About Oscar Murphy Life Strategists
● Building and maintaining micro services.
● Develop new features and improve existing features of the application.
● Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
● Code reviews and ensuring adherence to software development standards.
● Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure.
● Participating in requirements gathering and functional specification activities.
● Resolving and helping to mitigate production issues.
What you need to be successful
● Has proven himself as a solid individual contributor and has some initial management ability
● Understands the culture and upholds it
● Well respected with the team
● Looking to grow more as a manager than as an engineer
● Split time b/w hands-on technical work and people management of a small team
● Be a role model for the people in your team
● Responsible for team mentorship, technical planning, resource allocation & project delivery
● Build solid working relationships with counterparts outside engineering
● If we shortlist you for a lead role, then you'll have to mentor SDE-1 towards their SDE-2 journey.
● Progress up to manager in 2-3 years
● Strong Data Structure and Algorithms
● Experience of building micro services architectures, developing RESTful services, continuous integration, unit and integration testing.
RDBMS and NoSQL databases - PostgreSQL, MongoDB
● Gauge or other BDD frameworks and experience in Fintech would be preferred.
● Fintech experience - preferred
At Everest, we innovate at the intersection of design and engineering to produce outstanding products. The work we do is meaningful and challenging - which makes it interesting. Imagine each line of your code, making the world a better place. We work on five workdays weeks, and overtime is a rarity. If clean architecture, TDD, DDD, DevOps, Microservices, Micro-frontends, scalable systems resonate with you, please apply.
To see the quality of our code, you can checkout some of our open source projects: https://github.com/everest-engineering
If you want to know more about our culture:
Some videos that can help:
- Passion to own and create amazing product.
- Should be able to clearly understand the customer's problem.
- Should be a collaborative problem solver.
- Should be able a team player.
- Should be open to learn from others and teach others.
- Should be a good problem solver.
- Should be able to take feedback and improve continuously.
- Should commit to inclusion, equity & diversity.
- Should maintain integrity at work.
- Can write reliable, scalable, testable and maintainable code.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and clean code.
- Design and/or contribute to client-side and server-side architecture.
- Well versed with fundamentals of REST.
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design.
- Knowledge of one or more back-end languages (e. g. C#, Java, Python, Go, Node.js and frameworks like SpringBoot, . NET Core)
- Well versed with fundamentals of database design.
- Familiarity with databases - RDBMS like MySQL, Postgres & NoSQL like MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- Well versed with one or more cloud platforms like - AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code - CloudFormation & Terraform & deployment tools like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions. Unit testing tools like Junit, Mockito, Chai, Mocha, Jest.
Experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Great attention to details, Organizational skills, An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Design and implement software components using up-to-date technologies and best practices.
- Comprehensive understanding of the REST architecture.
- Strong working experience in Angular,HTML5, CSS3
- Strong working experience in Container Orchestration Management on-premise and public cloud (Docker, Kubernetes or similar)
- Overall understanding of the Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with widely used design patterns.
- Should possess prior experience in building distributed multi-tier applications with single sign-on.
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Automated Deployment on AWS/Azure
- Static and dynamic code quality analysis
- Should understand the dynamics of the full-stack development and guide junior team members.
- Experience in developing enterprise-scale software platforms
- Should have hands-on experience in managing releases.
- Build applications using Azure Services and deploy them on Azure Infrastructure.
Your responsibilities as a backend engineer will include:
- Back-end software development
- Software engineering and designing data models and write effective APIs
- Working together with engineers and product teams
- Understanding business use cases and requirements for different internal teams
- Maintenance of existing projects and New feature development
- Consume and integrate classifier/ ML snippets from Data science team
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of industry experience with the Python and Django framework.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good analytical skills with strong fundamentals of data structures and algorithms
- Experience building backend services with hands-on experience through all stages of Agile software development life cycle.
- Ability to write optimized codes,debug programs, and integrate applications with third party tools by developing various APIs
- Experience with Databases.
- Experience with writing REST-APIs.
- Prototyping initial collection and leveraging existing tools and/or creating new tools
- Experience working different types of datasets (e.g. unstructured, semi-structured, with missing information)
- Ability to think critically and creatively in a dynamic environment, while picking up new tools and domain knowledge along the way
- A positive attitude, and a growth mindset
- Experience with relevant Python libraries such as Requests, sklearn, Selenium
- Hands on experience in Machine learning implementations
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS) and relevant microservices
- Good Humor
Note- We are currently working from home due to the pandemic. If selected you may work from a remote location though once office reopens candidate must work from Office.
- Independently Perform data modelling and database design for new featuters in platform
- Design, develop and maintain REST APIs for platform
- Design and develop role based access control for various resources
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
- Perform data migration, transformation. Write jobs to execute scripts peridically
- Design and develop web socket based multi user systems
Skills and Qualifications :
- 4+ years experience in Python, Django,Celery and related technology
- Detailed understanding of Django framework is must
- Prior experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database
- Experience in working aiohttp or web socket
- Experience in AWS/GCP
- Strong knowledge various design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm
- Knowledge of CI/CD and cloud based application deployment
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Prior experience in startup or product based companies is prefered
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
What are we looking for? :
- Experience in versions 1.9 or 2.4 versions of Magento.
- Excellent understanding of PHP and programming skills
- Understanding of MVC structures, OOPs concepts and Frameworks.
- Experience working with Magento or a similar e-commerce framework.
- Experience working with Linux, Nginx or Apache and Git, REST APIs.
- Experience working with MySQL, Caching and Elastic search.
- Experience in UI and Theme customization in Magento.
- Have knowledge of Performance optimization or best practices of development.
- Have 2-4 years of relevant experience.
What you will be doing?:
- Collaborate with team members and solve new challenges through tech and research.
- Take end-to-end ownership of delivering new modules - analyze customer usage & feedback, review business requirements, develop functionalities and test code.
- Write clean readable code and also follow best practices for efficiency and performance.
- Self learn and work independently, Also collaborate with the team when required.
- Communicate constructively and value user experience and feedback.
What can you expect to learn?:
- Full stack development in latest web technologies and frameworks like Angular, Laravel, PHP, PWAs, REST APIs, Elastic search and Web services.
- Develop custom functionalities, plugins and modules in Magento 2.4 to implement business ideas and user requirements.
- Best coding practices and various methodologies to optimize performance and produce the best quality product. Various caching techniques and optimization standards.
- Solve challenges in scalability and handling high amount of user requests using cloud APIs and services.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- No dress code
- Group outings
- Supportive work culture
As a Software Engineer at Quince, you'll be responsible for designing and building scalable infrastructure and build applications to solve some very interesting problems in the logistics and finance tech space.
- Design and architect solutions on the cloud for various business problems with workflow efficiency and scale in mind.
- Be on the forefront with the business team to learn, understand, identify and translate function requirements into technical opportunities.
- End-to-end ownership - from scoping the requirements to the final delivery of the solution with keen eye to details and quality.
- Build and improve logistics components for this innovative M2C supply-chain model.
- Build and maintain scalable ETL data pipelines.
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science or closely related subject.
- 1-5 years of experience in building software solutions.
- Good at data structures and their practical applications.
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java, Python.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining applications on cloud platforms (Ex: AWS, Google cloud).
- Proficiency with SQL and databases - relational and/or nosql (Snowflakes, AWS RedShift, etc).
- Experience with messaging middleware such as Kafka is good to have.