Profile: DevOps Engineer
Experience: 5-8 Yrs
Notice Period: Immediate to 30 Days
Technical Experience (Must Have):
DevOps Tool: Terraform, Ansible, Github, CI-CD pipeline, Docker, Kubernetes
Network: Cloud Networking
Scripting Language: Any/All - Shell Script, PowerShell, Python
OS: Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL etc)
Professional Attributes: Excellent communication, written, presentation,
and problem-solving skills.
Experience: Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Cloud Automation and
Additional Information (Good to have):
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900
Certified Kubernetes Administrator
Building and maintaining tools to automate application and
infrastructure deployment, and to monitor operations.
Design and implement cloud solutions which are secure, scalable,
resilient, monitored, auditable and cost optimized.
Implementing transformation from an as is state, to the future.
Coordinating with other members of the DevOps team, Development, Test,
and other teams to enhance and optimize existing processes.
Provide systems support, implement monitoring and logging alerting
solutions that enable the production systems to be monitored.
Writing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Industry standard tools and
Writing application deployment automation using industry standard
deployment and configuration tools.
Design and implement continuous delivery pipelines that serve the
purpose of provisioning and operating client test as well as production
Implement and stay abreast of Cloud and DevOps industry best practices
About Magicflare Software Services
• CSE will be responsible to monitor the Cloud Infrastructure and respond to any issues
• Provide timely and effective resolutions to the customer tickets
• Collaborate with Dev Team to coordinate on the customer tickets and application issues
• Establishing the root causes of application errors and escalating serious concerns to the Engineering team.
• Responsible to update the Open tickets on daily basis
• Responsible for performing production deployments
• Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application
• Monitor the application and troubleshoot the issues 24x7 on the production clusters
• Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
• Responsible for continuous measurement and high availability of the Azure Production environments
• Follow Incident, Request, Problem, Change Access Management processes based on IT-service management software
The role is to coordinate strategies for defining, deploying, and designing a next-generation, cloud-based unified communications platform. This includes managing all engineering projects for VoIP initiatives, planning technology roadmaps, and configuring and optimizing all products and services, both internally and those integrated with Internet-based services.
- Provide ongoing support of the Stage Prod environments that are placed in public clouds;
- Improvement Observability of the Product and Infrastructure it placed in;
- Support integrations with other Products and collaborate with Teams owning them;
- Write high-quality documentation;
- Improve deployment process: CI/CD pipelines, automations and so on and so forth.
- Confident Linux administrator and common experience as administrator of services used by customers (internal or external);
- Monitoring Systems and Observability Tools: Prometheus Grafana; ELK;
- CI/CD experience: Git GitLab, Bazel or Jenkins;
- DevOps SRE practices understanding, including common toolset, approaches, deployment strategies et cetera;
- IaaC: HashiCorp Terraform, CloudFormation;
- Public Clouds -Networking, Containers. DNS, other common public clouds services: computing, storages, billing, user management and roles control (AWS);
- Docker Kubernetes: near to CKA level;
- Networks: TCP/IP, NAT/PAT, HTTP(s), DNS;
- Basic experience with databases administration (MySQL or PostgreSQL);
- Automations: Python in Linux Administration;
- Understanding of Change Incident management processes
Kutumb is the first and largest communities platform for Bharat. We are growing at an exponential trajectory. More than 1 Crore users use Kutumb to connect with their community. We are backed by world-class VCs and angel investors. We are growing and looking for exceptional Infrastructure Engineers to join our Engineering team.
More on this here - https://kutumbapp.com/why-join-us.html
We’re excited if you have:
- Recent experience designing and building unified observability platforms that enable companies to use the sometimes-overwhelming amount of available data (metrics, logs, and traces) to determine quickly if their application or service is operating as desired
- Expertise in deploying and using open-source observability tools in large-scale environments, including Prometheus, Grafana, ELK (ElasticSearch + Logstash + Kibana), Jaeger, Kiali, and/or Loki
- Familiarity with open standards like OpenTelemetry, OpenTracing, and OpenMetrics
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Istio as the architecture on which the observability platform runs, and how they integrate and scale. Additionally, the ability to contribute improvements back to the joint platform for the benefit of all teams
- Demonstrated customer engagement and collaboration skills to curate custom dashboards and views, and identify and deploy new tools, to meet their requirements
- The drive and self-motivation to understand the intricate details of a complex infrastructure environment
- Using CICD tools to automatically perform canary analysis and roll out changes after passing automated gates (think Argo & keptn)
- Hands-on experience working with AWS
- Bonus points for knowledge of ETL pipelines and Big data architecture
- Great problem-solving skills & takes pride in your work
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems, with a focus on systems that are robust by design and suitably monitored
- Abstracting all of the above into as simple of an interface as possible (like Knative) so developers don't need to know about it unless they choose to open the escape hatch
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and build automation around the chosen tools to make onboarding new services easy for developers (dashboards, alerts, traces, etc)
- Demonstrate great communication skills in working with technical and non-technical audiences
- Contribute new open-source tools and/or improvements to existing open-source tools back to the CNCF ecosystem
Tools we use:
Kops, Argo, Prometheus/ Loki/ Grafana, Kubernetes, AWS, MySQL/ PostgreSQL, Apache Druid, Cassandra, Fluentd, Redis, OpenVPN, MongoDB, ELK
What we offer:
- High pace of learning
- Opportunity to build the product from scratch
- High autonomy and ownership
- A great and ambitious team to work with
- Opportunity to work on something that really matters
- Top of the class market salary and meaningful ESOP ownership
At Egnyte we build and maintain our flagship software: a secure content platform used by companies like Red Bull and Yamaha.
