quickly on ideas that are still in the process of being defined.
- Collaborate closely with developers to construct the best artwork with an understanding of any technical constraints.
- Present your work to stakeholders, product owners, and developers, and manage and extract constructive feedback.
- Translate static hand-sketches into high fidelity artwork and eventually animated videos that are in sync with voice-over/music following strict subject matter storyboards/descriptions.
- Derive presets/templates for animation based on redundant pieces of work to simplify the process is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in art illustration, fine-art or sketching.
- Minimum 1 years of professional experience in creating animation/video using Adobe AfterEffects.
- Minimum bachelor's degree from a reputed fine-art / design / animation institute.
About CK-12 Foundation
Passionate about education?
CK-12 is on the lookout for talented, creative, and dedicated people to join our mission to provide great education to students around the world. We are looking for candidates to join our office at Bangalore.
We have a strong education platform that has served over 200 Million users, have got over 1.45 Billion questions answered and have got more than 285 thousand customised Flexbooks. We have embarked on exciting journey to build AI-powered student tutor and Teacher Assistant to build next generation of learning platform.
About CK-12 Foundation
CK-12’s mission is to provide free access to open-source content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to enhance and experiment with different learning styles, resources, levels of competence, and circumstances.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers and parents.
We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and so that we can do the right thing! It also provides us the ability to experiment big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
At CK-12, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative and non bureaucratic environment where you will get a lot of cool things done than you ever imagined! We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. We came together from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and startups.
Technology is key to scale education and we deeply believe in it. Come develop great solutions on our cloud based (AWS) and AI-first platform delivering rich and interactive content.
Does our mission, people and technologies excite you? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning - https://www.ck12info.org/about/testimonials/
Flexi, our AI-powered Student Tutor - https://www.ck12.org/pages/student-tutor/
AI-powered Teacher Assistant - https://www.ck12.org/pages/teacher-assistant/
Benefits: Medical and Accident Insurance, Free food orders for lunch.
*You will be primarily working with the growth and product teams. Specifically, you will:
Work with the growth team to design multi-channel promotional materials for brands on Fynd
Work closely with the product team on design artifacts (illustrations, animations, icons, logos, etc) for various products
Design merchandise and promotional collateral for Fynd
Provide design support for various internal products.
2+ years of experience in Graphic Design.
Strong design software skills and a thorough understanding of Adobe creative suite especially Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
Professional attitude and punctuality in meeting strict deadlines
Impeccable attention to detail
Curiosity to learn & explore things outside your domain of expertise
A true team player
Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators, and go-getters shaping the way millions of people shop in India. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work.
Note: An online portfolio showcasing your latest high-quality Graphic Design work, is a must to apply to this position.
plan and implement new designs
Optimize existing user interface designs
Test for intuitivity and experience
Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
Create prototypes for new product ideas
Test new ideas before implementing
Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Coraldraw
A creative designer - mid-leval user-experience (UX) designer able to measure, optimise and understand our business requirements and any technical limitations to improve ease of use (usability), as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, surveys, and translating them into user flows, A creative designer should create the best user experience by exploring different approaches to provide great customer experience, customer journey mapping and mockups. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, UX Designer must have a clear understanding of business goals and user behavior, and be proficient in a wide variety of skills, ranging from psychology to design and technology. Also Iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. They then refine and tweak Web, App and PWA to create products that users likes and found easy to use.
● Design and create graphics of highly robust and scalable applications in a large-scale distributed systems environment
● Translating business requirements into creative design and apply deep understanding of principles of design, Invariance , & reification for web applications. Offering creative alternatives to business design wherever appropriate
● Ownership of complete user experience, which would involve product enhancements and continuous evolution of existing UI.
● Having expertise in using Color Theory, Typography & Composition in all the web UI including Desktop, PWA and App.
● Set creative/web design standards and act as a mentor for younger designers in the organization
Please note: Following traits/skills are required for performing this role. We are looking for the best combination of skills and experience in an individual. Therefore, not all skills are expected from a single individual. You can apply if you have similar skills even if not exactly the same.
● Rapid prototyping/
● User research/
● User acceptance testing/
● A/B testing/
● InVision Studio/
● Visual design/
● Adobe Dreamweaver/
● Google Web Designer
● Material UI/
● Strong creative ability/
● Attention to detail/
● Strong communication/
● Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet product needs and vision
● Visual design
Other Essential Skills
● Able to Translate concepts/wireframes into user flows, mockups and prototypes that lead to user experiences. Also Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
● Should have Interests like photography, sketching, art, adventure sports, reading, even travelling acts as an underpinning for Good Imagination.
