• Popular hosts set up the talent hunts (across genres like comedy, dance, dating & fashion)
• Contestants send in their video entries, and
• Audiences ‘actively consume’ content by playing judge, predicting winners among other
modes of engagement
Expectations from the role:
• Hands-on product building- The engineering lead would need to be hands on with the
product building while mentoring the team
Given that this is pre- PMF, attention to detail and focus on user experience are important
facets of the role.
• Ability to build teams- Ability to build missionary teams would become important as we scale the team to 10 members and beyond.
• Technical leadership- Engineering excellence by building systems that scale well along with the business. Typically comes with experience in having scaled systems in the 1 to 10 phase of another startup/business.
• Strategy- Be a thought partner to the founding team on product strategy while bringing tech innovations to improve the product experience.
• Experience: 6+ years in building consumer tech products (B2C)
• Scale: Should have been part of a scaling journey at another B2C startup/business
• People mentorship: Should have formally or informally led teams of at least 3-4 members
• Startup: Any prior experience in working with or trying to build her/his own startup is a big bonus
Provide organization-wide leadership, direction, and execution strategy including taking Nova-wide engineering initiatives.
Design, experiment, and implement processes to increase the overall productivity.
Provide technical expertise and leadership wherever required throughout product life cycles, influence / evangelize best engineering practices
Liason with Product Leader and influence right product strategies
Work closely with cross-functional teams, customer success/operations leadership team, and a team of product managers
Own an engineering team of 25 plus
Take care of their career progression working with their PMs
Provide continuous feedback, training and make sure team is working on their full potential at all time to ensure your team delivers best in class products and solutions
Review the architecture/design of a product/module/feature and provide feedback
Architect, design and/or hands-on code the critical portion of a product/module/feature
Mentor the tech-leads on architecting the product to deliver on-time
Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
Building early-stage tech products
Strong tech background of working in a product Nova
Mentoring young engineering team
Identifying right engineering practices
Taking decisions on build Vs buy strategies
Take decisions related to data, infrastructure, and right tech stacks that fit Nova's roadmap and priorities
Understanding of various backend and frontend technologies and its core concepts
Ability to understand the business problems and solve them with innovative tech solutions
Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a super changing environment
Minimum 8 years of quality experience.
5 years of hands-on experience in building large-scale systems. A proven performance track record and a team player with high energy,
A good business sense and deep empathy towards user needs and able to envision solutions for a B2B SAAS product.
Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
An enthusiastic leader who has unlimited energy to influence and daring to take initiatives and risks.
Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills
We are looking for Principal Engineers, who are strong individual contributors with
expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in many areas.
Your day at nference,
• Acting as an entrepreneur - taking ownership the problem statement end-to-end
• Delivering direct value to the customer - and not just stop with delivery
• Estimate, plan, divide and conquer customer problem statements - through sturdily
developed & performant technical solutions
• Handle multiple competing priorities and ambiguity - all in a fast-paced, high growth
environment Qualities Which We Look For In The Ideal Candidate
• 6-8 years of experience in building High Performance Distributed Systems
• Proven track record in building backend systems from scratch
• Excellent coding skills (preferably any two of C/C++/Python and Go)
• Good depth in Algorithms & Data Structures
• Good understanding of OS level concepts
• Experience working on DevOps tools for deployment, monitoring etc. like Ansible, ELK
• Wide knowledge of different Technologies like Databases, Messaging Systems etc
• Experience building complex technical solutions - highly scalable service-oriented
architectures, distributed cloud-based systems - which power our products
• Be a part of “Google of biomedicine” as recognized by the Washington Post
• Work with some of the brilliant minds of the world solving exciting real-world
problems through Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, analytics and insights
through triangulating unstructured and structured information from the biomedical
literature as well as from large-scale molecular and real-world datasets.
• Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as
stock options, paid time off, healthcare insurance, gym/broadband reimbursement
● The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team and will help with strategies and execute the product roadmap.
● Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and product experiments.
● Lead a team of 15-30 Engineers, develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers.
● Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
● Ensure resource availability and allocation.
● Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, lead meetings, and set expectations for the project team.
● Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
● Conduct regular 1-1s with the team.
● Scale the technology architecture, team, and product to drive multiple growths in the next 2-3 years.
