Since their launch in 2020, they have grown 70-80% MoM just by delivering a strong product experience. It is rated 4.7/5 by consumers across Bangalore, and adopted by hundreds of doctors.
They have been backed by marquee investors. And the overall team is now 100+
About the role
This role is for an engineering manager/leader who has been leading teams and building products in larger scale startups, serving millions of monthly users. And is ready to upgrade their role from being an engineering manager to playing the engineering head of the company.
Work closely with the founders and other leaders in the company to build a strong product and business- collaborating to create innovative products that will help define the future of healthcare.
Build a strong engineering team and processes that enhance their performance and the overall organization.
Pick the right architecture and tools for building a high performance, robust and scalable engineering platform , in a cost-effective way
Has been an experienced Engineering Manager, or Senior Engineering Manager (8 to 10+ years of experience), across at least 1 scaled mobile-first B2C tech startup with paid transactions.
Strong experience with mobile development: iOS, Android and/or React Native. Not just coding, but also leading mobile-based engineering teams.
Strong understanding of devops and backend systems needed for scaling.
Has led engineering teams that launched products from idea to launch (0 to 1), and launch to scale (1 to 10)
Has led teams of 10-15+ engineers.
Comfort in an early stage environment.
Strong communication and leadership ability- especially in the current remote environment.
Has built teams from scratch, and been through the ups and downs of building startups and products.
A passion for building impactful products.
Strong developer, still codes, and can give the best in their team a run for their money! Is pretty much a full-stack engineer.
8-10+ years of experience
Nice to have
Has founded their own company.
Built products for healthcare, logistics and/or IoT devices
Builds things outside of their full-time role- can be through writing, sharing, teaching, building, contributing, etc
Since our inception in 2015, we have been on a mission to empower teachers with technology and products to create an engaging classroom experience for students. Our goal is to become the preferred Operating System for teachers across the world, to create engaging and meaningful content to motivate every learner.
Over the last 7 years, our team has been working closely with our teachers to build, scale and hone the product. We have been fortunate to have millions of teachers and students, high quality investors and team members join us on our journey so far. We are now excited to scale our products and organization to the next level and are looking to welcome new team members to join us to solve challenging and fun problems. We would love for Quizizz to be the next beautiful chapter of your stories.
About the role
75m teachers and students use Quizizz on a monthly basis. They have trusted us in their classrooms to run fast, fun and reliable experiences for assessments and quizzes. We want to build on that trust and continue to delight our students and teachers with products and platforms that can be used in multiple situations (lessons, simulations, etc.,) and become the preferred OS for teachers in classrooms.
This is where you come in – You are one of the first managers not only managing team(s) of engineers but also working closely with founders and senior leaders to shape the culture of the engineering organization for many years to come.
You care deeply about your team, invest in their personal growth and support them in maximizing their impact to the business. While you will not be expected to spend time coding, you will be expected to evaluate and raise the technical bar for the team with engineering, code and design reviews. You will lead by example, not authority.
What you should expect to accomplish
- Learn about the domain, develop a sense for defining the future direction of our product.
- Plan, prioritize and deliver platforms and products at a predictable cadence.
- Work closely with others to shape the platforms, operating, recruiting and onboarding strategies.
- Maintain a high quality bar for yourself and your team.
- Recruit, coach and develop engineers and managers. Give regular feedback, so people can grow personally and professionally.
- Technical: You enjoy solving people and organizational challenges, but gravitate towards technical challenges, keep up with industry trends, and understand our architecture and how it needs to evolve inside and out. You are able to influence design reviews, incident postmortems, and our technical direction not through your position, but through the credibility that your technical expertise brings.
- Startup mentality: You are comfortable navigating the fast moving, unstructured nature of a startup. You are self-motivated to add value and bias towards action. You understand the importance of setting the engineering quality bar for the long term success of our business, but are able to make difficult prioritizations.
