Cloud native technologies - Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS), AWS ECS, Helm, CircleCI, Harness, Severless platforms (AWS Fargate etc.)
Infrastructure as Code tools - Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible
Scripting - Python, Bash
Desired Skills & Experience:
Hands-on scripting and software development fluency in any programming language (Python, Go, Node, Ruby).
Basic understanding of Computer Science fundamentals - Networking, Web Architecture etc.
Infrastructure automation experience with knowledge of at least a few of these tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins etc.
Bonus points if you have contributed to open source projects, participated in competitive coding platforms like Hackerearth, CodeForces, SPOJ etc.
You’re willing to learn various new technologies and concepts. The “cloud-native” field of software is evolving fast and you’ll need to quickly learn new technologies as required.
Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech or equivalent experience.
About Velotio Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Velotio Technologies is a software and product engineering partner for technology startups & enterprises. We combine innovative ideas with business expertise and latest transformational technologies to drive business success for our customers. Velotio specializes in enterprise B2B and SaaS product development with a focus on sales & marketing technology, artificial intelligence & machine learning, analytics and infrastructure automation.
Our self-managed, high skilled engineering teams can help to accelerate your product roadmap and expand your market. Our customer engagements span the entire product lifecycle from ideation, prototyping, development, QA, DevOps & professional services.
Velotio Labs is a division which builds intellectual property, accelerators and products to solve customer pain points.
Our team has worked on 75+ engagements over the last 10 years including startups and Fortune 500 companies culminating in successful exits for our past ventures.
We are building the fastest, most reliable & intelligent trading platform. That requires highly available, scalable & performant systems. And you will be playing one of the most crucial roles in making this happen.
You will be leading our efforts in designing, automating, deploying, scaling and monitoring all our core products.
Tech Facts so Far
1. 8+ services deployed on 50+ servers
2. 35K+ concurrent users on average
3. 1M+ algorithms run every min
4. 100M+ messages/min
We are a 4-member backend team with 1 Devops Engineer. Yes! this is all done by this incredible lean team.
Big Challenges for You
1. Manage 25+ services on 200+ servers
2. Achieve 99.999% (5 Nines) availability
3. Make 1-minute automated deployments possible
If you like to work on extreme scale, complexity & availability, then you will love it here.
Who are we
We are on a mission to help retail traders prosper in the stock market. In just 3 years, we have the 3rd most popular app for the stock markets in India. And we are aiming to be the de-facto trading app in the next 2 years.
We are a young, lean team of ordinary people that is building exceptional products, that solve real problems. We love to innovate, thrill customers and work with brilliant & humble humans.
Key Objectives for You
• Spearhead system & network architecture
• CI, CD & Automated Deployments
• Achieve 99.999% availability
• Ensure in-depth & real-time monitoring, alerting & analytics
• Enable faster root cause analysis with improved visibility
• Ensure a high level of security
Possible Growth Paths for You
• Be our Lead DevOps Engineer
• Be a Performance & Security Expert
• Challenges that will push you beyond your limits
• A democratic place where everyone is heard & aware
Experience of Linux
Experience using Python or Shell scripting (for Automation)
Hands-on experience with Implementation of CI/CD Processes
Experience working with one cloud platforms (AWS or Azure or Google)
Experience working with configuration management tools such as Ansible & Chef
Experience working with Containerization tool Docker.
Experience working with Container Orchestration tool Kubernetes.
Experience in source Control Management including SVN and/or Bitbucket
Experience with setup & management of monitoring tools like Nagios, Sensu & Prometheus or any other popular tools
Hands-on experience in Linux, Scripting Language & AWS is mandatory
Troubleshoot and Triage development, Production issues
Searce is a niche’ Cloud Consulting business with futuristic tech DNA. We do new-age tech
to realise the “Next” in the “Now” for our Clients. We specialise in Cloud Data Engineering,
AI/Machine Learning and Advanced Cloud infra tech such as Anthos and Kubernetes. We
are one of the top & the fastest growing partners for Google Cloud and AWS globally with
over 2,500 clients successfully moved to cloud.
What we believe?
1. Best practices are overrated
○ Implementing best practices can only make one n ‘average’ .
