Only 10% of India speaks English and 90% speak over 25 languages and 1000s of dialects. The internet has largely been in English. A good part of India is now getting internet connectivity thanks to cheap smartphones and Network Providers. The non-English speaking internet users will balloon to about 600 million users out of the total 750 million internet users in India. This will make the vernacular segment one of the largest segments in the world - almost 2x the size of the Western population. The vernacular segment has very few products that they can use on the internet. One large human need is that of sharing thoughts and connecting with people of the same community on the basis of language and common interests. There’s a large unaddressed need for these vernacular users to express themselves in their mother tongue and connect with others from their community. Koo is a solution to this problem.
Koo was founded in March 2020, as a micro-blogging platform in both Indian languages and English, which gives a voice to the millions of Indians who communicate in Indian languages.
Currently available in Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu, Koo enables people from across India to express themselves online in their mother tongues. In a country where under 10% of the population speaks English as a native language, Koo meets the need for a social media platform that can deliver an immersive language experience to an Indian user, thereby enabling them to connect and interact with each other. The recently introduced ‘Talk to Type’ enables users to leverage the voice assistant to share their thoughts without having to type. In August 2021, Koo crossed 10 million downloads, in just 16 months of launch.
Since June 2021, Koo is available in Nigeria.
Koo is founded by veteran internet entrepreneurs – Aprameya Radhakrishna (CEO, Taxiforsure) and Mayank Bidawatka (Co-founder, Goodbox & Coreteam, redBus).
Technology Team & Culture
The technology team comprises sharp coders, technology geeks and guys who have been
entrepreneurs or are entrepreneurial and extremely passionate towards technology. Talent is coming from the likes of Google, Walmart, Redbus, Dailyhunt. Anyone being part of a
technology team will have a lot to learn from their peers and mentors. Download our android app and take a look at what we’ve built. Technology stack compromises of a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies like Kotlin, Java 15, Reactive Programming, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kubernetes, AWS, NodeJS, Python, ReactJS, Redis, Aerospike, ML, Deep learning etc. We believe in giving a lot of independence and autonomy to ownership-driven individuals.
Technology skill sets required:
● Work Experience in FrontEnd between 7 to 15 years in large scale consumer facing applications
with desire to work in early stage fast paced growing startups with millions of users.
● Must have led a team of 5 to 15 engineers. Excellent business understanding and
prioritisation skills. Fully hands on with coding and up to date with technology trends.
● Should be able to do effective code reviews and guide the team on design and
architecture. Must be very well versed with technology trends in the industry.
● Should have implemented cost effective microservices from scratch using best principles
and solved for high scale. Strong with concepts around auto scaling, high availability,
monitoring and debugging in production. 5. Super strong with design & system
architecture and hands-on experience with both RDBMS and NoSQL databases. Must
have worked on Redis, Memcached or Aerospike and queuing solutions like Kafka. 6.
Must be excellent with hiring and should have built a team from scratch or small size.
Recognised potential talents and mentored the engineering team into a high energy and
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
Delivering a complete front end application.
Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both web and mobile platforms.
Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
What we expect:
You should have awesome development skills and the ability to translate those into elegant, scalable code. Most importantly, you should have the mindset to work well in a highly agile, motivated, fast-growing start-up environment.
Knowledge and experience with:
- Experience level 2+ years
- React & Vuejs
- JS/HTML/CSS skills
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Data Structuring;
- Experience with storage and caching solutions such as MySQL and Redis
- Experience with TDD and testing frameworks
- Experience with Git and Github
- A love for clean and elegant code
- Kendo (increases your chances of getting hired)
- Comfortable using Unix / Linux systems
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and knowledge about React.js and Next.js
- Strong understanding of how SSR (Server Side Rendering) works.
- Taking figma/zepline files from designers, slicing and/or recreating elements via CSS to match the design perfectly
- Ability to make modifications to libraries as per requirement of a project
- Passion and follow through for their work. Excited and curious about learning new technology, as well as the sharing of ideas. Exceptional collaboration, listening, written, and verbal communication. Able to own individual projects as well as the ability to work within a team.
- Awareness of current design trends in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an understanding time limits which can impact on the design.
- Knowledge of GIT or any other version control software.
