As an Engineering Manager, you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on OYO's vision. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Product Managers and SDEs across the company. You will design, build and own various features and programs that will delight our customers.
● Responsible for the overall software development lifecycle and manage complex projects with significant business impact
● Work with the CTO , PM and Business to develop a long-term product plan and manage the release planning cycles for your products
● Instill best practices for software development, ensure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on schedule
● Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
● Ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, translate them into technical solutions, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines
● Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
● Career management and development of direct reports
● A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline
● 5+ years of Software Development experience
● 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
● Deep hands-on technical experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
● Track record of data-driven decisions.
● Ability to prioritize competing features and requirements
● Experience in building and running distributed systems for always-up services at a large scale
● Ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to pick and use the best technology for the problem statement
● Experience with full software lifecycle methodology, including; coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
● Ability to identify, empathize with and delight the customer
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Cultural Traits common to all OYO Leaders:
● Dealing with Ambiguity and Adaptability – we are a large, but fast-growing company today with not enough existing process or rules of engagements; and environment changes rapidly due to new businesses, geographies and strategic partnerships etc. You need to be able to create organization out of chaos, operate in an environment with minimal structure and adapt to change quickly while maintaining high velocity
● Ownership – anything between you and your job is also your job
● Bias for Action – speed matters a lot, so does quality. Ideal leader will be pragmatic, action-oriented and know the right balance between competing priorities
● Hunger to change the world – you need to be ambitious and willing to do more. If you believe you have already achieved your best and primarily looking to impart that vast knowledge, we aren’t the right place for you
About OYO Rooms
Provide organization-wide leadership, direction, and execution strategy including taking Nova-wide engineering initiatives.
Design, experiment, and implement processes to increase the overall productivity.
Provide technical expertise and leadership wherever required throughout product life cycles, influence / evangelize best engineering practices
Liason with Product Leader and influence right product strategies
Work closely with cross-functional teams, customer success/operations leadership team, and a team of product managers
Own an engineering team of 25 plus
Take care of their career progression working with their PMs
Provide continuous feedback, training and make sure team is working on their full potential at all time to ensure your team delivers best in class products and solutions
Review the architecture/design of a product/module/feature and provide feedback
Architect, design and/or hands-on code the critical portion of a product/module/feature
Mentor the tech-leads on architecting the product to deliver on-time
Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
Building early-stage tech products
Strong tech background of working in a product Nova
Mentoring young engineering team
Identifying right engineering practices
Taking decisions on build Vs buy strategies
Take decisions related to data, infrastructure, and right tech stacks that fit Nova's roadmap and priorities
Understanding of various backend and frontend technologies and its core concepts
Ability to understand the business problems and solve them with innovative tech solutions
Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a super changing environment
Minimum 8 years of quality experience.
5 years of hands-on experience in building large-scale systems. A proven performance track record and a team player with high energy,
A good business sense and deep empathy towards user needs and able to envision solutions for a B2B SAAS product.
Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
An enthusiastic leader who has unlimited energy to influence and daring to take initiatives and risks.
Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills
Ula is reimagining how retail in emerging markets should work in the smartphone era. We’ve witnessed the rise of B2C e-commerce over the last decade in both India and Indonesia. But the small retailer, the heart and soul of retail, has been left largely underserved by e-commerce even though they’re spending hours every day on their smartphones. Ula provides a simple front-end app, powered by sophisticated back-end systems that determine everything from pricing to inventory to intelligent salesforce route planning. We are building many first of their kind technologies in the world and need your help in building the right systems.
Ula is an under-the-radar, early-stage technology start-up headquartered in Singapore, with offices in Bangalore and Jakarta though we are quite flexible in terms of where our colleagues choose to work from. We are funded by Tier-1 Venture Capital — Sequoia Capital India, Lightspeed India, Quona Capital and B-Capital Group. It is also backed by prominent industry angels such as the founders of Udaan, Rahul Mehta of DST Capital and other established Indonesian angels.
We are a culturally diverse company with 38% women and 7 nationalities. We believe that the best minds are required to solve tough problems irrespective of where they come from.
