- You will help hire, train, mentor and lead a team of highly capable engineers. You will also help in the development of the company's scalable microservices platform and geospatially-aware applications across multiple industries and form-factors.
- In this role, you must be able to multitask, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems.
- You take pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of your team. You must also have the ability to take a system-wide understanding, recognize the use of system components and disparate technologies and be able to diagnose and debug components across an entire system.
- Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is key, as is being a self-starter.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Build, train, mentor and lead a cross-functional agile team
- Help design, architect and develop advanced software solutions supporting multiple projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition, development of functional specifications, and design
- Collaborate on or lead the development of technical design and specifications as required
- Establish and lead best practices in software engineering
- Mentor and grow new employees on your team
Skills & Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years as an engineering lead or manager
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS) and containerization
- Experience with a microservices architecture
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other Relational Databases
- Test-driven development mindset and a focus on quality, scalability and performance
- Strong programming fundamentals and ability to produce high-quality code
Since our inception in 2015, we have been on a mission to empower teachers with technology and products to create an engaging classroom experience for students. Our goal is to become the preferred Operating System for teachers across the world, to create engaging and meaningful content to motivate every learner.
Over the last 7 years, our team has been working closely with our teachers to build, scale and hone the product. We have been fortunate to have millions of teachers and students, high quality investors and team members join us on our journey so far. We are now excited to scale our products and organization to the next level and are looking to welcome new team members to join us to solve challenging and fun problems. We would love for Quizizz to be the next beautiful chapter of your stories.
About the role
75m teachers and students use Quizizz on a monthly basis. They have trusted us in their classrooms to run fast, fun and reliable experiences for assessments and quizzes. We want to build on that trust and continue to delight our students and teachers with products and platforms that can be used in multiple situations (lessons, simulations, etc.,) and become the preferred OS for teachers in classrooms.
This is where you come in – You are one of the first managers not only managing team(s) of engineers but also working closely with founders and senior leaders to shape the culture of the engineering organization for many years to come.
You care deeply about your team, invest in their personal growth and support them in maximizing their impact to the business. While you will not be expected to spend time coding, you will be expected to evaluate and raise the technical bar for the team with engineering, code and design reviews. You will lead by example, not authority.
What you should expect to accomplish
- Learn about the domain, develop a sense for defining the future direction of our product.
- Plan, prioritize and deliver platforms and products at a predictable cadence.
- Work closely with others to shape the platforms, operating, recruiting and onboarding strategies.
- Maintain a high quality bar for yourself and your team.
- Recruit, coach and develop engineers and managers. Give regular feedback, so people can grow personally and professionally.
- Technical: You enjoy solving people and organizational challenges, but gravitate towards technical challenges, keep up with industry trends, and understand our architecture and how it needs to evolve inside and out. You are able to influence design reviews, incident postmortems, and our technical direction not through your position, but through the credibility that your technical expertise brings.
- Startup mentality: You are comfortable navigating the fast moving, unstructured nature of a startup. You are self-motivated to add value and bias towards action. You understand the importance of setting the engineering quality bar for the long term success of our business, but are able to make difficult prioritizations.
- Excellent Communicator: You are able to simplify communication not only for your teams, but for cross functional teams and candidates. You are able to effectively communicate our vision and direction and inspire others.
- Deliver Results: You have experience managing engineering teams with a record of shipping in a fast-paced environment, or you have multiple years of experience as a technical lead, with exposure to prioritization, cross-team collaboration, and engineer mentorship.
What we value
- You have managed engineering teams at startups before, particularly during periods of rapid growth and organizational change.
- You've experienced the challenges of scaling and re-architecting platforms through multiple orders of growth.
- You have experience cultivating engineering practices and processes — ex: code reviews, on-call, interviewing.
Indian MSMEs to take their business online and realize their true potential.
● We want every local entrepreneur to easily start selling online with technology
being an enabler, not a barrier.
● Already adopted by 30 lakh+ merchants.
● Our client has the potential to disrupt commerce in India and has recently raised a
$11M Series A round from Sequoia Capital
● Company perks include free front row tickets to The Chainsmokers concerts in
● Work in a cross functional domain, gather requirements from different
● Provide constructive feedback and help solve implementation issues
● Able to guide and motivate the rest of the team around best practices and
patterns. Participate in reviewing pull requests and training new hires.