● Preferably from LAMP/MEAN, stack and good exposure with scalable and distributed systems using microservices.
● Exposure to various cloud hosting environments(Preferably AWS).
● Bachelor's degree required; masters preferred.
● You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of developing and delivering products.
● Proven working experience as a senior engineering manager in the information technology sector.
● You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
● You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers,
and designers to build them.
● You are deeply technical but prefer to lean on your leadership skills.
● You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
● You have a curiosity about how things work.
● PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus(Theoretical and practical project management knowledge).
● Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
● A minimum of 8+ IT experience in leading multi-skilled teams involving product, mobile, and web application development & Engineering.
A minimum of 8-10 years of hands-on IT experience, developing at least more than two full life-cycle project using public Cloud technologies such as SOA Suite, OCI, AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
At least 5 years of experience in Java/J2EE with Spring Boot, Spring Microservices, Angular, MongoDB & SOA Suite 12C. Willing to learn new technologies .
NodeJS/Angular/Java/J2EE web application development
Agile development concepts
REST, JSON, and distributed application development
Unit testing frameworks and approaches to coding
Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and possesses knowledge in a specific business area.
Strong written and communications skills are a must. Must be able to document, present, and articulate designs and technical decisions in front of teams and key business design makers.
Developer loves to write code, build products and see your creations used by customers around the world.
Excellent experience in XML technologies XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath and Web Services SOAP, WSDL
Knowledge in functional and technical aspects of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
Front-end frameworks (React, Angular, JS, REST)
General Cloud or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure knowledge
Oracle Integration cloud experience
The cloud migration experience is a plus
Competitive knowledge will be a plus.
Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java/Node/SOA/Mulesoft code
To develop integration solutions using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and Oracle Integration Cloud.
To Support SIT, UAT, Go-Live, Hyper care
To Support and resolve L3 level issues
Drive initial testing phase and quality assurance process.
Log their hours correctly in the System so that they can be billed to the Customers accordingly.
Deliver high-quality, fully tested, and fault-proof Customer Integration Developments, as per the Technical Mapping Specifications.
Ensure implementation of optimized, reusable (where possible) deliverables that cater to customer needs and cause the least impact to the existing Customer Integration landscape.
Extensive know-how on the relevant Customer Integration IT Products, Integration patterns, protocols, and tools.
Testing bench skills
Deployment process awareness in full Software Development Lifecycle
To deliver quality Integration Solutions on time.
To hand over the Integration Solution to support teams with quality documentation.
To provide good support as L3 Support.
To be able to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Lead, motivate, and scale a highly diverse team.
- Introduce scalable, repeatable processes that help the team deliver a high-quality product.
- Plan, build, configure, and optimize public cloud infrastructure for high performance, scalable and reliable customer exprience
- Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop world-class engineers and engineering managers.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Lead root cause analysis and collaborate with Engineering to build instrumentation into our stack to understand real-time performance characteristics
- Work closely with architects and engineers on technical decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence.
- 10+ years of progressive engineering management experience leading teams in the Agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale world-class engineering teams.
- Proven track record of leading engineering teams working on large-scale, highly-distributed Cloud products and services.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
About The Role:
You'll grow and mentor an engineering team in the Hyderabad office, responsible for developing the external platform that ties Notion to the entire ecosystem of 3rd party applications, ranging from core Notion concepts to tighter bespoke integrations. You’ll work with your team to ship key platform features to all Notion users, from individuals to large enterprises. You’ll facilitate the collaboration of the team with the Notion San Francisco / New York offices, leveraging your technical judgment, managerial experience, and command of engineering best practices to collaborate and deliver high quality, effective, and delightful software.
What You'll Achieve:
- You'll recruit, coach, and develop a diverse and inclusive team of engineers; you'll ensure your team is regularly receiving feedback and making rapid progress on personal and professional goals.
- You'll facilitate planning—the prioritization, sequencing, and staffing of work—for your team.
- You'll ensure your team builds, ships, and maintains powerful and engaging features for a global Notion user base.
- You'll collaborate closely with peers from other functions—Marketing, Partnerships, Support, and Sales, to name a few—on our overall platform strategy, ongoing maintenance and support, and rolling out features to a broad set of audiences: third-party developers, integration partners, enterprise customers, and end users.