2. Honesty and Transparency
○ We believe in naked truth. We do what we tell and tell what we do.
3. Client Partnership
○ Client - Vendor relationship: No. We partner with clients instead.
○ And our sales team comprises 100% of our clients.
How we work?
It’s all about being Happier first. And rest follows. Searce work culture is defined by
1. Humble: Happy people don’t carry ego around. We listen to understand; not to
2. Adaptable: We are comfortable with uncertainty. And we accept changes well. As
that’s what life's about.
3. Positive: We are super positive about work & life in general. We love to forget and
forgive. We don’t hold grudges. We don’t have time or adequate space for it.
4. Passionate: We are as passionate about the great street-food vendor across the
street as about Tesla’s new model and so on. Passion is what drives us to work and
makes us deliver the quality we deliver.
5. Innovative: Innovate or Die. We love to challenge the status quo.
6. Experimental: We encourage curiosity & making mistakes.
7. Responsible: Driven. Self motivated. Self governing teams. We own it.
Are you the one? Quick self-discovery test:
1. Love for cloud: When was the last time your dinner entailed an act on “How would
‘Jerry Seinfeld’ pitch Cloud platform & products to this prospect” and your friend did
the ‘Sheldon’ version of the same thing.
2. Passion for sales: When was the last time you went at a remote gas station while on
vacation, and ended up helping the gas station owner saasify his 7 gas stations
across other geographies.
3. Compassion for customers: You listen more than you speak. When you do speak,
people feel the need to listen.
4. Humor for life: When was the last time you told a concerned CEO, ‘If Elon Musk can
attempt to take humanity to Mars, why can’t we take your business to run on cloud ?
Your bucket of undertakings:
This position will be responsible to consult with clients and propose architectural solutions
to help move & improve infra from on-premise to cloud or help optimize cloud spend from
one public cloud to the other.
1. Be the first one to experiment on new age cloud offerings, help define the best
practise as a thought leader for cloud, automation & Dev-Ops, be a solution
visionary and technology expert across multiple channels.
2. Continually augment skills and learn new tech as the technology and client needs
3. Use your experience in Google cloud platform, AWS or Microsoft Azure to build
hybrid-cloud solutions for customers.
4. Provide leadership to project teams, and facilitate the definition of project
deliverables around core Cloud based technology and methods.
5. Define tracking mechanisms and ensure IT standards and methodology are met;
deliver quality results.
6. Participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code and other artifacts
7. Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts in google cloud platform
8. Security, Risk and Compliance - Advise customers on best practices around access
management, network setup, regulatory compliance and related areas.
● Passionate, persuasive, articulate Cloud professional capable of quickly establishing
interest and credibility
● Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a
willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
● Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality.
● Highly organised and efficient.
● Confident working with others to inspire a high-quality standard.
Education, Experience, etc.
1. Is Education overrated? Yes. We believe so. However there is no way to locate you
otherwise. So unfortunately we might have to look for a Bachelor's or Master's
degree in engineering from a reputed institute or you should be programming from
12. And the latter is better. We will find you faster if you specify the latter in some
manner. Not just degree, but we are not too thrilled by tech certifications too ... :)
2. To reiterate: Passion to tech-awesome, insatiable desire to learn the latest of the
new-age cloud tech, highly analytical aptitude and a strong ‘desire to deliver’ outlives
those fancy degrees!
3. 1 - 5 years of experience with at least 2 - 3 years of hands-on experience in Cloud