● Ensure regular shipping of code, we work in 2 week sprints. Making sure that
every week we are releasing something new.
● Take regular interviews and help in team building.
● Proficiency with either one of full stack or mobile domains.
● Past experience of launching and scaling products.
● Prior experience of managing at least a 10 member team cross functional team.
Intuitive is the fastest growing top-tier Cloud Solutions and Services company supporting Global Enterprise Customer across Americas, Europe and Middle East.
Intuitive is looking for highly talented hands-on technologies to help accelerate our growing Professional Services consulting Cloud , Office 365, exchange, Kubernetes, DevOps practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Intuitive’ s global world class technology teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career working with some of the largest customers
Job Description :
- 8+ years of Strong Enterprise networking with Routing/Switching configuration/diagnostic experience in Global Network infrastructure design delivery of WAN, LAN, Firewall, and F5.
- Experience with Cisco hardware and OS : Catalyst switches, ISR/ASR routers, ASA
- Strong practical experience with Palo Alto firewalls is a MUST (VM series, CN series and other DC models)
- Strong understanding of the following Network protocols: BGP, IPSec and IPSec VTI VPN
- Experience and in-depth understanding of TCP/IP packets with ability to analyze captured packets for deep troubleshooting.
- Scripting (Python, Ansible, Tower) experience is a plus
- Work closely with the Network architecture, security and application teams to rollout new designs and perform activities for supporting cloud application migration projects.
- Leverage his/her prior experience with Azure and AWS to implement global connectivity Secure solutions.
- Implement an automated process for cloud network environment eliminating manual and repetitive tasks
- Create and maintain Infrastructure as Code (IAC) using industry standard platforms.
- Implement industry standard cloud network security practices during build activities and maintain it throughout the lifecycle.
- Perform functional testing to verify implementation meet production acceptance standards
- Provide support of cloud network services for complex issues
- AWS-specific skills (Networking: vpc, virtual gateway, Route53, Direct Connect Gateway, transit vpc, transit gateway, lambda, endpoints, load balancers) and (Security: ACM, WAF, Config, CloudWatch, Flow-logs, IAM, ES etc.)
- Security Architecture: Build Cloud Network Architecture to support Encryption of Data at rest and transit
- Other services such as Guardrail, GuardDuty, AWS shield, CloudFront, AWS Control Tower, Inspector
- Azure-specific skills (Networking: vnet, vnet peering, udr, sdr, expressroute, nsg, load balancers, endpoints.)
- Experience with automated configuration and deployment: Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code (IAC) frameworks
- Experience with distributed version-control systems: git/github
The Angel Broking Story
Incorporated in 1987, Angel Broking Limited is one of the largest independent full-service retail broking houses in India committed to providing accurate and widespread data for every online share trader. Angel Broking is considered as a home to the independent database on the web covering the Indian online brokerage industry. Our experience of over two decades has helped us to integrate our knowledge and expertise in the broking industry with the technology we provide to our retail clients through various platforms.
We are a technology-led financial services company providing broking and advisory services, margin funding, loans against shares (through one of our Subsidiaries, AFPL) and financial products distribution to our clients under the brand “Angel Broking”. Our broking and allied services are offered through (i) our online and digital platforms, and (ii) our network of over 15,000 Authorised Persons (the “Authorised Persons”), as of Sep 30, 2021.
We have a team of highly skilled technology and finance professionals and are currently looking for highly motivated field experts to be part of our high-energy team.
Role: Product Manager
What will you do
As Product Manager, you will play a key role in our journey to make trading & investing easily accessible and affordable to all millennials. You will be conceptualizing and executing ideas that create values for traders as well. The job will involve understanding traders & investors requirements, creating workflows, and coordinating with design, engineering, marketing & operation teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Define, understand & identify key success metrics.
- Track and analyze performance and constantly identify improvements to drive maximum usage and achieve business objectives
- Design & own product roadmap. Ensure steady execution of product life cycle processes from idea to final launch
- Collaborate with design team and guide their investments for research, prototyping, experimentation, and overall design thinking
- Collaborate with Data Analytics team and guide their investments in data analysis for a high impact conversational, prediction, and personalization strategy
- Coordinate with internal business verticals to collect requirements and convert them into clear actionable items
- Manage daily interaction with the tech team to clear their doubts if any in the requirements documents.