- Excellent Communicator: You are able to simplify communication not only for your teams, but for cross functional teams and candidates. You are able to effectively communicate our vision and direction and inspire others.
- Deliver Results: You have experience managing engineering teams with a record of shipping in a fast-paced environment, or you have multiple years of experience as a technical lead, with exposure to prioritization, cross-team collaboration, and engineer mentorship.
What we value
- You have managed engineering teams at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change.
- You've experienced the challenges of scaling and re-architecting platforms through multiple orders of growth.
- You have experience cultivating engineering practices and processes — ex: code reviews, on-call, interviewing.
We are looking for trustworthy and proactive engineering managers with many years’ engineering experience and proven leadership skills. Engineering managers can expect to work on many projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers.
To be successful as an engineering manager, you should have exceptional foresight, great communication skills, working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another, and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry.
- Supervising the work of multiple teams.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
- Researching and developing designs and products.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Hiring contractors and building teams.
- Ensuring products have the support of upper management.
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Design and develop effective APIs
- Build, debug, deploy and ship timely software updates
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Create security and data protection settings
- Work closely with the founding team as a critical point of contact for the engineering team
- Write technical documentation
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Bachelor's degree in the engineering field. Masters in engineering management or related field is a plus
- A great engineering experience.
- Proven supervisory and technical skills.
- Experience developing applications with the knowledge of backend as well as frontend. Familiarity with common stacks. Experience in the MERN stack is a plus
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Good understanding and experience in basic DevOps
- Experience with Flutter and React Native is a plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills and analytical mind
Any preference of Industry: Prior startup experience preferred.
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelors in relevant field
Working Hours: Flexible
Perks: You get to work directly with the Founders on a completely revolutionary idea and most likely end up defining the course of history.
If getting known for your talent, skills & work ethic is what drives you, we make sure that that happens
Here’s a brief about us
Founded by IIT Delhi Alumni, we are building a platform for creators to tokenize their time and earnings and raise capital from their Fans.
Imagine investing in Tanmay Bhat when he only had 10000 followers…
Building AngelList + Binance for creators
As V1, launched a Deeplinking+ Analytics platform for acquiring creators.
25000+ Creators Using
What is the role?
Expected to manage the product plan, engineering, and delivery of Plum Integration activities. Plum is a rewarding and incentive infrastructure for businesses. It's a unified integrated suite of products to handle various rewarding use cases for consumers, sales, channel partners, and employees. 31% of the total tech team is aligned towards this product and comprises 32 members within Plum Tech, Quality, Design, and Product management. The annual FY 2019-20 revenue for Plum was $ 40MN and is showing high growth potential this year as well. The product has a good mix of both domestic and international clientele and is expanding. The role will be based out of our head office in Bangalore, Karnataka however we are open to discuss the option of remote working with 25 - 50% travel.
- Scope and lead technology with the right product and business metrics.
- Directly contribute to product development by writing code if required.
- Architect systems for scale and stability.
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across disciplines like sales, customers, product, design, and customer success.
- Code reviews and feedback.
- Build simple solutions and designs over complex ones and have a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable.
- Define a process for maintaining a healthy engineering culture (Cadence for one-on-ones, meeting structures, HLDs, Best Practices In development, etc.).
What are we looking for?
- Manage a senior tech team of more than 5 direct and 10 indirect developers.
- Should have experience in handling e-commerce applications at scale.
- Should have experience working with applications like HubSpot salesforce and other CRM.
- Should have experience in B2B integrations.
- Should have at least 10+ years of experience in software development, agile processes for international e-commerce businesses.
- Should be extremely hands-on, with an Automate as much as possible mind set full-stack developer.
- Should exhibit skills to build a good engineering team and culture.
- Should be able to handle the chaos with product planning, prioritizing, customer-first approach.
