- Lead the tech team on daily project development including legacy system refactor and new feature implementation
- At least 4+ years of people management experience.
- Design, build and maintain our trading systems that deal with trade matching, accounting, financial reporting, liquidity, and risk management.
- Articulate a long-term vision for maintaining and scaling our trading systems.
- Liaise with business, product team members, and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap.
- Experience in leading a team to design and build services that are highly scalable and robust.
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least one of the following languages: Go (preferred).
- Solid knowledge of multithreading, enterprise integration pattern, microservice.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Ethereum-like blockchains.
- Experience in crypto exchange development.
- Experience in building systems in the finance industry.
- Familiar with DevOps work with AWS or GCP
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of financial technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast-moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organization
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
1. Lead a growing team of engineers, responsible for overall technical direction of the team
2. Responsible for code and data architecture, resource management and timely delivery of
3. Responsible for scaling team (hiring) and product infrastructure with the growing user
4. Responsible for creating scalable system architecture & infrastructure
5. Hands-on coding of individual product modules
6. Own the codebase, identify code optimization opportunities and maintain error-free code
7. Maintain code documentation
8. Setup and manage back-end infrastructure/services
9. Research new technologies that have the potential to improve the product
10. Manage team’s development backlog tasks/timelines
11. Conduct detailed code reviews, create test cases and conduct alpha, beta testing, conduct QA testing with help from QA engineers
12. Gather requirements business/product managers regarding new feature requests and bugs
What we need?
1. 3-5 years hands-on coding experience in mobile application development with Android SDK, Swift or Flutter SDK and Firebase, Google Cloud Platform or AWS backend
2. 1-2 years experience in leading a team of software development and QA engineers
3. A keen interest in new technologies and best practices
4. Experience in managing development tasks/timelines for a team (e.g. by holding daily scrums)
5. Ability to create fault resistant development frameworks for engineers
6. Experience in seamless deployment of apps to Play Store and App Store and knowledge of respective developer guidelines
7. Experience with performance testing & tuning, scaling and optimization of high-load applications
8. Experience in scaling through non-relational distributed databases
● The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team and will help with strategies and execute the product roadmap.
● Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and product experiments.
● Lead a team of 15-30 Engineers, develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers.
● Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
● Ensure resource availability and allocation.
● Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, lead meetings, and set expectations for the project team.
● Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
● Conduct regular 1-1s with the team.
● Scale the technology architecture, team, and product to drive multiple growths in the next 2-3 years.
● Preferably from LAMP/MEAN, stack and good exposure with scalable and distributed systems using microservices.
● Exposure to various cloud hosting environments(Preferably AWS).
● Bachelor's degree required; masters preferred.
● You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of developing and delivering products.
● Proven working experience as a senior engineering manager in the information technology sector.
● You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
● You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers,
and designers to build them.
● You are deeply technical but prefer to lean on your leadership skills.
● You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
● You have a curiosity about how things work.
● PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus(Theoretical and practical project management knowledge).
● Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
● A minimum of 8+ IT experience in leading multi-skilled teams involving product, mobile, and web application development & Engineering.
- Your responsibilities will be to manage, design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems to serve product requirements, working closely with other engineers to build new features in a scalable manner.
- You will own services across the stack and be responsible for code quality, uptime and performance.
- As a company, we are very data driven and customer focused.
- As an engineering team we are driven by metrics and care deeply about agility without compromising on the quality of our output.
- We are working towards creating an environment where individuals feel empowered to take ownership and initiative.
- You have a minimum 2 years of experience managing a team and working on production systems at a product company with decent scale
- You have been part of projects where new subsystems were built to serve product requirements.
- You have strong knowledge of software development fundamentals, including relevant background in computer science fundamentals and agile development methodologies.
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- You practice test driven development
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator.
- You know that startups are a team sport.
- You listen to others, aren't afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company.
- If you like to tinker and have hobby projects, send us links to your blog, github etc!
standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent.
The job requires a gamut of roles and responsibilities -
● Build a world-class team of engineers
● Ensure their KPI’s and OKR are set and evaluated at regular intervals
● Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time, and within budget.
● Collaborate & work with Product Leads and Business Leaders to develop a long-term product plan,
products, and manage the release planning cycles for all products.
● Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skillsets for the Customer Interaction Team,
assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting Ability to work in a fastpaced
● Deliver results, set up high standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent. product
9 software development experience
● 3+ years of experience running engineering teams of 5+ engineers, and coaching, mentoring
individuals to grow in their career
Experience in setting up & building high-performance technology teams
Position : Director of Engineering
Experience Range : 12 Years -15 Years
Salary Range : As per Market
Equity : 0.10% - 0.30%
Location : Remote
We are looking for “Director of Engineering” to lead our engineering team and help us build great products. You will also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively. To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. In this role you are also in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Expertise : Your experience across the years in the Roles you have played.
- Experience on scalable architecture, distributed systems, multi-tenancy and multi-threading.
- Prior experience on managing team of up to 30 Engineers, mentoring and coaching them.
- Experience on LAMP or MERN Stack. Hands on experience on Laravel, Code Igniter & Slim Framework.
- Experience on building web applications using Node.js and React.js
- Strong MySQL database knowledge. Knowledge of Clustering, Replication, Stored Procedures,
- Hand- on experience of Server technologies[AWS] like setup S3,EC2,load balancers, code
deployment and scaling, DNS Management, Database Management, Payment Gateway Integration
- Understanding of Multi-tier architecture of the application
- Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git, SVN.
- Experience in developing and consuming web services like REST, SOAP, XML
- Proficient on API documentation tools/framework such as Postman, Swagger.
- Adaptive to Start-up culture and fast paced growing environment.
- Hire and build a globally-distributed, happy, and successful engineering team.
- Oversee Front-end and Back-end development teams of 40+ Engineers including Engineering Managers and their projects.
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit your team and the product stage(s)
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on management experience.
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experience building and leading platforms is a must. Experience with SOA/Microservices with Node.js and Golang is a plus
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive engineering teams.
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy.
- Entrepreneurial drive and have hands-on experience in creating products which solve user’s problems
team. We’re looking for versatile developers who will:
1. Be product owners
2. Plan, design and build new products and manage their delivery
3. Play the role of tech lead of a team
4. Build new tools and processes around development to increase efficiency
5. Drive culture, learning and development of team members and of the larger org
6. Take ownership and get the job done
7. Have extensive experience in building API products
Who are we looking for?
The leadership role is a software development manager role involving end-to-end engineering
ownership of product(s), and a technical team to go along with it.
● Owner — You will be responsible for one or more products to be delivered to the business.
From a broad point of view, you will be responsible for:
○ Transfer of knowledge from product teams to engineering
○ Interfacing with developer relations, sales and other functions
○ Planning, prioritization of various tasks related to the projects
○ Development of the project, including your own contribution
○ Ensuring quality of deliverables
○ Communication with stakeholders throughout the process
○ Ensure adherence to Agile principles and SCRUM processes
● Technical Manager — As a senior technical member, you will make technical decisions
that will shape current and future behaviours and capabilities of products, and be in good
shape to do so. The requirements here are:
○ Good knowledge and experience of working with backend systems, including
production maintenance experience are must-haves
and their popular frameworks, libraries and ecosystems. More languages and
frameworks fetch more points
○ Knowledge of ancillary technologies, including logging, monitoring,
dashboarding etc would be necessary
● Enabler — You will introduce various checks and balances in the system, introduce
processes which stop people from failing, introduce tools which make people more
productive, optimize where required, hand-hold where necessary and essentially go
through the entire SDLC, and take the team with you.
● Nurturer — You will cater to your team's interests, help them learn, point them towards
things worth learning, facilitate information cross-pollination within the org, communicate
and cater towards individuals growth-paths, career aspirations and sanity.
We will spare no efforts to ensure that Setu empowers you to do the most important
At JFrog, we’re reinventing DevOps to help the world’s greatest companies innovate -- and we want you along for the ride. This is a special place with a unique combination of brilliance, spirit and just all-around great people. Here, if you’re willing to do more, your career can take off. And since software plays a central role in everyone’s lives, you’ll be part of an important mission. Thousands of customers, including the majority of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage, accelerate, and secure their software delivery from code to production -- a concept we call “liquid software.” Wouldn't it be amazing if you could join us in our journey?
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to bel responsible for planning, coordinating and leading activities across the full delivery lifecycle, to ensure successful deliveries.
To join us, you need to demonstrate the ability for hands-on leadership and ensure you can offer guidance and support, as well as assisting developers at code level.