Computing (AWS/GCP/Azure) and IT operational experience in a global enterprise
4. Good analytical, communication, problem solving, and learning skills.
5. Knowledge on programming against cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platf
Specific responsibilities commensurate with experience and include:
- Ability to react quickly and effectively to identify and resolve issues that heavily impact CI/CD system (immediate mitigation of impact, long-term resolution including strategies for risk mitigation/monitoring/alert for proactive resolution of potential future occurrences)
- Design, develop, unit test, and implement build automation scripts including environment configuration validation processes
- Automate and improve development process by evaluation and introduction of new tools and scripts, and manage their life cycle and validation
- Determine branching strategy and maintain branches for various components, products, and product lines
- Come up with solutions to open-ended problems that focus on workflow improvements for the Software department
- Address issues with well-defined requirements efficiently; come up with short-term and long-term solutions and staged deployment strategies
- Self-driven-- takes action to move tickets from start to completion with minimal oversight
- Ability to communicate with and consider perspectives of stakeholders including but not limited to: IT, software development, verification
- Ability to break down a problem into smaller components and solve them in a logical, controlled, clearly explainable approach
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a pre-production environment as a testbed for build process improvements and changes before deployment to the production environment
- Gather metrics via direct input, data based on analysis of developer working habits analysis and pain points to assess current state and areas requiring further improvement
- Define chain of communication and immediate paths of action in the case of a build fault state
- Ability to work within constraints of the internal network without access to commercial cloud solutions
- Create metrics that define ‘efficiency’ and ‘reliability’ in measurable terms, and track them
- Perform static code and security analysis
- Design and execute unit tests and perform code coverage analysis
- Able to work in Agile development team environment
Key Requirement & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years (minimum) experience handling Build, Release, and Deployment of software on Windows and/or Linux environments (on-premise)
- Experience with the development and deployment of CM processes and tools
- Build automation for .NET using TeamCity (Jenkins is an asset)
- Scripting languages: Windows batch scripting, Powershell, Ant/NAnt
- Source control systems usage, branching strategies, and workflow (Git preferred, Subversion)
- 6+ years of hands-on programming experience with C# and .NET (both Framework and Core)
- Troubleshooting and debugging-- what information to gather when there are issues with CI/CD system, and how to gather it (i.e., analyzing network communication? Windows crash dumps, java logs, etc.)
- 6+ years (minimum) in web/desktop application software development experience
- Excellent problem solving, critical and analytical thinking
- Strong team player who understands SDLC and QA methodologies
- A professional, results-oriented individual with a high degree of self-motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work/activities with multiple software/IT teams
- Working with virtual machines and build management on virtual machines (VMware preferred).
- Managing configurations for multiple build environments
- OS administration and scripting experience (Windows is a must, Linux desired)
- Experience with test automation tools (NUnit, customer inhouse frameworks) and strategies is an asset
- Creation and maintenance of monitoring and alert systems (Zabbix)
- Familiarity with databases (SQL-based) - create, modify, optimize (via script)
- Data and metrics gathering, aggregation, and reporting
- Experience with work management and documentation tools: JIRA and Confluence
- GCP Cloud experience mandatory
- CICD - Azure DevOps
- IaC tools – Terraform
- Experience with IAM / Access Management within cloud
- Networking / Firewalls
- Kubernetes / Helm / Istio
- Work with developers to build out CI/CD pipelines, enable self-service build tools and reusable deployment jobs. Find, explore, and advocate for new technologies for enterprise use.
- Automate the provisioning of environments
- Promote new DevOps tools to simplify the build process and entire Continuous Delivery.
- Manage a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment.
- Coordinate and scale the evolving build and cloud deployment systems across all product development teams.
- Work independently, with, and across teams. Establishing smooth running. environments are paramount to your success, and happiness
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-thebox thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Experience with AWS multi-region/multi-AZ deployed systems, auto-scaling of EC2 instances, CloudFormation, ELBs, VPCs, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, Route53, RDS, IAM roles, security groups, cloud watch
- Experience in Data Visualization and Monitoring tools such as Grafana and Kibana
- Experienced in Build and CI/CD/CT technologies like GitHub, Chef, Artifactory, Hudson/Jenkins
- Experience with log collection, filter creation, and analysis, builds, and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure.
- Automate the provisioning of environments pulling strings with Puppet, cooking up some recipes with Chef, or through Ansible, and the deployment of those environments using containers, like Docker or Rocket: (have at least some configuration management tool through some version control).
- B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 60% in Graduation and Post-Graduation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Sr.DevOps Engineer (5 to 8 yrs. Exp.)
- Strong Experience in Infrastructure provisioning in cloud using Terraform & AWS CloudFormation Templates.
- Strong Experience in Serverless Containerization technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Strong Experience in Jenkins & AWS Native CI/CD implementation using code
- Strong Experience in Cloud operational automation using Python, Shell script, AWS CLI, AWS Systems Manager, AWS Lamnda, etc.
