As the DevOps & Security Engineer, you will be responsible deploying, configuring, and managing a Cloud based and Hybrid product/platform
and providing operations support.
Contribute to product development, APIs, database coding and back-end services (.NET, Java, Python, Angular, React)
Provide operations support (setup, configuration, management, troubleshooting) of IT platforms
Deploy, configure and manage a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud platform
Provide Level 1 (OS, patching) and Level 2 (app server instance troubleshooting)
DevOps-like programming: writing scripts, building operations/server instance/app/DB monitoring tools
Set up / manage continuous build and dev project management environment: Jenkins, Git, Jira
Designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure secure product development
Disaster recovery, network forensics analysis, and pen-testing current solutions
Planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
Awareness training of the workforce on information security standards, policies and best practices
Installation and use of firewalls, data encryption and other security products and procedures
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and
5+ years of professional experience
Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, or GCP environments
Experience with web hosting on Apache and IIS
Experience building and configuring servers (Win 2012, Linux RHEL and/or Ubuntu)
Continuous Build / Continuous Integration experience with Jenkins
Solid foundation within Windows and Linux file systems, configuration and setup, Bash shell, scripting
Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done" are essential
Technical Certifications like CISSP, MCSE, CCSP, CCNP, CCSP, GIAC, CEH
Excellent understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, WANs, LANs, and commonly used protocols/standards such as
DHCP, DNS, (E)SMTP, HTTP(S), IPSec, TLS/SSL, PKI, Telnet, SNMP, POP, LDAP, SSH
Programming and scripting experience: Python, Java, .NET/C#, PowerShell, Salt/Puppet/Chef scripting
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Junior DevOps Engineer you have a passion for automation, security and building reliable expandable systems. You develop scripts and tools to automate deployment tasks and monitoring critical aspects of the operation, resolve engineering problems and incidents. You’ll collaborate with architects and developers to help create platforms for the future.
What you tell your friends you do
“I help manage 100s of servers worldwide to keep millions of players happy”
What you will really be doing
- Find ways to automate tasks and monitoring systems to continuously improve our systems.
- Develop scripts and tools to make our infrastructure resilient and efficient.
- Understand our applications and services and keep them running smoothly
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 1 years of experience on a dev ops engineering role
- Deep experience with Linux and Unix systems
- Networking basics knowledge (named, nginx, etc)
- Some coding experience (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with common automation tools (Ex. Chef, Terraform, etc)
- AWS experience is a plus
- A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
- Interest in mobile games
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays!(Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
The DevOps Engineer core responsibilities include automated configuration and management
of infrastructure, continuous integration and delivery of distributed systems at scale in an Hybrid
● You have 3-4 years of experience in DevOps
● You have experience in managing IT Infrastructure at scale
● You have experience in automation of deployment of distributed systems and in
infrastructure provisioning at scale.
● You have in depth hands on experience on Linux and Linux based systems, Linux
● You have experience in Server hardware, Networking, firewalls
● You have experience in source code management, configuration management,
continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous monitoring
● You have experience with CI/CD and related tools
● You have experience with containerization, container orchestration, management
● Have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems.
● Worked in startups like environments with high levels of ownership and commitment.
● BTech, MTech or PhD in Computer Science or related Technical Discipline
We are looking for experienced DevOps/infra engineers to join our core engineering team for building and scaling low latency, fault-tolerant and robust systems corresponding to real-world financial markets
• Design and development of databases for real-time, highly available, secure financial data
• Architecting solutions for new features and working along with product teams to fulfill their requirements
• Create, improve and scale microservices infrastructure, manage servers (AWS) and other AWS resources etc.
• Developing and improving K8s architecture, securing and scaling applications in a containerized environment
• Ensure the performance and security of the application/systems.
• Implement GitOps with robust CI/CD pipelines.
• Strong systems architecture, database and network fundamentals.
• Strong experience in building CI/CD pipelines, enabling DevOps for scaling and automating the
existing infra with tools like Ansible, Jenkins, ArgoCD, ArgoWorkflow, CodeDeploy.
• Experience with designing infra using IaaC (Infrastructure as a code) tools like AWS CDK, CDK8s, Terraform, Helm and Cloudformation.
• Experience with running services in K8s cluster, managing and securing K8s clusters.
• Knowledge/Experience with setting up/optimising monitoring and metrics stack using EFK(ES, Fluentd, Kibana)
and Metrics(Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana).
• Familiarity with databases - (MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, InfluxDB), Scripting (bash, python, Go etc).
• Web development concepts - server architecture.