- Technical proficiency
- Frameworks like React, React Native, Node.js, GraphQL
- Databases technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka
- Dev ops to manage and architect infra - AWS, CI/CD (Jenkins)
- System Architecture w.r.t Microservices, Cloud Development, DB Administration, Data Modeling
- Understanding of security principles and possible attacks and mitigate them.
Whom will you work with?
You will lead the Plum Integration Engineering team and work in close conjunction with the Tech leads of Plum with some cross-functional stake with other products. Your will report to the CTO directly.
What can you look for?
Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Manager
This role requires a person to drive the engineering of our cloud infrastructure by aligning with various stakeholders, advising teams on Cloud Solutions, and building and upskilling a team to aid in this.
- Continuously engage with various stakeholders within Porter, understand their requirements, design and continuously evolve the overall Cloud Infrastructure strategy for Porter to meet the overall goals of the company
- Work with application developers to design scalable, robust systems using cloud native architecture principles and help them achieve their operational goals
- Understand needs of data analysis stakeholders and help design data
- infrastructure to meet them.
- Speak with Business leaders to align the team’s road map with business goals like International Expansion, Cost Reduction, goals, etc.
- Engage with legal counterparts to ensure Porter meets its compliance
- obligations, especially in terms of security and privacy.
Cloud Platform Solutions
- Identify common cloud requirements, build platform services to solve them and drive adoption across other teams
- Maintain reliable infrastructure for our servers to run on
- Identify Infrastructure-as-Code tools and educate application teams to provision cloud infrastructure
- Build and maintain convenient CI / CD infrastructure requiring minimal effort from application developers to get their code to production reliably
- Drive adoption of observability platforms for application visibility to help
- application developers have complete visibility of their applications - logging, tracing and metrics.
Security & Privacy
- Ensure security of all cloud infrastructure resources and data owned by Porter.
- Ensure secure networking for all service communication, auditable data
- movement and data access
- Setup ease to use Access Control management and ensure adherence
- Drive security best practices in every stage of application development
- Ensure secure data storage ensure compliance with privacy laws and secure data access to prevent data leaks
- Empower Data Analysis teams to easily discover and communicate Business Insights by providing the right infrastructure to solve their pain points
- Setup data infrastructure on which data pipelines can be set up to ingest data from application databases to a Data Lake
- Provide reporting and visualization tools to our Data team to leverage this and provide Business Insights
- Build and lead a team of highly motivated engineers consisting of Cloud Engineers, SREs and InfoSec.
- Manage a team of upto 10 - 12 members
- Develop a culture of ownership and empathy within the team
- Set clearly defined responsibilities of various roles and at various levels
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their growth paths and train them.
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of
the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.
Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with operations in 14 major cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 50k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada, Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We’re trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of the supply chain. At Porter, we’re here to do the best work of our lives.
If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Company URL: https://porter.in/
- Cloud Infrastructure experience (preferably AWS) >= 8-9 years
- Experience managing a technical team of at least 3 people
- Experience with git, CI / CD, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Experience in working with immutable infrastructure, policy as code and infrastructure as code (Terraform, etc).
- Strong Linux Shell scripting experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in the cloud native, container orchestration, gitops and observability spaces
- Experience with *nix systems, network protocols, dns and configuration management tools
- Experience with one of the programming languages like Python, Java, etc.
Responsibilities: Plan, build, configure, and optimize public cloud infrastructure for high performance, scalable and reliable customer experience Lead, motivate, and scale a highly diverse team. Introduce scalable, repeatable processes that help the team deliver a high-quality product. Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor. Recruit, mentor, and develop world-class engineers and engineering managers. Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software. Lead root cause analysis and collaborate with Engineering to build instrumentation into our stack to understand real-time performance characteristics Qualifications: 5+ years of experience working with kubernetes Experience working with linux containers Familiarity with the google cloud environment Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence. Demonstrated ability to build and scale world-class engineering teams. Proven track record of leading engineering teams working on large-scale, highly-distributed Cloud products and services. Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes. Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
We are on a mission to enable businesses to build agile and accountable technology teams that can deliver results in a secure and scalable way. You will be working in one such technology team for a client based out of
Role & responsibilities
We are looking for an Engineering manager to join our awesome team and deliver a streamlined user experience. We want a team member who is well versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, through design and implementation. We want a team member who Leads projects and teams. Participates in and supports initiatives outside of the main area of responsibility.
