Role: Frontend Engineer
Location: We are open to candidates working from anywhere in India/across the globe. We are fully
If you are keen to develop and drive product architecture, technology vision, strategy, and execution
of our Platform, keep reading!
Lummo (formerly Bukukas) is a SaaS startup seeking to empower entrepreneurs and brands in
SEA to accelerate their growth and to serve their customers by giving them the best technology and
Lummo offers localised solutions made for SEA, thereby shining the spotlight on entrepreneurs and
brands, enabling them to discover all possibilities to grow their business.
Lummo was founded as BukuKas in 2019 by serial entrepreneurs Krishnan Menon and Lorenzo
The journey started with BukuKas, an app to digitize the physical record-keeping books by enabling
micro and small enterprises to record their sales, expenses, and cash transactions at ease using
Lummo's flagship product, LummoSHOP (formerly Tokko), helps growth oriented entrepreneurs and
brands unlock their full potential by helping them build a strong relationship with their consumers by
selling to them directly (D2C), maximize operational efficiency across multiple channels & build their
own brand online.
Backed by top venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, CapitalG (Google’s
venture fund), Credit Saison, Speedinvest, and other prominent investors and entrepreneurs like
Gokul Rajaram (DoorDash), Taavet Hinrikus (Founder, TransferWise), Sandeep Tandon
(FreeCharge), Santiago Sosa (Founder, Nuvemshop), Nipun Mehra (Ula, Sequoia), and Amrish
Rao (Pinelabs, Citrus pay).
Having raised more than $150 Million in funding with the backing of marquee global investors,
Lummo has built a world class team with top talent from across the world and is well poised to
become a legendary SaaS company that will last beyond our lifetimes
We just received C series funding in January 2022, read more about us https://www-bnnbloomberg-ca.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.bnnbloomberg.ca/alphabet-unit-backs-shopify-like-startup-in-rare-indonesia-deal-1.1709623.amp.html" target="_blank">here.
As an SDE3, you would be expected to:
- Design, build and maintain frontend applications on web or mobile
- Debug production issues related to applications you are responsible for.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers to deliver complex projects in an iterative manner.
You would be a good fit if:
- You have a minimum of 6 years of experience working at product companies with decent scale (think high DAUs and MAUs)
- You have experience delivering end to end projects, beginning from a single page debrief to iteratively releasing features to production working closely with engineers writing API code as well as collaborating with designers and product managers
- You believe in writing high quality code, improving engineering standards, tooling and processes
- You believe in writing performance optimized code and not treat it as something that comes secondary to functional requirements
- You are not afraid to pick up new technologies and enjoy learning new tooling that you may not be familiar with
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator. You know that start-ups are a team sport. You listen to others, aren’t afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions. You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company.
- Any open source code or contributions to OSS projects would be a bonus!
What do we offer?
- A multicultural and diverse team of colleagues from all over the globe Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and other benefits
- Hybrid of work-from-home and work-from-office with full management support during Covid time
- A collaborative and flat company culture
What’s in it for you?
Do you truly want to make a difference and revolutionize the lives of millions of business owners? Do you thrive in an environment where moving at light speed and embracing new challenges every day is essential? If yes, Lummo (earlier BukuKas) is the perfect place for you!
Job Description: Senior UI Developer
We are a technology firm with presence in the UK and India focussed on the financial services domain. Our clients are the world's major fintech players. We need individuals with a passion for technology, a desire to learn about the business.
As a company, we are committed to the growth, development, and well-being of our people. We encourage our people to pursue their passion, develop their skills, and launch a meaningful and rewarding career. We offer a highly competitive pay package and other benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for Senior UI Developers (5+ yrs of exp) to work for one of our US based clients which is a fast growing and highly regarded fintech firm in the OMS/EMS/PMS space.
- Build, test, and maintain features of an Execution Management System built with Neutralino, React, and Typescript.
- Respond quickly to functional feedback and adapt accordingly.
- Take technical and functional direction, communicate effectively asynchronously, and work through code reviews.
- Strong general-purpose development skills.
- Experience with React, including React hooks.
- Good understanding of trading platforms generally.
- Proficiency with standard tools: Git, NPM, etc.
- Exceptional Communication skills both, written and verbal.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Transition existing React web apps to React Native
- Good knowledge about React/React Native
- Should be aware about state management library Redux
- Must have knowledge of es6+
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle
- Good to have knowledge about writing test cases
- Good to have knowledge about typescript
- Preferred if there is at least one app on play store
About the Company
Peacock Engineering Ltd is a Gold-accredited IBM Premier Business Partner which has amassed over 300 person years of experience implementing business critical EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) solutions across a range of industries such as oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, utilities, facilities management, transport, and power generation.
Peacock Engineering Ltd specialise in providing consultancy services and support for the IBM Maximo EAM software product and maintain a pool of highly experienced and capable consultants fully conversant with IBM Maximo and its functionality, capabilities, and opportunities for customisation to meet business need.
Peacock Engineering’s Technical Services team is now looking for an experienced UI / Front End Developer who is proficient with React.js (16.8+) to join our international team of developers delivering innovative solutions to our major UK-based customers.
Your primary focus will be working on new user interface components which are modern, secure, performant, and easy to maintain - following well-known React.js workflows and recognised best practices.
You will coordinate with the rest of our multi-disciplined team working together on different layers of the solution architecture. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and delivering a high-quality product is essential.
- Developing new user-facing features for our clients using React.js
- Translating functional requirements (User Stories/Tasks) and wireframes into high quality code with tests
- Working with architects, developers, and QA engineers to ensure that your work is testable, meets industry security standards and is written to deliver good performance/scalability.