• Experience with AWS Infra (EC2, ELB, ALB, S3, VPC, Cloudfront, Route53, VPN ).
• Interest and experience in building secure, robust, scalable and maintainable software.
• Open to learning open source tools and automating processes.
• Interest (and/or experience) in the financial/stock market space.
• Knowledge of (or experience with) Cloud and API security, especially AWS (IAM, KMS, WAF).
• Knowledge of Service Mesh and K8s networking
● platform in AWS cloud
● Expertise in any one scripting languages - Python, bash, shell etc
● Own the design and implementation of AWS environment that is scalable,
● highly available, and secure
● Conceptualize, architect and build automated deployment pipelines in a
● CI/CD environment like Jenkins
● Solid experience working with AWS services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, Cloud
● Formation, Cloud Trail, Route 53, RDS, SQS, Code Deploy etc)
● Good understanding of AWS best practices and especially strong with
● AWS Cloud Formation, Terraforms and Code Deploy
● Proficiency with the AWS CLI
● Exposure to modern IT infrastructure (eg. Docker swarm/
● Mesos/Kubernetes/ Openstack)
● Good working knowledge of RDBMS services in cloud, db replication etc
● experience in nosql(MongoDB, etc)
● build and manage dashboards to provide visibility into production
● application functional and performance status
- Drive the architectural design, solution planning, and feasibility study on Cloud Computing Infrastructure.
- Deliver new IT services and exploit current infrastructure technologies.
- Drive the infrastructure roadmaps and planning in adopting the cloud infrastructure in a long
- Conduct research and make recommendations on suitable cloud platforms & services.
- Advice on and implement cloud best practices.
Desired understanding of the following - VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, Route 53,
Lambda, Billing, AWS MYSQL, Kinesis, API Gateway, Cloud Watch, EBS, AMI, RDS, Dynamo
DB, ELB, Light sail, Kubernetes, Docker, NAT Gateway
Education & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Solid experience in infrastructure architecture solutions design
- Solid knowledge in AWS/Google Cloud
- Experience in managing implementations on public clouds (AWS/Google Cloud)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills - Good command of written and spoken English.
- Certification for AWS/Google Cloud Architect - Associate level
- 3+ years experience leading a team of DevOps engineers
- 8+ years experience managing DevOps for large engineering teams developing cloud-native software
- Strong in networking concepts
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and cloud architectures/services.
- Experience within the container and container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Passion for CI/CD pipeline using tools such as Jenkins etc.
- Familiarity with config management tools like Ansible Terraform etc
- Proven record of measuring and improving DevOps metrics
- Familiarity with observability tools and experience setting them up
- Passion for building tools and productizing services that empower development teams.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux command-line tools and ability to write bash scripts.
- Strong in Unix / Linux administration and management,
- Own and manage the entire cloud infrastructure
- Create the entire CI/CD pipeline to build and release
- Explore new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization
- Own and manage the site reliability
- Strong decision-making skills and metric-driven approach
- Mentor and coach other team members
Job Location: Andheri (E), Mumbai
Work experience: Minimum 3 years
CTC offered: Rs. 12 to Rs. 15 LPA
Roles & Responsibilities
- Automate Everything: Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Gather cloud infrastructure requirements, evaluate options and come up with solutions.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed
- Work with multiple self-managed Kubernetes Clusters on different Clouds.
- Being proactive - Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch* Maintaining CI/CD pipelines while keeping it stable and efficient
Must have skills
- Hands-on experience working on Azure
- Well versed with at-least two languages - Python and one more (Node JS , Shell).
- Working knowledge of Terraform and Ansible
- Experience using Web servers & proxies (Nginx, Apache)
- Containerisation experience working with Docker/ Kubernetes
- Experience with working on security of Cloud services and Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud-native monitoring tools like Prometheus/Nagios and Grafana
- Code, Build and Release management using GIT and Jenkins
Good to have skills
- Understanding of AWS Cloud
- Experience with distributed tracing and APM tools a plus.
- Experience with running Logging Infrastructure stacks like ELK at scale.
- Knowledge of distributed Messaging/Task Queues: Kafka
- Basic Understanding of SQL and NO SQL databases like Mongo, Mysql
Working Days: Monday to Friday, 2nd and 4th Saturday
The expectation is to set up complete automation of CI/CD pipeline & monitoring and ensure high availability of the pipeline. The automated deployment environment can be on-prem or cloud (virtual instances, containerized and serverless). Complete test automation and ensure Security of Application as well as Infrastructure.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Configure Jenkins with load distribution between master/slave Setting up the CI pipeline with Jenkins and Cloud(AWS or Azure) Code Build Static test (Quality & Security) Setting up Dynamic Test configuration with selenium and other tools Setting up Application and Infrastructure scanning for security. Post-deployment security plan including PEN test. Usage of RASP tool. Configure and ensure HA of the pipeline and monitoring Setting up composition analysis in the pipeline Setting up the SCM and Artifacts repository and management for branching, merging and archiving Must work in Agile environment using ALM tool like Jira DESIRED SKILLS
Extensive hands-on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technology experience of .Net, Node, Java and C++ based projects(Web, mobile and Standalone). Experience configuring and managing
- ALM tools like Jira, TFS, etc.