- You'll play a key role in shaping how Notion Hyderabad’s engineering office operates —you’ll bear responsibility for continuously improving our technical practices, recruiting and onboarding strategy, planning and prioritization process, and more.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You are able to create team environments that are at once collaborative, empowering, supportive, and challenging—ones where engineers do their best work.
- You have a sufficiently deep background in product and technology that you can ask the right questions of your team, balance product, tech, and people concerns, and make hard tradeoffs.
- You are able to coordinate goals and projects that depend on a global engineering team, and drive towards a high quality bar.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change - you enjoy jumping into whatever areas need attention and learning as-you-go.
- You value empathetic and direct communication, particularly when giving and receiving feedback.
Nice to Haves:
- You have managed engineering teams at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change.
- You have experience working on public-facing APIs, app ecosystems, and developer-facing products.
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we're big fans of their work.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Technical Architect/Technical Head/Technical Lead
BE/MCA/ B.TECH/Post graduation preferred
10+ years of experience
CTC - 20 LPA.
Technical lead will be responsible for technology development delivery and maintenance of small to medium size projects(end to end). Must have good technical and communication skills to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have Managed the team of 6-10
- Good understanding of industry specific framework
- Need good design/Architecture design experience
- To build and maintain financial tech products
- Customer interaction
- Exposure to SDLC
- Project status reporting
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- My SQL
- J Query
- Apache Tomcat
- Rest web services
- Design patterns
- You will help hire, train, mentor and lead a team of highly capable engineers. You will also help in the development of the company's scalable microservices platform and geospatially-aware applications across multiple industries and form-factors.
- In this role, you must be able to multitask, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems.
- You take pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of your team. You must also have the ability to take a system-wide understanding, recognize the use of system components and disparate technologies and be able to diagnose and debug components across an entire system.
- Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is key, as is being a self-starter.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Build, train, mentor and lead a cross-functional agile team
- Help design, architect and develop advanced software solutions supporting multiple projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition, development of functional specifications, and design
- Collaborate on or lead the development of technical design and specifications as required
- Establish and lead best practices in software engineering
- Mentor and grow new employees on your team
Skills & Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years as an engineering lead or manager
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization
- Experience with a microservices architecture
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other Relational Databases
- Test-driven development mindset and a focus on quality, scalability and performance
- Strong programming fundamentals and ability to produce high-quality code
Managing Engineering team members , inclusive of Development and Quality Assurance teams
and driving new features and functionality to the Interactions Artificial Intelligence Platform
Technically hands on and contributing to the creation of a massively scalable, highly available
SaaS/ PaaS platforms
Be a technical team lead, in addition to people manager, managing and ensuring success of
Provide a clear vision for the team to act on and ensure team members are performing at the
needed level to successfully execute goals.
Effectively manage multiple projects, timelines and initiatives at the same time.
Experience working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle – ranging from
architecture and design to implementation and testing.
Troubleshooting and fixing issues
Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicating within
and outside the team
Bring new technical ideas to fruition by prototyping new ideas and transforming research Proof
of Concepts into production ready software
Responsible for hiring and managing a talented team to design, build and ship next generation
Ability to travel – upwards of 20%
Required Skills & Experience:
10+ years of engineering experience working on systems/algorithm-level programming in
Experience with SQL and/or NOSQL databases
Experience working on products based on a distributed architecture deployed in multiple geo-
redundant CoLo/Cloud data centres.
3+ years of experience managing, growing and building Dev and QA teams.
Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving agile environment.
Leading strong technical teams with a maniacal focus on reliability and scalability
Hands-on manager who can also contribute in code
Knowledge of Linux operating system fundamentals
Experience working with the agile development methodology
Experience working in a fast paced environment
Experience building complex backend products like Speech Recognition Engines, Databases, etc.
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification
Desired Skils (Good to have):
Prior experience with NLP/voice technologies.
Prior experience with AI and machine learning technologies just as tensorflow, pytorch, and
Experience building real-time conversational systems leveraging SIP, webRTC, websockets, or
Experience with profiling and troubleshooting large scale, concurrent and multi-threaded JVM
based languages (Java)
Experience with asynchronous, event driven architectures
This role will manage a group of developers as well as QA Engineers
Share resume to riya cielhr