- Good experience on Next.js, with great css skills.
- Should also know the latest strategies available on Next.js v12.
Job Responsibilities -
- Building a website from concept all the way to completion
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling a site
- You will be responsible for both front-end and back-end web development(preferred)
- Maintain the integrity of code and organisation for the same
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
Skills Required -
- An Ideal candidate will have an experience of 3-5 years.
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Full stack knowledge. Previous experience working in a AWS, Firebase or any of the cloud technologies environment.
- Working knowledge of REST API and MVC framework
- Understanding of Mongo and SQL database
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, and standards.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility by communicating and co-ordinating with the UI/UX teams.
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Working closely with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Developing mobile and desktop responsive web applications.
- Maintaining code integrity and organization.
- Assisting in updating the application development policies to ensure that all future applications meet the latest technical requirements.
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders for requirements.
- Can architect UI systems and has a well-honed understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different frameworks.
- Cherishes the craft of an experience getting to perfect pixels, creating animations with just the right springs, investing in loading performance.
- Is familiar with React, Node. JS, NoSQL databases like Firebase, and AWS.
- Collaborates actively with designers, product managers, product scientists, and other engineers.
EAGLE Power Holdings aims to launch a portfolio of new energy retail brands, all of which enjoy the efficiency of a single technology platform. We want to do more than offer cheap "green" tariffs, and believe that our range of engaging brands can identify with shifts in consumer preferences (e.g. growth of EV usage), with the value of local communities, and with proactive support of broader ESG causes.
Our long-term strategy is technology-driven, and involves unlocking value through the digitalisation of processes around customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
Developers at EAGLE flourish in an agile process where collaboration and ego-free communication is valued. We believe in developing working software throughout the entire product development process. We engage in product thinking as a team, and cross-functionality among product managers, designers, and domain experts is promoted.
How you fit in
Engineering is the executional function of EAGLE's software delivery wing. As a Senior Frontend Developer, you are expected to take control of complex B2C projects being built from scratch. Moreover, not only are you expected to write clean, tested, and maintainable code but you will also be a central part of a product team that iterates constantly, ships regularly, and learns continuously. You will have the creative freedom for learning, experimenting, and responsible risk-taking in a startup environment.
What your role consists of:
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, and product owners to build & ship new features and maintain/enhance existing ones
- Design & develop engaging front-end and user interface solutions to address complex and valuable business problems
- Implement best practices of test-driven development, automated deployment, refactoring and code standards
- Tackle complex problems, consider multiple solutions, and determine the best course of action
- Assist with the API design, development, and documentation of our UI kit
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Help inform product prioritisation and scoping decisions by evaluating technical complexity and risk
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Maintain technical documentation
What you bring to this role:
- An ownership mindset: you should look not only at what you’re asked to do, but ask why you’re doing it and how it impacts on the rest of the product, our customers, and whether it makes sense
- A deep understanding of React and an eye towards writing efficient, performant, and tested code
- Experience in core aspects of web application development, including design, development, performance, integration, analytics, usability, and accessibility
- Experience developing applications from the ground up
- Proven ability with interaction/UI design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Passion for the whole product process. You will have your specific areas of focus, but we find those that are passionate about the bigger picture collaborate best with cross-functional teams
Nice to have
- Portfolio showcasing previous work with interaction/UI design
Where we are
While the company is registered in the UK, the software delivery wing is being built to be remote-first. Whether you prefer to be in situ or a digital nomad (or anything in between), you are welcome.
What’s in it for you
We offer competitive salaries based on prevailing rates in your local employment market, but there is further room to negotiate if you are the right candidate.
In addition to your basic package, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited annual leave
- On-the-job coaching, and access to mentorship by industry and domain thought leaders
- Full or partial sponsorship for professional/skill development courses, certifications, and other learning opportunities (evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Monthly allowance package for remote working (coworking membership or cash allowance)
About EAGLE Power Holdings
In a nutshell: Transforming energy retail and supply through cutting-edge software and AI technology
The venture is in ‘stealth mode’ as we lay the foundations for blast-off. It has been launched by a team with a history of entrepreneurial successes. These include one in the climate change space which services the Californian and North America carbon markets, and another which provides highly refined machine learning software to the energy arena in Asia. Both companies were acquired last year.