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, creating wireframes, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Gather, review, and interpret qualitative & quantitative data to uncover new product insights.
- Ability to drive PAT, DAT & UAT along with QA team
- Take product ownership through the entire development cycle, from concept, design and development, through to launch and achieving business impact
- Ability to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
What we are looking for
- Engineering and / Management degree from a Tier 1 institution.
- We are looking for developer turned Product Manager with 1-6 years of experience in Product Management. (Preferably 1+ years of Hands of Application development (in Java / C++ / or any other programing language))
- Experience in the B2C/B2B segment
- Data-driven decision-making ability
- Sharp User Research skills - conducting Usability Testing, User interviews, Card Sorting & A/B Testing
- Obsession with the mission to improve customer experience
- Prior experience in understanding & working with APIs driven businesses and leading B2C mobile applications.
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritise tasks
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Amazing verbal and written communication skills
What you get :
- Chance to play a pivotal role in building the next-gen fintech product
- Top tier scale from Day 1 - related battle scars / glory
- Work with other world class talent ( ex Amazon, Uber, Google, Walmart Labs)
- Still be based out anywhere you wish - You can Work from Anywhere #WFA}
If you are #superpumped about the role, we would love to connect with you! APPLY NOW
HyperTest is the fastest growing SaaS company in the field of quality assurance and Testing growing 25% MoM and flagging 1M+ errors for its clients every month
How It Works
HyperTest is an on-premise utility that helps businesses ship software faster and with better quality. It automatically tests for all failures and bugs in their applications much before releases. Engineering teams struggle with writing & maintaining their own tests or use a team of manual testers.
With HyperTest they can now instead focus only on building software (faster), automating the entire QA process.
We believe as the complexity of the application grows, HyperTest's simple technique to test app services in aggregate minimises the effort from developers to catch errors and fix them
Where are we now
HyperTest is funded from marquee VC firms like Axilor Capital, Touchstone and distinguished angel investors. The founding team has spent 12+ years between them building and scaling products for OYORooms to India's largest restaurant SaaS company and are alumni of IIT Bombay & Georgia Tech with degrees in CS and Data Science
HyperTest is currently used by 20+ small to large companies alike including Nykaa, Groww, Moglix, Shiprocket, 1mg, Etmoney, Cashify etc
We are looking for Head of Engineering who:
- Have (5-6yrs) experience working preferably in a product company before and understand the culture of moving fast and breaking things. Any additional experience is a plus.
- Work with CXOs to understand the business and build relevant solutions
- Engage in the end-to-end life cycle of product - from design to product launch
- Collaborate with multiple teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Design and build the Engineering team; define the right culture for the team
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and fast delivery. Data driven approach is a must
- Lead the cost/benefit analysis of technology evaluations, decisions, and roadmap planning for architecture and technical migration
- Exclusively use and enable teams to adopt and follow best practices in code development and deployment.
- Evaluate and improvise appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of products.
- Are open to work in a flat, non-hierarchical setup where daily focus is only shipping features not reporting to managers
- Are relentless problem-solvers and not scared easily from new engineering problems or speaking out in public or privately
- UG/PG degree in computer sciences, IT from top tier college in India preferable
- First-hand opportunity to learn ML and Data science (CTO is MS in AI/ML from Georgia Tech) and apply to real-life engineering problems that HyperTest solves
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company in a $50bn market. Opportunity to be a early employee and a future technical leader
- Handsome pay according to industry norms
- Occasional sponsored trips to Himalayas (all company funded) and unlimited supply of caffeine
Candidates who will not be a good fit
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there
- Particular about not shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience
- Not very hands-on, seek direction constantly and need continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks
- Looking to work in very large teams
Companies we admire for their culture and success:
37 Signals (BaseCamp), Intercom, Front, Stripe, Notion.io, Airtable, FreshDesk, Zoho, Wingify (VWO), CleverTap
Books that are a MUST read for people at HyperTest:
Lean Startup, Recode, Never Split the difference: Negotiating like your life depends on it, Culture Code, Rise of the SuperMan, Negotiation Genius, The Subtle Art of Not giving a F***
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with operations in 14 major cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 50k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada, Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We’re trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of supply chain. At Porter, we’re here to do the best work of our lives.
