Almost a decade old, it is a venture committed to bring together a varied range of traditional crafts and techniques of dyeing, weaving, printing and hand embroidery. The founders have dedicated their life to promote Indian Block Prints and provide employment and Hand-Embroidery training to women so that numerous underprivileged women can be empowered.
As a Finance Executive, you will be responsible for handling accounts and finance of the company.
What you will do:
- Accounting Entries/Book Keeping
- Reconciliating Credit Card
- Utility Payment and its accounting
- Reconciliating Bank/Loan
- Preparing Debit Note and credit note
- Confirming with Vendor
- Coordinating with inter departments
- Branch Accounting
What you must have:
- Commerce Graduate having 6-7 Plus years of Experience
- Good in Excel
- Candidate with good working knowledge and TDS Knowledge
- Candidate from manufacturing background preferred
Should be familiar with all bookkeeping procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, you should ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and
• Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
• Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
• Prepare bank deposits
• Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
• Enter data of financial transactions in database daily
• Aid and support company personnel
• Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
• Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
• Evaluate and Develop vendors and coordinate office purchases or maintenance.
• Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests.
• Ensuring Accounting Department runs smoothly and efficiently.
• Performing basic office tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail,
Skill sets/Experience we require:
• Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
• Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
• Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting procedures and principles.
• Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information.
• High level of accuracy and efficiency.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills.
• Computer literacy and strong typing skills, experience with accounting software may be required.
• Attention to detail.
• Willingness to comply with all company, local, state, and federal financial regulations.
• Masters in Commerce
• 1-5 years
About the Role
To keep up with the exponential growth at Rupifi, we are looking for an experienced Financial Manager to join the team and work directly with senior management to set up and manage the financial functions.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager
- Understand the business, financials and overall accounts and finance functions
- Take ownership of the accounting, reporting, audit, taxation responsibilities
- Take ownership of invoicing, accounts receivables and payables
- Make business projections: P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow projections
- Track budget vs actual and conduct variance analysis.
- Be adept in and ensure timely maintenance of books of accounts, ledgers, invoicing, GST and TDS computation and filings etc
- Assist Head of Finance with, preparation of MIS, business models and investor presentations, answering queries of investors and prospective investors related to financials and numbers
- Ensure readiness and compliance for any due diligence by incoming investors
- Coordinate for financial functions with any other teams such as purchase, admin, HR, secretarial
Qualifications for Financial Manager
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Commerce, preferably with CA qualification
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in start-ups, corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, financial management, or other related fields.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel, and financial modelling
- Familiarity with accounting software such as Tally ERP
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Work with one of the fastest growing fintech startups in the country, backed by marquee investors
- Learn from an exceptional set of founders and core team, who will act as mentors and help shape your career
- Industry leading compensation with a mix of fixed and variable components
Team leader - Taxation & Accounts Payable
Position Summary :
- This position requires a Team Leader Accounts Payable & Taxation, with 4+ years of demonstrated experience maintaining accurate records and communicating efficiently with vendors.
- Should oversee tax completion, administration, and accounting. Proficient in federal, state, and local tax regulations as well as correct procedures for filing and paying these authorities.
- He will handle IRS interactions and audits helped to develop a unique ability to solve tax-related problems effectively and innovatively. Supervised accounting department's staff, ranging in size from 2-5 personnel
- Responsible for Import accounting, Branch accounting, Expense Accounting, GST, TDS.
- Guided and oversee many of the day-to-day functions of the Accounts Payable department.
- Assisted in managing and maintaining vendor master.
- Develop and respond to information requests from internal and external financial auditors and federal tax audits
- Participate in special projects and transactions (including due diligence) addressing the tax considerations and tax compliance for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other transactions
- Supervise tax staff on various compliance, research and planning projects as well as training staff through the implementation of developmental programs and/or formalised training programs
- Complete all necessary tax returns for each part of the business and ensure all quarterly and annual payments are made in a timely fashion
- Work with Govt. Departmental Liaising, vendors dealing and stores
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies :
- CWA/CA Inter/Graduate/ MBA (Commerce Stream)/ Post Graduate
- 4 to 6 Years (Post Qualification)
- Should be skilled and have a retail process and Taxation
- MIS Reporting skills
- Tally/ ERP and Advance Excel Skills
- Good communication skills in Kannada, Hindi, English & Tamil
- Mathematic skills
- Well proficient in computer skills
- Should be able to take responsibility.
- Young and dynamic personality Behavioral traits
- Physically fitness
- Attention to detail
- Preferable if the candidate is from retail industry/ E-com Industry)
- Should be well proficient in MS-Office (Excel in specific)/ and other analytics tools.
- To handle accounting including Invoice booking, Vendor Payments, GST, TDS, MIS, Bank Reconciliation and Vendor Reconciliation.
- Well versed with MS Office and Tally.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with a startup or financial institution.
- Should build a process from scratch
- hire a team when required
● Basic day to day accounting
● Hands-on experience with accounting software tally software (Experience on Zoho software will
be add on)
● Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings reports
● Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
● Compute taxes and prepare TDS & GST returns
● Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Creating and processing invoices
- Cross-checking invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy
- Managing a company's accounts payable and receivable
- Sending bills and invoices to clients
- Tracking organization expenses
- Processing refunds
- Working with collection agencies on overdue payments
- Communicating with clients regarding billing and payments
- GST returns
- TDS knowledge
- Tally Proficient
We have an opening in WNS for Pune location for Chartered accountant (Fresher) .Candidate should have cleared CA exams and should be comfortable working in US shifts.