- BSc/BE/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years of Experience with at least one scripting language:, Angular, React, Nodejs,or similar
- Good knowledge of operating systems and networking concepts
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Startup mentality, high willingness to learn, and hardworking
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
Rakuten, Inc. is one of the world’s leading Internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal & media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 20,000 employees worldwide.
For more information, visit http://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/.
If you are:
A leader with vision, loves pushing boundaries, questioning status-quo and thrives on challenging problems.
Passionate technologist, not afraid of scale, complexity and breadth
Loves to create a high-performance culture that exceeds expectations, deliver value and create impact
Detailed oriented individual, who understands nuances of technologies choices and drives best fit solutions.
We’d like to meet you! Expertise:
Expert in Distributed Systems and Cloud technologies
12+ years’ experience, with at least 2-3 years as Engineering Manager / Lead
Hands-on with Java ecosystem, web services architecture, design patterns and frameworks
Experience working with caches, app servers, web containers
Understanding of datastores, Oracle exadata / no sql based
Experience with git or likes
Good understanding of development practices and tools, devops, release engineering and infrastructure management
Experience working on API based SaaS products
Experience with SRE, operational architectures, observability aspects
Deep understanding of Reliability, Availability and Scalability
Hands on experience with complex project management, agile based preferred
Comfortable working with a distributed team
Scoping, planning, and technical architecture reviews
Grow and manage the skills, talent in the organization.
Mentor and lead team(s)
Responsible for day-to-day management of Services development team
Partner with Product Management, Architecture, Operations, and other delivery teams to ensure effective launch and delivery of projects
Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
Position : Engineering Manager
Experience Range : 8 Years -10 Years
Salary Range : As per Market
Equity : 0.05% - 0.10%
Location : Remote
We are looking for proactive “Engineering Manager” with proven leadership skills. You are expected to work on many projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers. Your responsibilities will include researching and developing new designs and products, proposing budgets for projects, and overseeing all the activities related to each project.
Expertise : Your experience across the years in the Roles you have played.
- 8 to 10 years of working experience in Laravel, Code Igniter ,Slim Framework.
- Solid PHP and OOPs concepts, PHP higher version
- Strong MySQL database knowledge. Knowledge of Clustering, Replication, Stored Procedures, DBMS - added advantage
- Hand- on experience of Server technologies[AWS] like setup S3,EC2,load balancers, code deployment and scaling, DNS Management, Database Management, Payment Gateway Integration
- Understanding of Multi-tier architecture of the application
- Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git, SVN.
- Knowledge of React.JS will be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and consuming web services like REST, SOAP, XML
- Proficient on API documentation tools/framework such as Postman, Swagger.
-Team Leader, Team Management.
- Development experience as per SOLID principles.
- Experience in Client Communication
- Adaptive to Start-up culture and fast paced growing environment.
- Hire and build a globally-distributed, happy, and successful engineering team.
- Managing a team of 20 + Engineers including Technology leads.
- Closely work with the product team to transform the product roadmap to engineering plan.
- Convert high-level engineering plan into an agile sprint plan with accurate effort estimation ensuring smooth and timely delivery of the project.
- Manage a team of software engineers and technical leads from various disciplines such as frontend, backend, and QA.
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit your team and the product stage(s).
- Understand Engineering KPIs and seek to improve them.
- Conduct managerial interviews for candidates.
- Generate and implement process improvements, especially cross-team processes.
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to bel responsible for planning, coordinating and leading activities across the full delivery lifecycle, to ensure successful deliveries.