As an Engineering Manager in JFrog you will...
- Lead a team of strong developers, working on large-scale, complex and cutting-edge systems
- Managing the development and delivery of complex features from design to production according to product requirements
- Ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely while driving all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Building a strong development team that can work independently and at the same time will collaborate with other international R&D teams
- Coordinate team activities with product managements, support, and other interfaces
To be an Engineering Manager in JFrog you need...
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled development teams, and the ability to lead, coach and influence them
- Deep understanding in Java, Golang, SQL database, Elastic search, K8S and Docker
- Experience in developing scalable, concurrent, low-latency, fault tolerant systems
- Strong track record of leading and managing the delivery of software development projects, meeting key milestones and overcoming challenges
- Previous experience in working with other international R&D, product management and support teams
- Proven knowledge in both architecture and implementation-level software design of high-scale distributed systems
- Ability to manage, track and identify risks, bottlenecks and challenges ahead of time, and oversee technical coordination to resolve them
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, and driven team in a context-switching environment
Industry- Product Based Companies
Role & Responsibilities:
1. Working with engineering executives to define the engineering roadmap.
2. Working with the team to keep the technical and team docs up to the mark.
3. 4+ years of experience in software engineering and development work.
4. Experience designing or building technically complex architectures.
5. 2+ years managing software development teams of at least 3 members.
6. Identified issues and built great processes for achieving engineering, product, and team goals.
7. Worked in high growth startups, can make stability, performance.
8. 70-80% of responsibility is into developing a product/features/modules from scratch while the rest percentage is into people management.
9. Majority looking for candidates with JAVA experience in past or present experience.
MoEngage is a fast-paced startup that’s helping companies run smart marketing efforts in their effort to reach the customer. We are a leading Marketing Technology Stack provider that is helping brands redefine their customer engagement in the mobile era. Brands use MoEngage to drive long-term, personalised and context-based engagement across channels to help achieve increased customer retention as well as customer LTV. Sitting at a conflux of diverse technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Web & Mobile platforms, MoEngage technology analyses billions of data points generated by customers and their devices, to predict customer behavior and build marketing campaigns that proactively engage users.
In just four years since inception, MoEngage is working with leading brands across e-commerce, entertainment, travel, publishing and banking domains among others. With marquee clients like Vodafone, Oyo, Airtel, McAfee, MoEngage has over 125+ paying Customers in the Enterprise & Internet companies space in India, US, South East Asia & EU. With a global presence spanning 35 countries, MoEngage has offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Jakarta, and Bengaluru.
Today, MoEngage is an industry pioneer in the space and engages more than 350M devices. This includes approximately 40B events tracked per month, 30B+ messages sent, to millions of users across the globe.
As part of the Engineering team at MoEngage, here are some things you can expect:
- Take ownership and be responsible for what you build - no micro management
- Work with A players (some of the best talent in the country), and expedite your learning curve and career growth
- Make in India and build for the world at scale of 350M active users, which no other internet company in the country has seen
- Learn together from different teams on how they scale to millions of users and billions of messages.
- Explore the latest in topics like Data Pipeline, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark, Samza and share with the team
and more importantly have fun while you work on scaling MoEngage.
About InApps team
In-app team is responsible for effectively delivering the contextual information to help companies cross-sell/up-sell on specific workflows triggered on desired actions performed by application users. As a member of in-app team, you will be working on developing high performance systems to deliver the contextual campaigns in real time. In addition to real time campaign delivery, you will work on designing a flexible platform to provide customised experience for application users using web personalization, which allows companies to present unique and personalized experiences on their applications.
- Scaling campaign delivery with personalized content to 500M unique users within 1 sec.
- Rich campaign content delivery keeping user experience native to mobile and web applications.
- Proven experience in handling large infrastructure and distributed systems
- Proven experience in managing high performing engineering teams
- Proven experience with at least one of the cloud computing infrastructure - GCP / Azure / AWS
- Hands on in Java OR Python related technologies and frameworks
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Liaison with Product Management, DevOps, QA and other teams
- Performance management, Sprint management, Roadmap, Hiring, Onboarding, Mentoring, Costing, Documenting
At MoEngage, we are passionate about our team and technology - see below to know more about us and technology.
We handle more than a billion messages everyday. Rest assured, you will be surrounded by really smart and passionate people as we scale much more to build a world class technology team.