For more details, see https://landing.ula.app/en/
You are driven to solve tough problems with technology. Let’s take pricing for example. Imagine a world where each product in e-commerce were to be priced differently for each customer based on where they are located, how much they buy or where they prepay or pay-later. This leads to a massive optimization problem because pricing too low incurs opportunity cost while pricing too high means a competitor takes that business. This is just one example of how B2B and B2C e-commerce are different and why B2B offers the opportunity to innovate. Now couple this with routing for a sales agent. How should pricing work with a sales-person’s CRM app? Depending on how far you take it, it is a massive machine learning problem.
If you’re passionate about technology and its applications to business problems, you’re curious and imagine what a new world can look like, love working with global colleagues on global problems and don’t mind taking risks that move the needle and treat failure merely as an opportunity to improve and iterate, you’d be a good fit at Ula.
We are very ownership driven at Ula. We also believe in proactive mentorship. It’s an opportunity to learn and to mentor. Below is what we expect from you.
This is a profile for candidates already committed to the engineering leadership path by having already taken on a managerial route. In this role, hands-on technical contributions are welcomed, but not expected. This is a role with an expectation of multiple small teams in a related scope such as Customer Experience or Supply Chain Logistics. A technical background is still necessary to guide/lead/drive technical initiatives.
- Work directly with Engineering and DevOps functions to ensure system reliability, availability and scalability
- Work alongside Product and Design leaders to craft innovative solutions to solve real customer pain points
- Own and prioritize the delivery of capabilities to balance execution velocity, quality and business impact of the teams under management
- Ensure organizational resiliency through proper organizational design, retention and hiring
- Continuously champion, refine and optimize high quality software engineering practices - from planning, implementation, test automation, documentation, code reviews, scaling, performance, metrics, logging, and monitoring - essentially the entire software development lifecycle
- Understand business requirements and translate them into incremental deliverables to directly impact the business and our customers.
- Lead agile teams with ~20 cross-discipline engineers which includes backend, mobile, UI and test engineers.
- Grow yourself and your team - mentorship enables everyone to learn and improve
- You are passionate about solving customer problems
- Have 5+ years of software development experience in the software engineering team with a product company. With a minimum of 2+ years of experience leading one or more teams.
- Ability and eagerness to manage people.
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases (non-relational databases is a plus)
- Familiarity with agile software development processes for building distributed systems, Android applications, and/or e-commerce platforms
- Experience in building systems iteratively that always provide value to customers on each iteration.
- Self-driven to tackle challenges head-on and achieve goals
- Excel at working in dynamic, and fast-paced environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Curiosity and capacity to learn and ability to switch context.
- Along with backend, worked in Mobile and frontend technologies as well.
- Excellent coding skills in a language such as Java OR NodeJS
- Experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL & with non-relational databases such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience in working with distributed caching (memcached, Redis, or comparable technology).
- Experience with agile software development processes for building highly available and scalable distributed systems and/or e-commerce platforms.
- Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to meet technical and business challenges
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Good experience of AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Lambda, API Gateway, ECR, ECS etc.
• Manage new feature releases while keeping the quality bar high in term of engineering practices
• Manage, Mentor and coach a team of 5-10 frontend engineers while being a hands-on engineer yourself
• Understand current set of the product's UI components and work on extending the same and build more reusable components
• Define & document coding standards & best practices
• Improve processes and technology continuously by showing the team better ways of doing things and help improve skills in the team
• Optimize solution for performance and scalability
• Dive deep into the usage of coding patterns and contribute in curating a library of reusable components that can be used to build more complex and unified Interfaces
• Estimate, Plan, Track and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Write test cases and document UI components
• Ensure code quality by reviewing team members code and mentor others in the frontend team
• Interface with the Design Backend and DevOps teams
• 8+ years of product development experience with expertise in designing and implementing high-performing web applications
• 3+ of experience in leading a team of junior and senior React engineers
• Strong knowledge in React, ES6, TypeScript and HTML/CSS3
• Experience in building React applications using Redux, Flux, webpack, NPM, create-react-app
• Deep understanding of Frontend Performance Optimization aspects - with respect to resource loading strategy, CPU/Memory profiling on the browser
• Experience in testing libraries such as Jest, Enzyme or Mocha
• Experience in building analytics UI using D3, HighCharts, amChart libraries
• Experience in building Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
• Knowledge on Node server, Socket connections and mechanisms to handle real-time async data
• Good knowledge in content serving technologies like HTTP, CDN, proxies and caching
A minimum of 8-10 years of hands-on IT experience, developing at least more than two full life-cycle project using public Cloud technologies such as SOA Suite, OCI, AWS, GCP, Azure etc.