We store, analyze, organize, and secure billions of files and petabytes of data with millions of users. We observe more than 1M API requests per minute on average. To make that possible and to provide the best possible experience, we rely on great engineers. For us, people who own their work from start to finish are integral. Our Engineers are part of the process from design to code, to test, to deployment, and back again for further iterations.
We have 300+ engineers spread across the US, Poland, and India.
You will be part of our DevOps Team working closely with our DBA team in automating, monitoring, and scaling our massive MySQL cluster. Previous MySQL experience is a plus.
Your day-to-day at Egnyte
- Designing, building, and maintaining cloud environments (using Terraform, Puppet or Kubernetes)
- Migrating services to cloud-based environments
- Collaborating with software developers and DBAs to create a reliable and scalable infrastructure for our product.
- 2+ years of proven experience in a DevOps Engineer, System Administrator or Developer role, working on infrastructure or build processes
- Experience with databases (MySQL or Postgress or RDS/Aurora or others)
- Experience with public cloud services (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Good understanding of the Linux Operating System on the administration level
- Preferably you have experience with HA solutions: our tools of choice include Orchestrator, Proxysql, HAProxy, Corosync & Pacemaker, etc.
- Experience with metric-based monitoring solutions (Cloud: CloudWatch/Stackdriver, On-prem: InfluxDB/OpenTSDB/Prometheus)
- Drive to grow as a DevOps Engineer (we value open-mindedness and a can-do attitude)
Exp:8 to 10 years notice periods 0 to 20 days
Job Description :
- Provision Gcp Resources Based On The Architecture Design And Features Aligned With Business Objectives
- Monitor Resource Availability, Usage Metrics And Provide Guidelines For Cost And Performance Optimization
- Assist It/Business Users Resolving Gcp Service Related Issues
- Provide Guidelines For Cluster Automation And Migration Approaches And Techniques Including Ingest, Store, Process, Analyse And Explore/Visualise Data.
- Provision Gcp Resources For Data Engineering And Data Science Projects.
- Assistance With Automated Data Ingestion, Data Migration And Transformation(Good To Have)
- Assistance With Deployment And Troubleshooting Applications In Kubernetes.
- Establish Connections And Credibility In How To Address The Business Needs Via Design And Operate Cloud-Based Data Solutions
Key Responsibilities / Tasks :
- Building complex CI/CD pipelines for cloud native PaaS services such as Databases, Messaging, Storage, Compute in Google Cloud Platform
- Building deployment pipeline with Github CI (Actions)
- Building terraform codes to deploy infrastructure as a code
- Working with deployment and troubleshooting of Docker, GKE, Openshift, and Cloud Run
- Working with Cloud Build, Cloud Composer, and Dataflow
- Configuring software to be monitored by Appdynamics
- Configuring stackdriver logging and monitoring in GCP
- Work with splunk, Kibana, Prometheus and grafana to setup dashboard
Your skills, experience, and qualification :
- Total experience of 5+ Years, in as Devops. Should have at least 4 year of experience in Google could and Github CI.
- Should have strong experience in Microservices/API.
- Should have strong experience in Devops tools like Gitbun CI, teamcity, Jenkins and Helm.
- Should know Application deployment and testing strategies in Google cloud platform.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Excellent understanding of Java
- Knowledge on Kafka, ZooKeeper, Hazelcast, Pub/Sub is nice to have.
- Understanding of cloud networking, security such as software defined networking/firewalls, virtual networks and load balancers.
- Understanding of cloud identity and access
- Understanding of the compute runtime and the differences between native compute, virtual and containers
- Configuration and managing databases such as Oracle, Cloud SQL, and Cloud Spanner.
