About the company :
- Provides free and subscription-based website and email services hosted and operated at data centres in Mumbai and Hyderabad.
- Serve global audience and customers through sophisticated content delivery networks.
- Operate a service infrastructure using the latest technologies for web services and a very large storage infrastructure.
- Provides virtualized infrastructure, allows seamless migration and the addition of services for scalability.
- Pioneers and earliest adopters of public cloud and NoSQL big data store - since more than a decade.
- Provide innovative internet services with work on multiple technologies like php, java, nodejs, python and c++ to scale our services as per need.
- Has Internet infrastructure peering arrangements with all the major and minor ISPs and telecom service providers.
- Have mail traffic exchange agreements with major Internet services.
Job Details :
- This job position provides competitive professional opportunity both to experienced and aspiring engineers. The company's technology and operations groups are managed by senior professionals with deep subject matter expertise.
- The company believes having an open work environment offering mentoring and learning opportunities with an informal and flexible work culture, which allows professionals to actively participate and contribute to the success of our services and business.
- You will be part of a team that keeps the business running for cloud products and services that are used 24- 7 by the company's consumers and enterprise customers around the world. You will be asked to contribute to operate, maintain and provide escalation support for the company's cloud infrastructure that powers all of cloud offerings.
Job Role :
- As a senior engineer, your role grows as you gain experience in our operations. We facilitate a hands-on learning experience after an induction program, to get you into the role as quickly as possible.
- The systems engineer role also requires candidates to research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- The work culture allows a seamless integration with different product engineering teams. The teams work together and share responsibility to triage in complex operational situations. The candidate is expected to stay updated on best practices and help evolve processes both for resilience of services and compliance.
- You will be required to provide support for both, production and non-production environments to ensure system updates and expected service levels. You will be required to specifically handle 24/7 L2 and L3 oversight for incident responses and have an excellent understanding of the end-to-end support process from client to different support escalation levels.
- The role also requires a discipline to create, update and maintain process documents, based on operation incidents, technologies and tools used in the processes to resolve issues.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- A graduate degree or senior diploma in engineering or technology with some or all of the following:
- Knowledge and work experience with KVM, AWS (Glacier, S3, EC2), RabbitMQ, Fluentd, Syslog, Nginx is preferred
- Installation and tuning of Web Servers, PHP, Java servlets, memory-based databases for scalability and performance
- Knowledge of email related protocols such as SMTP, POP3, IMAP along with experience in maintenance and administration of MTAs such as postfix, qmail, etc will be an added advantage
- Must have knowledge on monitoring tools, trend analysis, networking technologies, security tools and troubleshooting aspects.
- Knowledge of analyzing and mitigating security related issues and threats is certainly desirable.
- Knowledge of agile development/SDLC processes and hands-on participation in planning sprints and managing daily scrum is desirable.
- Preferably, programming experience in Shell, Python, Perl or C.