This start-up was launched in London at the end of 2020, and will focus on the deregulated energy market in GB. The mission is to discover, or invent, a viable business and operational model for energy retail within the near-zero-cost energy ecosystem that the world is moving towards. This transformation is driven by the ever-decreasing prices of renewables and alternative generation, and by the exponentially growing volumes of national energy system data. We believe these factors have yet to truly disrupt the market, and intend to accelerate the sharing of value back to consumers.
Equal parts creative agency, engineering firm, and consultancy, Grappus has a reputation of doing things differently. We work with brands big and small, far and wide, helping them understand, prototype and deploy a broad range of custom tech. We value design and we cringe at bad UX. Each project is a clean slate, we don’t have frameworks, or any pre-made formulas. We’re not here to just grow big, make money and win awards. We’re here to crack the process of building truly innovative products from scratch. Products that make people say ‘damn’.
People at Grappus usually experience a highly accelerated career growth well beyond the narrow constraints of their ‘job description’. Here, the growth ladder is tailored to you. It operates exactly as fast as you can manage to grow. We think it's a waste when smart people are unable to make an impact. Our aim is to unleash your potential by giving you massive challenges and the freedom to solve them.
We’re in a fluid world, where we don’t know what technologies we’ll use next, or the projects we’ll work on. We’re actively searching for ways to shine a light on our blind spots, whether it is in the products we want to build, the problems we like to solve, or the company culture we try to create. That’s what makes life at Grappus so exciting. Grappus is an ongoing experiment and you are a part of it. We'll be a different company a few years from now because you are going to change it for the better. We can’t wait to see where you take us.
About the role:
We are seeking a Sr. Frontend Developer who has a knack for coming up with creative solutions to unique problems, planning development cycles and writing technical documentation while leading a team of developers. You can get in where needed to write clean, reusable, and performant code, with creative sensibilities to push projects towards perfection. You should have good time management skills and be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively with a cross-discipline team of product managers, strategists, UX designers, art directors, and developers. Most importantly, you have an eye for detail and the ability to make beautiful designs come to life through code.
What we’d like to see:
● Ability to write elegant and readable code
● Excellent problem solving skill and love technical challenges
● Lead a team of developers and showcase managerial skills
● Comfortable working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
● Strong understanding of Agile and Lean software development processes and practices
● Stays plugged into emerging technologies/ industry trends and applies them proactively
● Knowledge of software best practices, like test driven development and continuous integration
● BE/ B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent practical experience
● Proven working experience in frontend programming for a minimum of 3 years
● Good understanding of frameworks like Bootstrap, Backbone, ReactJS, Redux and libraries like jQuery, LESS and Ajax
● Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest
● Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
● Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills and client handling skills
● Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
● Experience with coaching and mentoring junior web developers
● Experience in working with a variety of external frameworks and libraries
● Proven experience integrating with, along with a deep understanding of, service-based Web APIs including REST and/or GraphQL
● Good knowledge of User Interface patterns and techniques to solve common UI problems
Nice to have:
● Familiarity and experience using a variety of architectural design patterns
● Personal projects or contributions to the open source community
● Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
● Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
● Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
● Team player (those great personality types that people love to work with)
● Great communication skills
Why you’ll love it here:
(Besides working with our team with infinite charm)
● We have no fixed work timings or leave policy, you can take unlimited leaves and start your day whenever you want. (Just make sure others in your team don’t suffer)
● We don’t track these hours you put in or ask you to fill time sheets. We don’t believe in
micromanaging, if you’re struggling, ask for help. If someone else is, offer some support.
● We never mind if people make mistakes or screw up in any way, and offer full encouragement to help people learn fast by failing fast.
● We always encourage people to be completely candid, raise alarms, or log complaints
anonymously in our feedback tool, no matter how harsh.
● We are a ‘Work from Anywhere’ company, since passionate, driven people can work from
anywhere they want; their homes, or cafes, or mountains, or beaches, anywhere.
● We have a 15-day notice period. We want to build a place where people work willingly and passionately.
We are hiring a Frontend Developer for Dehradun Location.
Exp- 1.5-4 years
- Good working knowledge of Frontend Development.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of Fronted Development Skills.
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms will be an added advantage.