- SCM such as GitHub, GitLab, CodeCommit
- Automation tools such as Terraform, CHEF, or Ansible
- Package repo configuration(Artifactory / Nexus), Package managers like Nuget & Chocholatey
- Database Configuration (sql & nosql), Web/Proxy Setup(IIS, Nginx, Varnish, Apache).
Deep knowledge of multiple monitoring tools and how to mine them for advanced data Prior work with Helm, Postgres, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, microservices, message queues and related technologies Test Automation with Selenium / CuCumber; Setting up of test Simulators. AWS Certified Architect and/or Developer; Associate considered, Professional preferred Proficient in: Bash, Powershell, Groovy, YAML, Python, NodeJS, Web concepts such as REST APIs and Aware of MVC and SPA application design. TTD experience and quality control with Sonarqube or Checkmarx, Tics Tiobe and Coverity Thorough with Linux(Ubuntu, Debian CentOS), Docker(File/compose/volume), Kubernetes cluster setup Expert in Workflow tools: Jenkins(declarative, plugins)/TeamCity and Build Servers configuration Experience with AWS CloudFormation / CDK and delivery automation Ensure end-to-end deployments succeed and resources come up in an automated fashion Good to have ServiceNow configuration experience for collaboration
What you will get:
- To be a part of the Core-Team 💪
- A Chunk of ESOPs 🚀
- Creating High Impact by Solving a Problem at Large (No one in the World has a similar product) 💥
- High Growth Work Environment ⚙️
What we are looking for:
- An 'Exceptional Executioner' -> Leader -> Create an Impact & Value 💰
- Ability to take Ownership of your work
- Past experience in leading a team
We are front runners of the technological revolution with an inexhaustible passion for technology! DevOn is the technical organization that originated from Prowareness. We are the company at the forefront of leading DevOps transformations and setting up High Performance Distributed DevOps teams with leading companies worldwide. DevOn helps market leaders to take the next step in software delivery. We consist of a dynamic team, in which personal growth is central!
You have 6+ years of experience in AWS infra Automation. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast-paced operations environment and to develop your career in Cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services.
You are building and monitoring CI/CD pipeline in AWS cloud. This is a highly scalable backend application building on Java platform. We need a resource who can troubleshoot, diagnose and rectify system service issues.
You’re cloud native with Terraform as an orchestration. You would use Terraform as a key Orchestration in Infrastructure as Code.
You're comfortable driving. You prefer to own your work streams and enjoy working in autonomy to progress towards your goals.
You provide an incredible support to the team. You sweat the small stuff but keep the big picture in mind. You know that a pair programming can give better result
An ideal candidate is/are:
This is a key role within our DevOps team and will involve working as part of a collaborative agile team in a shared services DevOps organization to support and deliver innovative technology solutions that directly align with the delivery of business value and enhanced customer experience. The primary objective is to provide support to Amazon Web Services hosted environment, ensure continuous availability, working closely with development teams to ensure best value for money, and effective estate management.
- Setup CI/CD Pipeline from scratch along with integration of appropriate quality gates.
- Expertise level knowledge in AWS cloud. Provision and configure infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Build and configure Kubernetes-based infrastructure, networking policies, LBs, and cluster security. Define autoscaling and cost strategies.
- Automate the build of containerized systems with CI/CD tooling, Helm charts, and more
- Manage deployments and rollbacks of applications
- Implement monitoring and metrics with Cloud watch, Newrelic
- Troubleshoot and optimize containerized workload deployments for clients
- Automate operational tasks, and assist in the transition to service ownership models.
- Leading service improvement initiatives including implementing new cloud service offerings, enhancing existing cloud services and delivering new automaton initiatives.
- Working with HSBC Lines of Business to maximise benefit from Cloud services.
- Collecting Line of Business requirements and getting these prioritized with the Cloud Engineering team.
- Managing Communications for the Cloud platform.
- Assisting with Cloud Onboarding /Adoption.
- Identifying issues and outages on the Cloud Platform and working with engineering to resolve these.