To join us, you need to demonstrate the ability for hands-on leadership and ensure you can offer guidance and support, as well as assisting developers at code level.
As an Engineering Manager in JFrog you will...
- Lead a team of strong developers, working on large-scale, complex and cutting-edge systems
- Managing the development and delivery of complex features from design to production according to product requirements
- Ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely while driving all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Building a strong development team that can work independently and at the same time will collaborate with other international R&D teams
- Coordinate team activities with product managements, support, and other interfaces
To be an Engineering Manager in JFrog you need...
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled development teams, and the ability to lead, coach and influence them
- Deep understanding in Java, Golang, SQL database, Elastic search, K8S and Docker
- Experience in developing scalable, concurrent, low-latency, fault tolerant systems
- Strong track record of leading and managing the delivery of software development projects, meeting key milestones and overcoming challenges
- Previous experience in working with other international R&D, product management and support teams
- Proven knowledge in both architecture and implementation-level software design of high-scale distributed systems
- Ability to manage, track and identify risks, bottlenecks and challenges ahead of time, and oversee technical coordination to resolve them
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, and driven team in a context-switching environment
MoEngage is a fast-paced startup that’s helping companies run smart marketing efforts in their effort to reach the customer. We are a leading Marketing Technology Stack provider that is helping brands redefine their customer engagement in the mobile era. Brands use MoEngage to drive long-term, personalised and context-based engagement across channels to help achieve increased customer retention as well as customer LTV. Sitting at a conflux of diverse technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Web & Mobile platforms, MoEngage technology analyses billions of data points generated by customers and their devices, to predict customer behavior and build marketing campaigns that proactively engage users.
In just four years since inception, MoEngage is working with leading brands across e-commerce, entertainment, travel, publishing and banking domains among others. With marquee clients like Vodafone, Oyo, Airtel, McAfee, MoEngage has over 125+ paying Customers in the Enterprise & Internet companies space in India, US, South East Asia & EU. With a global presence spanning 35 countries, MoEngage has offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Jakarta, and Bengaluru.
Today, MoEngage is an industry pioneer in the space and engages more than 350M devices. This includes approximately 40B events tracked per month, 30B+ messages sent, to millions of users across the globe.
As part of the Engineering team at MoEngage, here are some things you can expect:
- Take ownership and be responsible for what you build - no micro management
- Work with A players (some of the best talent in the country), and expedite your learning curve and career growth
- Make in India and build for the world at scale of 350M active users, which no other internet company in the country has seen
- Learn together from different teams on how they scale to millions of users and billions of messages.
- Explore the latest in topics like Data Pipeline, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark, Samza and share with the team
and more importantly have fun while you work on scaling MoEngage.
About InApps team
In-app team is responsible for effectively delivering the contextual information to help companies cross-sell/up-sell on specific workflows triggered on desired actions performed by application users. As a member of in-app team, you will be working on developing high performance systems to deliver the contextual campaigns in real time. In addition to real time campaign delivery, you will work on designing a flexible platform to provide customised experience for application users using web personalization, which allows companies to present unique and personalized experiences on their applications.
- Scaling campaign delivery with personalized content to 500M unique users within 1 sec.
- Rich campaign content delivery keeping user experience native to mobile and web applications.
- Proven experience in handling large infrastructure and distributed systems
- Proven experience in managing high performing engineering teams
- Proven experience with at least one of the cloud computing infrastructure - GCP / Azure / AWS
- Hands on in Java OR Python related technologies and frameworks
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Liaison with Product Management, DevOps, QA and other teams
- Performance management, Sprint management, Roadmap, Hiring, Onboarding, Mentoring, Costing, Documenting
At MoEngage, we are passionate about our team and technology - see below to know more about us and technology.
We handle more than a billion messages everyday. Rest assured, you will be surrounded by really smart and passionate people as we scale much more to build a world class technology team.