What is the role?
Expected to manage the product plan, engineering, and delivery of Plum Integration activities. Plum is a rewarding and incentive infrastructure for businesses. It's a unified integrated suite of products to handle various rewarding use cases for consumers, sales, channel partners, and employees. 31% of the total tech team is aligned towards this product and comprises 32 members within Plum Tech, Quality, Design, and Product management. The annual FY 2019-20 revenue for Plum was $ 40MN and is showing high growth potential this year as well. The product has a good mix of both domestic and international clientele and is expanding. The role will be based out of our head office in Bangalore, Karnataka however we are open to discuss the option of remote working with 25 - 50% travel.
- Scope and lead technology with the right product and business metrics.
- Directly contribute to product development by writing code if required.
- Architect systems for scale and stability.
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across disciplines like sales, customers, product, design, and customer success.
- Code reviews and feedback.
- Build simple solutions and designs over complex ones and have a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable.
- Define a process for maintaining a healthy engineering culture (Cadence for one-on-ones, meeting structures, HLDs, Best Practices In development, etc.).
What are we looking for?
- Manage a senior tech team of more than 5 direct and 10 indirect developers.
- Should have experience in handling e-commerce applications at scale.
- Should have experience working with applications like HubSpot salesforce and other CRM.
- Should have experience in B2B integrations.
- Should have at least 10+ years of experience in software development, agile processes for international e-commerce businesses.
- Should be extremely hands-on, with an Automate as much as possible mind set full-stack developer.
- Should exhibit skills to build a good engineering team and culture.
- Should be able to handle the chaos with product planning, prioritizing, customer-first approach.
- Technical proficiency
- Frameworks like React, React Native, Node.js, GraphQL
- Databases technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka
- Dev ops to manage and architect infra - AWS, CI/CD (Jenkins)
- System Architecture w.r.t Microservices, Cloud Development, DB Administration, Data Modeling
- Understanding of security principles and possible attacks and mitigate them.
Whom will you work with?
You will lead the Plum Integration Engineering team and work in close conjunction with the Tech leads of Plum with some cross-functional stake with other products. Your will report to the CTO directly.
What can you look for?
Cryptocurrency Traders are looking for a strong global platform that can help them trade faster, better and smarter. We are building a platform that can solve their needs. The opportunity is big, and the journey is tough. Now that’s a challenge that needs to be addressed. You are phenomenal in solving these complex challenges. You handle product deliveries and you play a critical role in building the engineering team. As an Engineering Manager, you do all of the above and more. You make a difference.
Making a difference by,
- Managing end to end product development and delivery
Owning the technical architecture and leading the engineering decisions for the product
- Collaborating with designers, developers, growth managers, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Leading a team of engineers, mentoring them and motivating them to solve complex problem. Sharing timely feedback with the team members
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in one or more product domains
Should have demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- 8 - 10 years of overall experience including 3+ years in mentoring & leading a high-performance team
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Have a strong understanding and appreciation for design first thinking and quality of user experience
- Be well-versed in sprint estimation, planning, tracking, change management and delivery, with prior experience of Agile-based development environments
- Knowledge of UI optimisations and performance.
- Deeper understanding of Chrome Dev Tools. Should understand the nuances of the timeline for perf monitoring.
- Deeper understanding of network layer, HTTP, HTTPS, cookies, local storage.
- Good communication skills, good visual design sense, in-depth experience in developing web-based applications.
- Strong technical aptitude and a good knowledge of CSS fundamentals
Vision : Bikayi helps small to medium sized businesses go online and scale their businesses. Bikayi merchants are selling various things from groceries to apparels and electronic items.
Scale : We are very close to grossing a GMV of 1B dollars on an annual basis. Probably one of your neighbourhood shops is using Bikayi to sell online.
Fuel : Monetizing the product from early days we have a solid business model and our revenue numbers are growing at a healthy pace. Apart from this we are funded by top investors in the world like Sequoia capital and Ycombinator.
People : We have a culture which gives you a lot of challenges to solve and at the same time get high rewards.
- Work towards Improving the architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Setup Architecture and Design guidelines for the platforms for multi-country roll-outs
- Develop and Define Architecture Standards
- Develop and Define Application Architecture Standards
- Own your product : You will be responsible for the success / failure of your team and the product. You will need to work with cross functional teams, understand their requirements and make sure that everybody is on the same page.
- Development of your team : Making sure that engineers under you are growing in their careers and getting better are software development everyday.
- Design & Architecture : You need to have technical expertise in the company's tech stack and in general the frontend or backend infrastructures, have ability to guide the developers in case there are any blockers.
- Past experience of working for tier 1 / vc funded companies.
- Past experience of handling a team of at least 5+ developers.