If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
This role requires a person to drive the engineering of a set of products by aligning with business and product
stakeholders and building and upskilling a team to aid in this. The responsibilities include:
1. Business and product alignment and planning
• Work closely with business and product stakeholders to understand and align with product initiatives and
• Help shape the engineering requirement by aligning with the product manager and fleshing out concepts
and user flows.
• Formalize business requirements into roadmaps and sprints.
2. Product and system development
• Drive high level modeling and design for projects, also focusing on non-functional aspects, including but
not limited to database design, communication protocols, deployment systems, etc.
• Drive adoption of design frameworks like domain driven design, clean architecture, etc., resulting in a
robust layered architecture.
• Drive good code review practices, using the review process as a mentoring tool to upskill people.
• Ensure test coverage of systems, partly through unit and integration testing, and partly through blackbox
testing by collaborating with the Quality Assurance team, via good testing practices.
3. Project Management
• Drive the execution of the project by delegating tasks effectively.
• Resolve blockers through technical expertise, negotiation and delegation.
• Estimate timelines and ensure adherence to them through effective sync-ups and course corrections.
• Formulate SLAs and oversee their adherence for the various systems, effectively tracking issues and
• Performance monitoring and optimization for systems.
• Drive technical re-design, remodeling and refactoring of systems for robustness and sustainability.
5. Team Management
• Typically manage a team of 3 - 6 members and a portfolio of 3 - 6 products.
• Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their career growth paths and train them.
• Recruit members into the team by collaborating effectively with the recruitment team.
• Web application frameworks : Ktor, Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, AWS Lambda
• Datastores : PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift
• Communication : HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
• Server management : Amazon ECS, Docker
• Design frameworks : Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture, Layered Architecture
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers. Product sectors
• Growth : You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry best
driver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead management
• Lifecycle Management : Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which includes
rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools, partner and
customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
• Transaction Experience : You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our
customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system,
pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems,
and in-app ticketing and support among others.
• Fulfilment : As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree of
ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools including allocation methodologies and system, dynamic
pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
• Enterprise Solutions : You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence. You’ll
build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimisation tools,
alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.
• Software engineering experience of greater than or equal to 7 years
• Experience managing a technical team of at least 3 people
• Exposure to consumer facing products
• Strong technical background and ability to contribute to design and review
• Familiarity with our tech stack or an analogous tech stack
standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent.
The job requires a gamut of roles and responsibilities -
● Build a world-class team of engineers
● Ensure their KPI’s and OKR are set and evaluated at regular intervals
● Responsible for delivering high-quality software products, on time, and within budget.
● Collaborate & work with Product Leads and Business Leaders to develop a long-term product plan,
products, and manage the release planning cycles for all products.
● Responsible for managing the staffing requirements and skillsets for the Customer Interaction Team,
assuring that sub-teams are staffed with sufficient skilled resources and meeting Ability to work in a fastpaced
● Deliver results, set up high standards for the team, and the ability to attract world-class talent. product
9 software development experience
● 3+ years of experience running engineering teams of 5+ engineers, and coaching, mentoring
individuals to grow in their career
Experience in setting up & building high-performance technology teams
- 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on management experience.
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experience building and leading platforms is a must. Experience with SOA/Microservices with Node.js and Golang is a plus
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive engineering teams.
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy.
- Entrepreneurial drive and have hands-on experience in creating products which solve user’s problems
As an Engineering Manager, your role would involve architecting systems capable of serving as the brains of complex distributed products. In addition, you’d also closely Managing engineers on the team and contribute to team building.
A strong technologist at Meesho cares about code modularity, scalability, re-usability and thrives in a complex and ambiguous environment.
Required skill & Experience:
- Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute with at least 8+ years over all professional experience. At-least 2+ years experience in managing/leading software development teams.
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Able to drive sprints and OKRs.
- Exceptional team managing skills; experience in building large scale distributed systems
- Experience in Scalable Systems - transactional systems (B2C)
- Expertise in Java/J2EE and multithreading
- Deep understanding of transactional and NoSQL DBs
- Deep understanding of Messaging systems - kafka
- Good experience on cloud infrastructure - AWS preferably
- Good to have: Data pipelines, ES
- Ability to think and analyze both breadth-wise and depth-wise while designing and implementing services
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.