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies
- Awareness of critical concepts of Agile principles
- Certification in Google professional Cloud DevOps Engineer is desirable.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Familiar with Agile Team management tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Understand and promote Agile values: FROCC (Focus, Respect, Openness, Commitment, Courage)
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active team player
- Comfortable working in multi-disciplinary, self-organized teams
- Professional knowledge of English
- Differentiators : knowledge/experience about
Required qualifications and must have skills
5+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ infrastructure software engineers
5+ years of experience in building and scaling technical infrastructure
5+ years of experience in delivering software
Experience leading by influence in multi-team, cross-functional projects
Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management and managing engineers
Experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
Experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
Nice to have Skills
Experience with Hadoop, Hive and Presto
Application/infrastructure benchmarking and optimization
Familiarity with modern CI/CD practices
Familiarity with reliability best practices
- Works independently without any supervision
- Work on continuous improvement of the products through innovation and learning. Someone with a knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Experience in deploying highly complex, distributed transaction processing systems.
- Stay abreast with new innovations and the latest technology trends and explore ways of leveraging these for improving the product in alignment with the business.
- As a component owner, where the component impacts across multiple platforms (5-10-member team), work with customers to obtain their requirements and deliver the end-to-end project.
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer. Experience with the Golang cycle is a plus
- At least one End to End CI/CD Implementation experience
- Excellent Problem Solving and Debugging skills in DevOps area· Good understanding of Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Hands-on Build/Package tool experience· Experience with AWS services Glue, Athena, Lambda, EC2, RDS, EKS/ECS, ALB, VPC, SSM, Route 53
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipeline for Glue jobs, Athena, Lambda functions
- Experience architecting interaction with services and application deployments on AWS
- Experience with Groovy and writing Jenkinsfile
- Experience with repository management, code scanning/linting, secure scanning tools
- Experience with deployments and application configuration on Kubernetes
- Experience with microservice orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, Openshift, HashiCorp Nomad)
- Experience with time-series and document databases (e.g. Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Prometheus)
- Experience with message buses (e.g. Apache Kafka, NATS)
- Experience with key-value stores and service discovery mechanisms (e.g. Redis, HashiCorp Consul, etc)
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Ensure limited system failure and increase up-time and availability of the various company apps.
- Understand the current application infrastructure and strive for making it better.
- Automate infrastructure and develop tools and processes to improve the customer experience and reduce support time.
- Work closely with a team of developers and solution strategists to develop, deploy and troubleshoot the deployment and infrastructure issues.
- Manage full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon cloud-based computing environments.
- Set up a monitoring stack.
- Implement the application’s CI/CD pipeline using the AWS stack. Increasingly automate and improve the testing plans and development workflows and tools.
- Work closely with the engineers to design networks, systems, and storage environments that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements.
- Manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for the server-based technologies.
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment. Experience working in an Agile, fast-paced, DevOps environment.
- Support internal and external customers on multiple platforms.
- First point of contact for handling customer issues, providing guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- In addition to providing customer support, will be responsible for helping build tools and processes necessary for excellent customer outcomes.
- Experience with the core AWS services, plus the specifics mentioned in this job description.
- Experience working with at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, Kotlin or Java.
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows and hosted enterprise Git solutions like GitHub.
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems.
- Experience with. AWS EKS Kubernetes infrastructure setup.
- Experience creating Cloud Formation Template to create Auto Scaling Groups, Route 53, DNS, back-end database, Elastic load balancer, VPCs, Subnets, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, S3, IAM roles, RDS DB instances, and to provide those instances and configure those resources to work together reducing the manual effort.
- Experience in deploying and monitoring microservices on Kubernetes, AWS ECS, and AWS EKS
- Security aware and ensures that all systems are security standards-compliant.
- Good background in Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
- Minimum 3-5 years of cloud development experience, preferably AWS
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins preferred.
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
● Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
● Responsible for achieving automation & orchestration of tools(Puppet/Chef)
● Monitoring the product's security & health(Datadog/Newrelic)
● Managing and Maintaining databases(Mongo & Postgres)
● Automating Infrastructure using AWS services like CloudFormation
● Participating in Infrastructure Security Audits
● Migrating to Container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
● Should be able to work on serverless concepts (AWS Lambda)
● Should be able to work with AWS services like EC2, S3, Cloud-formation, EKS, IAM, RDS, ..etc
What you bring:
● Problem-solving skills that enable you to identify the best solutions.
● Team collaboration and flexibility at work.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills that will help in presenting complex ideas
● an accessible and engaging way.
● Ability to choose the best tools and technologies which best fits the business needs.
● Dynamic, diverse, inclusive startup environment driven by transparency and velocity
● Bright, open, sunny working environment and collaborative office space
● Convenient office locations in Redwood City, Hyderabad and Bangalore tech hubs
● Competitive salaries and company equity, and a focus on developing world class talent operations
● Comprehensive health insurance available (medical) for you and your family
● Unlimited leaves with manager approval and a 3 month paid sabbatical after 3 years of service
● CEO moonshots projects with cash awards every quarter
● Upskilling and learning support including via paid conferences, online courses, and certifications
● Every month Rupees 2,500 will be credited to Sudexo meal card