- Continuous past experience of delivering products at a steady pace.
- Knowledge in Node JS
- Hands-on in Webpack, ES6, Typescript
- Strong working experience in Single Page, Building micro frontend apps, Progressive Web Apps, Server-Side Rendering using React.js
- Hands-on experience in the React ecosystem like Redux, React Router etc.
- Experience in Team Management.
- Lead technical design discussions and review design to make sure design is aligned with Architecture.
- Setup and maintain standard developer guidelines for the development team
- Hands-on experience with automated test frameworks like Jasmine, Jest, Mocha, enzyme etc. And experience in promoting the values of unit tests, integration tests, and CI/CD automation
- Hands-on experience in maintaining Web Vitals
Years of Experience – 2-3 years
Location – Flexible (Pune/Jaipur Preferred), India
At Clarista.io, we are driven to create a connected data world for enterprises, empowering their employees with the information they need to compete in the digital economy. Information is power, but only if it can be harnessed by people.
Clarista turns current enterprise data silos into a ‘Live Data Network’, easy to use, always available, with flexibility to create any analytics with controls to ensure quality and security of the information
Clarista is designed with business teams in mind, hence ensuring performance with large datasets and a superior user experience are critical to the success of the product
What You'll Do
You will be part of our data platform & data engineering team. As part of this agile team, you will work in our cloud native environment and perform following activities to support core product development and client specific projects:
• You will develop the core engineering frameworks for an advanced self-service data analytics product.
• You will work with multiple types of data storage technologies such as relational, blobs, key-value stores, document databases and streaming data sources.
• You will work with latest technologies for data federation with MPP (Massive Parallel Processing) capabilities
• Your work will entail backend architecture to enable product capabilities, data modeling, data queries for UI functionality, data processing for client specific needs and API development for both back-end and front-end data interfaces.
• You will build real-time monitoring dashboards and alerting systems.
• You will integrate our product with other data products through APIs
• You will partner with other team members in understanding the functional / nonfunctional\ business requirements, and translate them into software development tasks
• You will follow the software development best practices in ensuring that the code architecture and quality of code written by you is of high standard, as expected from an enterprise software
• You will be a proactive contributor to team and project discussions
Who you are
• Strong education track record - Bachelors or an advanced degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline from Indian Institute of Technology or equivalent premium institute.
• 2-3 years of experience in Big Data and Data Engineering.
• Strong knowledge of advanced SQL, data federation and distributed architectures
• Excellent Python programming skills. Familiarity with Scala and Java are highly preferred
• Strong knowledge and experience in modern and distributed data stack
components such as the Spark, Hive, airflow, Kubernetes, docker etc.
• Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Azure) and native cloud technologies for data storage and data processing
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Blobs, MongoDB etc.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Dataflow, Dataproc etc.
• Experience with Big Data processing and performance optimization
• Should know how to write modular and optimized code.
• Should have good knowledge around error handling.
• Fair understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility issues.
• Experience versioning control systems such as GIT
• Strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Self-starter, continuous learner.
Good to have some exposure to
• Start-up experience is highly preferred
• Exposure to any Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Tableau, Dundas, Power BI etc.
• Agile software development methodologies.
• Working in multi-functional, multi-location teams
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
• Be an integral part of the founding team. You will work directly with the founder
• Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
• Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
• Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
• Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
• Business knowledge of multiple sectors
We are looking for a bright and exceptional Engineering Lead to join one of our Fortune 500 clients in the Fintech industry for the locations - Bangalore / Gurgaon / Hyderabad based Technology team. The role involves building complex next generation product used by the clients and architecting solutions to support new technical and business initiatives.
- Active participation in design, development, delivery, and maintenance of software projects/products.
- Help the team translate the business requirements into R& D tasks.
- Work with product groups to outline project deliverables and help manage the roadmap of the R& D tasks.
- Act as a point of contact for managing and driving production defects & stability improvements to resolution.
- Tailor processes to help manage time-sensitive issues and bring them to appropriate closure.
- Engage and lead a team of highly talented technologists.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 6-9 years of experience, Fintech domain is a plus.
- Demonstrated contribution to end-to-end delivery of enterprise-grade software.
- Proficiency in Java or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and SOA.
- Hands-on experience in enterprise application development, coupled with knowledge of frameworks & tools like/equivalent to spring, mybatis, git, gradle
- Experience in at least one shell scripting language, SQL, and data modeling skills.
- Experience in cloud technologies is a plus.
- Strong technology acumen, knowledge of software engineering process, design knowledge and architecture intelligence.
- Attention to detail and quality, and the ability to work well in and across teams.
- Ability to advocate & influence multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to learn new domains and deliver output.
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ideal candidate should have strong problem solving and analytical skills as well as a demonstrated passion for technology.