● Since it’s a creative realm, expecting them to have a business sense to understand the requirement clearly. * Design, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces. Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions, so that can make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
1 to 3 Years
People Management Skills
● Be a young, energetic member of the team
● Ability to work with minimal assistance
● Ability to seek feedback, opinions and ideas to self orient with minimal assistance and also help others to orient as well. Must believe in proactive learning and collaborative working style.
● Ability to bring energy, excitement and positive vibes to the team. Ability to self motivate and inspire others.
● Ability to learn and share knowledge with others - lead by example.
● Excellent Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening skills in English and any one regional Indian language
● Excellent ability articulate a point of view and effectively communicate to team members
● Must have Bachelor's Degree (any field)
● Diploma or PG Diploma in Graphic Designing, Animation
● Masters Degree in Fine Arts
Relevant Work Experience
● Software Consulting/Professional Services/Product Development
● Travel Industry (Online Travel Agency - OTAs)
1. Exploratory Discussion
3. Round 1 (Core Skills, Assignment Evaluation)
4. Round 2 (Soft Skills, Leadership, People Management)
5. Round 3 (Behavioral, Special Situations, General)
6. HR evaluation, compensation discussion
7. Offer for employment, Q&A
8. Acceptance and joining logistics
- Understanding business priorities and customer insights and chart out design roadmaps.
- Making strategic design and user-experience decisions related to existing features, as well as innovative new products
- Defining clear user flows and UI specifications for the Engineering teams and helping in creating seamless and engaging user experiences
- Creating experience maps, user journeys and user flows to prototype unique interaction models and converts them into killer visual designs
- Breaking a long-term user experience vision down into concrete steps for agile development.
- Maintaining design consistency and coherence across the products
- Taking charge of complete user experience across products and building your team to accomplish the product vision
What you need to have:
- Pedigree - Graduation/ PG from Tier 1 design institutes including NIFT, NID, MIT, IIT
- Experience - Over 5 years of experience in developing consumer-facing products including Android, iOS and web applications.
- Experience on tools such as like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Adobe XD
- Product Mindset with design first thinking
- User empathy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Agility and endurance
- Awareness of latest industry trends
- Demonstrated track record of building excellent user experience designs
- Growth - We want to build from within. We look at you as a leader with the potential to make the company a decacorn.
- Exposure to all parts of the business - You will partner with every team, a unique opportunity to learn deeply about business
- Work with the best - Learn from the leaders who have pioneered in building the industry.
- Work with highly experienced, sharp and insanely ambitious colleagues
- High-growth startup & industry - has been a market leader in different segments of fin-tech and we see rapid growth to come in the following years.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations and websites with software.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator, etc.
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic.
- Amend designs after feedback.
- Consult with marketing, copywriting, and sales teams to create cohesive designs.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field.
- Strong analytical and creative skills.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience.
1) Design clear engaging graphic communications for the app, social media and print - this includes UI/ UX, event webpages, brand promotional items, in-app games, etc.
2) Illustrates the concept by designing a rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type, size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
3) Work closely with operations, marketing, and content team to translate their messaging concepts into graphic/visual material
4) Design & create graphics images, GIFs & Ads, etc. for Social Media Platforms.
5) Grow online social networks by acquiring a new fan-base and increasing interactions via designs.
6) Understand the requirement and develop quality graphics, Work on all aspects of design.
7) Should have experience of leading creative/Design team of Min. 7.
1) Should have excellent knowledge of Video/Audio and Live streaming applications.
2) Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design
3) Knowledge of Animate CC and After Effects is a plus.
The individual will be the go-to person for developing concepts, graphics and creating an appropriate design language for the brands. Creating visual elements to deliver the communication efficiently and aesthetically pleasing manner would be needed the most.
This incorporates several tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the account managers to discuss the brand requirements.
- Get a detailed brief to interpret the client’s needs and develop a creative concept that suits their purpose.
- Creating drafts of design with the briefs available and through data research.
- Presenting final output of creative concepts to the account managers.
- Working with a wide range of media tools and software.
- Working as a part of team with account leads, copy writers, technical dept. and of course the design team.
- Updated with current fashion of design trends, application packages, visual arts, time limits and anything that impacts the design.
- Creating design layouts and concepts as per layout principles and design concepts.
- One-Two years of professional pre-press print and digital production experience
- Proficient DTP skills in Adobe Creative Suite or higher, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proven experience of managing DTP/Prepress print Team on a day-to-day basis
- Proven accountability for own work quality and on time delivery
- Ability to achieve delivery expectations within tight deadlines
- Proficient in English language communication and skills
- Degree/Diploma in print and/or digital communications or equivalent
Graduate, Post Graduate
MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
There is a Service Agreement of 2yrs associated with the role.