At least 5 years of experience in Java/J2EE with Spring Boot, Spring Microservices, Angular, MongoDB & SOA Suite 12C. Willing to learn new technologies .
NodeJS/Angular/Java/J2EE web application development
Agile development concepts
REST, JSON, and distributed application development
Unit testing frameworks and approaches to coding
Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and possesses knowledge in a specific business area.
Strong written and communications skills are a must. Must be able to document, present, and articulate designs and technical decisions in front of teams and key business design makers.
Developer loves to write code, build products and see your creations used by customers around the world.
Excellent experience in XML technologies XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath and Web Services SOAP, WSDL
Knowledge in functional and technical aspects of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
Front-end frameworks (React, Angular, JS, REST)
General Cloud or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure knowledge
Oracle Integration cloud experience
The cloud migration experience is a plus
Competitive knowledge will be a plus.
Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java/Node/SOA/Mulesoft code
To develop integration solutions using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and Oracle Integration Cloud.
To Support SIT, UAT, Go-Live, Hyper care
To Support and resolve L3 level issues
Drive initial testing phase and quality assurance process.
Log their hours correctly in the System so that they can be billed to the Customers accordingly.
Deliver high-quality, fully tested, and fault-proof Customer Integration Developments, as per the Technical Mapping Specifications.
Ensure implementation of optimized, reusable (where possible) deliverables that cater to customer needs and cause the least impact to the existing Customer Integration landscape.
Extensive know-how on the relevant Customer Integration IT Products, Integration patterns, protocols, and tools.
Testing bench skills
Deployment process awareness in full Software Development Lifecycle
To deliver quality Integration Solutions on time.
To hand over the Integration Solution to support teams with quality documentation.
To provide good support as L3 Support.
To be able to handle multiple projects at a time.
About The Role:
You'll grow and mentor an engineering team in the Hyderabad office, responsible for developing the external platform that ties Notion to the entire ecosystem of 3rd party applications, ranging from core Notion concepts to tighter bespoke integrations. You’ll work with your team to ship key platform features to all Notion users, from individuals to large enterprises. You’ll facilitate the collaboration of the team with the Notion San Francisco / New York offices, leveraging your technical judgment, managerial experience, and command of engineering best practices to collaborate and deliver high quality, effective, and delightful software.
What You'll Achieve:
- You'll recruit, coach, and develop a diverse and inclusive team of engineers; you'll ensure your team is regularly receiving feedback and making rapid progress on personal and professional goals.
- You'll facilitate planning—the prioritization, sequencing, and staffing of work—for your team.
- You'll ensure your team builds, ships, and maintains powerful and engaging features for a global Notion user base.
- You'll collaborate closely with peers from other functions—Marketing, Partnerships, Support, and Sales, to name a few—on our overall platform strategy, ongoing maintenance and support, and rolling out features to a broad set of audiences: third-party developers, integration partners, enterprise customers, and end users.
- You'll play a key role in shaping how Notion Hyderabad’s engineering office operates —you’ll bear responsibility for continuously improving our technical practices, recruiting and onboarding strategy, planning and prioritization process, and more.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You are able to create team environments that are at once collaborative, empowering, supportive, and challenging—ones where engineers do their best work.
- You have a sufficiently deep background in product and technology that you can ask the right questions of your team, balance product, tech, and people concerns, and make hard tradeoffs.
- You are able to coordinate goals and projects that depend on a global engineering team, and drive towards a high quality bar.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change - you enjoy jumping into whatever areas need attention and learning as-you-go.
- You value empathetic and direct communication, particularly when giving and receiving feedback.
Nice to Haves:
- You have managed engineering teams at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change.
- You have experience working on public-facing APIs, app ecosystems, and developer-facing products.
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we're big fans of their work.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
The role is a unique opportunity to be a part of the founding team of KAFQA. The responsibilities of the role are per the below:
- Product Development: Partner with the founder & product team to create a product roadmap. Play a key role in influencing customer journey, experience & specs (requirements) with UX designer. Develop front end & back end systems and product.
- Project Management: Ensure product development roadmap timelines are achieved in a timely way with the right quality with progress being reported daily.