- Day to Day AWS Cloud administration tasks
- Strong Experience in Configuration management using Ansible and PowerShell.
- Strong Experience in Linux and any scripting language must required.
- Knowledge of Monitoring tool will be added advantage.
- Understanding of DevOps practices which involves Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment.
- Hands on with application deployment process
Key Skills: AWS, terraform, Serverless, Jenkins,Devops,CI/CD,Python,CLI,Linux,Git,Kubernetes
Role: Software Developer
Industry Type: IT-Software, Software Services
FunctionalArea:ITSoftware- Application Programming, Maintenance
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Education: Any computer graduate.Salary: Best in Industry.
As DevOps Engineer, you'll be part of the team building the stage for our Software Engineers to work on, helping to enhance our product performance and reliability.
- Build & operate infrastructure to support website, backed cluster, ML projects in the organization.
- Helping teams become more autonomous and allowing the Operation team to focus on improving the infrastructure and optimizing processes.
- Delivering system management tooling to the engineering teams.
- Working on your own applications which will be used internally.
- Contributing to open source projects that we are using (or that we may start).
- Be an advocate for engineering best practices in and out of the company.
- Organizing tech talks and participating in meetups and representing Box8 at industry events.
- Sharing pager duty for the rare instances of something serious happening.
- Collaborate with other developers to understand & setup tooling needed for Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- 1+ Years Of Industry Experience Scale existing back end systems to handle ever increasing amounts of traffic and new product requirements.
- Ruby On Rails or Python and Bash/Shell skills.
- Experience managing complex systems at scale.
- Experience with Docker, rkt or similar container engine.
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar clustering solutions.
- Experience with tools such as Ansible or Chef Understanding of the importance of smart metrics and alerting.
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure provisioning, deployment, monitoring (we are on AWS and use ECS, ELB, EC2, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, S3, CloudWatch).
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Knowledge of data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience in working on linux based servers.
- Managing large scale production grade infrastructure on AWS Cloud.
- Good Knowledge on scripting languages like ruby, python or bash.
- Experience in creating in deployment pipeline from scratch.
- Expertise in any of the CI tools, preferably Jenkins.
- Good knowledge of docker containers and its usage.
- Using Infra/App Monitoring tools like, CloudWatch/Newrelic/Sensu.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails based applications and its deployment methodologies.
- Experience working on Container Orchestration tools like Kubernetes/ECS/Mesos.
- Extra Points For Experience With Front-end development NewRelic GCP Kafka, Elasticsearch.
DevOps Consultant!! MERN Stack Project Manager – Systems (Enterprise or Solutions) Architect needed!
I appreciate you taking time to read this. I have posted a job for developers to work on a start-up, the link is ......
I would need someone with DevOps experience, to ensure that the project is undertaken with the highest standards possible. I have had many experiences where ‘completed’ software after years of development was filled with bugs and it would be more cost-effective to start from scratch than to attempt to find and correct all the bugs.
I have attempted to learn as much as possible, but I now have an opportunity and it would better serve the venture to have someone handle the management of the project to ensure that;
- We choose the most appropriate technology
- We choose competent developers in those technologies
- The architecture and data modeling are clearly defined in a ‘blueprint’ plan
- A DevOps environment and processes are set up and the developers understand what is required
- Proper tests are carried out to ensure everything works as intended
- There are processes for testers to follow and competent testers are selected to follow them
- Accessibility, localization, and internationalization are planned ahead of time
- Security, scalability, and other future probabilities that I may not even be aware of are considered and planned ahead of time
- Documentation and code reviews, refactoring and other quality assurance processes are undertaken
- Working software is produced and systems that enable new developers or teams of people to easily take over and/or contribute new modules or updates in a controlled and organized fashion
- Cost estimates or budgets/projections or use of SaaS, hosting and other 3rd party services and applications
I am more concerned with a professional and world-class organizational system than with any particular type of software been produced as the strong foundation will enable anything to be creating with efficacy and precision.
Again, thank you for reading this, please reply with the word “superstar” anywhere in the second line of your response. I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm wishes DevOps Evangelist,