- Excellent reasoning ability and good interpersonal and communication skills are essential for this role as it involves interaction with business users.
Ours is a scalable microservices platform and geospatially-aware applications across multiple industries and form-factors. In this role, you must be able to multitask, quickly
adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable
code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems. You take
pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of your team. You must also have the ability to take a system-wide understanding, recognize use of system
components and disparate technologies and be able to diagnose and debug components
across an entire system. Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is key, as is being a self-starter.
● Build, train, mentor and lead a cross-functional agile team
● Help design, architect and develop advanced software solutions supporting multiple
projects and initiatives in a dynamic agile environment
● Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition,
development of functional specifications, and design
● Wok in close collaboration with Scrum masters, Technical Product Manager and
Stakeholders within the team and function to co-own the deliverables
● Collaborate on or lead development of technical design and specifications as required
● Establish and lead best practices in software engineering
● Mentor and grow new employees on your team
● End to end feature development with a team size of 8-10 Dev & QA engineers across
● Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related field
● 10+ years of software development experience using both Frontend and Backend
technologies like - React.js/Angular.js, along with GoLang/Java/Python, or another object-oriented programming language
● 3+ years as an engineering lead or manager
● Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization (Docker/EKS) and Microservices
● Experience with SAFe Agile is preferred
Note: Role is full stack with more inclination to backend side.
Domains: Consumer, planning, Supply Chain, Logistics
Your experience would have to completely be in product based companies and startups, and NOT service companies. Salaries are flexible.
- Experience with object-oriented design and languages
- Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
- Experience architecting systems on AWS platform a strong plus
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Develop and execute a long-term product roadmap and architecture while balancing short term commitments
- Handling the entire SDLC.
- Own the architecture SCOT product platforms to drive business results.
- Be a visible leader to drive and own the architecture and design of some of the most advanced & complex software systems / products in the industry to create company wide impact
- Be an operational and technical leader with a passion for distributed systems, cloud service development, deployment and delivery. Accountable for solutioning, design, architecture, for the ease of evolution, quality of the systems, performance, scalability, availability characteristics, NFRs and limitations of the systems. Should be willing to be hands-on and spend time actively developing parts of the systems.
- Envision and develop the long-term architectural direction, with emphasis on platforms/ reusable components while adopting a nimble delivery process.
- Establish structures and processes that ensure a high level of quality and reliability and extensibility of deliverables .
- Drive the creation of next generation extensible web, mobile and fashion commerce platforms, security protocols, customisation and tools to support continuous scaling, internationalisation and platform extensions.
- Drives code and design reviews of components / systems / products in scope and drives the architectural governance for them
- Set directional paths for the department for adoption of new technology stacks for solving business problems
- Work with product management, business stakeholders and other engineering leaders to help define mid-term, long-term roadmaps and shape business directions
- Initiate and deliver leadership training within the engineering organisation and drive the growth of leaders to create a strong leadership bench.
- Follow coding standards, unit-testing, code reviews etc.
- Follow release cycles and commitment to deadlines.
- Lead by example through innovation.
- Build and nurture a team of software developers
- Shape team goals by developing a deep understanding of our business processes and success criteria
- Develop and execute a long-term architecture while balancing short term commitments
- Work closely with the team to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems
- Effectively partner with engineering and non-engineering groups across the organization to deliver on own goals
- Work closely to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems.
- Take the accountability of the overall health of the products you build, and predictability of the deliverables
- Effectively partner with engineering, product and business stakeholders across the organization to co-define and deliver on goals.
- Strong object oriented concepts. Experience in structure object oriented modelling with preferred expertise in using tools like Enterprise Architect or similar. Experience in working with TOGAF standards is preferred.
- Experience in architecting the technical scale and scope of high volume, scalable enterprise software solutions including logical and physical landscape requirements with specific attention to design, development, and deployment strategies
- Capability to adapt, learn and work with multiple technology platforms.
- Knowledge in Application Security including Information security principles & realization, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance ( Security Design & Technology Skills )
- In depth knowledge and experience in large scale database management, data modelling and database design in RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Experience in recommending and implementing DevOps tools for enterprise projects.
- Capability to evaluate tools, technologies and processes, including assessing their strategic benefit in the solution.
- Willingness to work hands-on with engineers to review, troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently.
- Expertise in following technologies – ASP.Net MVC, Web API, ASP.Net Core, Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core, ASP.Net Identity, REST
- Experience in implementing various application deployment models and monitoring the server infrastructure using industry standard tools.
- Experience in docker based deployment models.
- Experience in architecting, developing and deploying cloud based (One or more among AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) enterprise solutions.
- Experience in designing and developing micro-services based applications.
- Experience in designing and developing solutions with TDD (Test Driven Development)