- Perform application and solution development to meet project requirements.
- Develop and document detailed technical designs to meet business requirements.
- Manage multiple technical environments and support the development and testing processes.
- Identify areas of customization and optimization and provide solutions that meet the business requirements.
Skills & Personal Qualities – Required:
Experience working with the IBM Maximo software product within the following capacities:
- Tech. in Computer Science, Engineering or Business-related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in React application development.
- Demonstrable expertise in software development in an Agile setting
- Ability to deliver well-tested code consistently in an Agile, CI/CD environment
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authentication/authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools (Azure DevOps preferable)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack/Parcel, NPM/Yarn, etc.
- Familiarity with Git
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good spoken & written English
Skills & Personal Qualities – Desired:
- To bring industry knowledge world class capabilities innovation and cutting-edge technology to our clients in the Resources industry to deliver business value.
- To work with leading Resources client’s major customers and suppliers to develop and execute projects and reliability strategies.
- To harness extensive knowledge combined with an integrated suite of methods people and assets to deliver sustainable long-term solution.
- IBM MobileFirst certification
- JAVA/ SQL Skills
- Professional and committed, with a disciplined approach to work.
- Motivated and driven by finding and providing solutions to problems.
- Polite, tactful, helpful, empathic nature, able to deliver to the needs of customers.
- Has respect for others and their views.
- Technology minded and focused, enthusiastic about technologies.
- Analytical, able to raise from the detail and see the bigger picture.
- Dedicated to continually updating and upgrading own knowledge.
- Carries a mind-set of continuous improvement, constantly looking for better and more efficient ways of doing things.
- Values quality at the centre of all things in work.
Due to considerable amounts of virtual working and interaction with colleagues and customers in different physical locations internationally, it is essential that the successful applicant has the drive and ethic to succeed working in small teams physically but in larger efforts virtually. Self-drive to communicate constantly using web collaboration and video conferencing is essential.
As an employee, you will be encouraged to continually develop your capability & attain certifications to reflect your growth as an individual.
Experience should have minimum 2 years.
Proficient with ReactJS/Redux
Designing and developing user interface solutions for websites, web and Mobile applications.
Design product and website layouts, assets, flows, sitemaps etc.
Create and maintain UI guidelines and templates.
Extensive knowledge of web technologies and building large scale web applications.
Expertise with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
Interact with other team members to incorporate innovations and vice versa.
Experience in working with Agile Methodology.
Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
Should possess excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar.
- Previous work experience as an AngularJS developer.
- Proficient in CSS, HTML, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Technical lead skills. Can handle a team or independent technical delivery
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical thinker and good problem-solver.
Role: Senior Front-End Engineer
Experience: 5 – 8 Years
In this role you will:
- Design and build websites, web services, and mobile applications
- Deploy new features and perform unit testing
- Work on fast-paced, agile technology teams
- Collaborate with software engineers, project managers, business analysts and QA analysts
- Conduct regular system deployments to QA and Production
- Experience working with responsive design development environments
Learn from the best: Learn from leaders who have built Comm100 from ground up. Work under other engineers who handle different layers of the infrastructure.
Work in a data-driven team: Understand the importance of validating assumptions about user behaviour. Use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where did we go wrong). Utilize data collection, enrichment, analytics, and visualizations to improve our systems.
WHO YOU ARE
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have the following skills:
Love for coding: A fanatic about writing beautiful and scalable code.
Sense of analytics: Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Should be resourceful, innovative, and inventive.
Dynamic: Should be comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces. Have exquisite attention to detail and are comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
Team player: Knack for influencing without being authoritative. Pitch in wherever the team needs help, from writing blog posts to supporting customers.
Accountability: High sense of ownership for your code and relentlessness to deliver projects with high business impact.
- Rich experience with ReactJS, Redux, React Native, or similar library/tools.
- Obsessed with WPO (Web Performance Optimization) and web/mobile performance analysis.
- Familiar with web security, SEO, accessibility, and internationalization.
- Experience with W3C standards, HTTP protocol and web browsers.
- Experience with common tools such as front-end compilation, construction, testing, etc. (Babel, Rollup, Webpack, Jasmine, etc.)
. Developing the latest user-facing features using React.js
· Designing a modern highly responsive web-based user interface
· Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
· Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
· Learn and understand user interactions
· Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
· Coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers
· As a React.js Developer, you will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
· Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
· Ability to create a reusable stateful component using React hooks
· Prior experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
· Familiarity with more current specifications of EcmaScript
· Prior experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
· Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs
· Familiarity with HTML / CSS
· GIT experience is a plus
· Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
· Familiarity with working with the siren-JSON schema for generating forms.
· Familiarity with react-hook-form
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· A knack for benchmarking and optimization
· Familiarity with code versioning tools
· jest and enzyme for red-green tdd
· understanding of feature flag
· lint and husky hooks
- Minimum one year of experience in React, Redux
- Experience with Build systems e.g. Webpack/Grunt/Gulp
- In-depth knowledge of HTML/XHTML/HTML5
- Experience with Testing frameworks e.g. Karma/Jasmine/Protractor/Cucumber/Mocha/Jest
- Experience with interface development toolkits: e.g. Less/SASS
- Experience with web service integration protocols such as REST & GraphQL
- Strong Knowledge of CSS 3
- Must be a strong team player
- Have a good understanding of design and user experience principles.
- Experience in dealing with cross-browser compatibility requirements
- Understanding of mobile development best practices (e.g. responsive design, graceful degradation, etc.)
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team and learn from colleagues
- Open-minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Good designing & color combination skills
- Experience with Git or other version control systems.