- Technology Excellence: Ensure that products have best in class performance on technology driven aspects (load times, latencies, uptimes, etc.).
- Hiring & Developing: Hire junior engineers, divide project workloads & mentor them to continuously improve.
- Continuous Improvement: Establish intake mechanism to convert user feedback into actionable upgrades in product design, track feature improvements & their progress and create rapid improvement cycles.
The role is based in Bangalore, India and reports directly to the Founder, CEO of KAFQA.
Experience, Qualifications & Person Type
The ideal candidate is someone who –
- Has 4+ years of experience in a digital product company
- Should have managed teams before & can attract talent
- Has experience in front end & back end technologies across web & app development
- Has studied computer science or engineering with at least a B.Tech or B.E degree
- Preferably is skilled in at least one performing art or is a hobbyist
- Is willing to fulfil all responsibilities above & go beyond as needed
- Moves fast to launch & fix issues
- Is a self-starter, operates with autonomy & can deal with ambiguity while being innovative & frugal
Technical Architect/Technical Head/Technical Lead
BE/MCA/ B.TECH/Post graduation preferred
10+ years of experience
CTC - 20 LPA.
Technical lead will be responsible for technology development delivery and maintenance of small to medium size projects(end to end). Must have good technical and communication skills to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have Managed the team of 6-10
- Good understanding of industry specific framework
- Need good design/Architecture design experience
- To build and maintain financial tech products
- Customer interaction
- Exposure to SDLC
- Project status reporting
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- My SQL
- J Query
- Apache Tomcat
- Rest web services
- Design patterns
- Your responsibilities will be to manage, design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems to serve product requirements, working closely with other engineers to build new features in a scalable manner.
- You will own services across the stack and be responsible for code quality, uptime and performance.
- As a company, we are very data driven and customer focused.
- As an engineering team we are driven by metrics and care deeply about agility without compromising on the quality of our output.
- We are working towards creating an environment where individuals feel empowered to take ownership and initiative.
- You have a minimum 2 years of experience managing a team and working on production systems at a product company with decent scale
- You have been part of projects where new subsystems were built to serve product requirements.
- You have strong knowledge of software development fundamentals, including relevant background in computer science fundamentals and agile development methodologies.
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- You practice test driven development
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator.
- You know that startups are a team sport.
- You listen to others, aren't afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company.
- If you like to tinker and have hobby projects, send us links to your blog, github etc!
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
- You are their default mentor.
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- You work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment.
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organisations.
- Excellent leadership skills to mentor the engineers under you.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems.
- Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- Superior project management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience of delivering high quality projects on time.
- Above 8 years of experience with technology depth as well as good people skills.
- A BE/BTech in Computer Science or some equivalent academic stance.
- Have spent 2+ years at a start-up or worked in a small and reasonably independent team/dev center.
- Able to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly, and provide longer term vision and motivation.
- Great people skills to closely work with other teams.
- Product Management, Business Development, and Operations, all need your expertise to ensure superior solutions match our scale of operations.
- Very high technical competence, strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments.
- Ability to play the role of the architect for the team.
- Engineering Management, Python, Distributed Systems, Architecture, Data Structures
Desired Skills and Experience
Manage development of highly scalable ecommerce application and platform
Manage release planning and execution, deployment, DevOPs and production
Provide technology thought leadership
Build and mentor high performance teams
Experience / Skills Required:
B.Tech in Computer Science/MCA with 7+ years of progressive industry experience
3+ years of technical management experience
Must be passionate about building “world class software”
Strong experience in building high performance teams – hiring, mentoring and retaining top talent
Strong experience with web and mobile technologies
Strong experience in building highly scalable systems
Strong experience with leveraging OpenSource tools and platforms
Strong experience with RDBMS and NoSQL systems
Prior to being in technical management role – must have had strong development background and
architected scalable server systems
Must have experience with agile planning and delivering short release cycles (bi-weekly releases)
Experience with BigData technologies a great plus
Experience with DevOPs tools and technology a great plus
Experience with AWS cloud a great plus
Experience in building ecommerce or SaaS products a great plus
Experience in software product companies and startups a great plus
Experience with managing user interface design/development a great plus
Experience with LAMP, Python a great plus
Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem
Must be able to thrive in fast paced environment