We are looking for a senior Mobile apps developer responsible for design, development,
and delivery of the new technology platform we are building. Your primary focus will be
development of low latency, highly engaging, and highly scalable mobile apps for ensuring
quality and security. We are looking for Engineers and Leaders who are passionate about
Mobile app development and want to be part of this exciting journey. Anyone with 5-15
years of experience would be best suited for the core team.
§ Deliver complex mobile applications for our next gen online course platform.
§ Drive technical leadership Design, Architect, and Develop New features and new
mobile Applications using Native IOS OR Android
§ Interact regularly with product management, designers, and other internal and
§ Create overall Mobile technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
§ Track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics
Skills And Qualifications
§ Min. 7 to 8 years of experience and expertise in designing and developing mobile apps
in iOS and Or Android
§ Designs complex systems at the component level, make strategic technology choices,
and directly supervise the quality of designs and implementation inside and between
components. Is hands-on and builds prototypes to prove out complex designs or new
§ Ability to architect, design and implement app features in coordination with the
backend and front end teams.
§ IOS: Swift, Objective-C, iOS core, Xcode, SwiftUI, and UIKit
§ Android: like Java/Kotlin
§ Hands on experience in Flutter is an added plus
§ Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git) and CICD
§ Ensures owned and related technologies meet rigorous standards and delivers against
both short and long business needs
- Hands-on experience with React Native is required
- Hands on experience on Android in creating Hybrid / Native applications
- Demonstrable UI/UX experience on a large-scale app.
- Thorough understanding of React Native development tools like IDEs (Nuclide, Atom, Sublime Text, or Visual
- Good knowledge of JS frameworks like ReactJS is a plus.
Desired Skills and Experience -
app is built on React Native platform with a common codebase for iOS and android. The
role requires developers to be comfortable with bleeding edge technology and be able to
work in a fast-paced environment.
Learning React-Native platform and able to develop features and debug. Understand product
requirements and owning execution of application features on the app.
Minimum 2 -years experience of developing native iOS/Android consumer facing application
with minimum of 10 thousand downloads.
● Fluent with usage of instrumentation and debugging tools on respective platforms
● Excellent understanding of software design and object-oriented programming principles.
● Experience on React-Native/React, Redux is a plus.
We are searching for a brilliant, flexible android developer to create novel apps that meet the needs of our target audience. To this end, the android developer's responsibilities include writing and proofreading code, liaising with coworkers within and outside of their department, and monitoring customers' feedback. Over time, you will also be required to create app updates. To ensure success as an android developer, you should demonstrate proficiency in one of the mainstream programming languages, and a sound understanding of the traditional product life cycle. An exceptional android developer will be fearless but respectful in the pursuit of excellence, continually striving to shape the ways in which Android apps impact the world around us.
- Writing clean and efficient codes for Android applications
- Proofreading your code and correcting mistakes before each app is released.
- Collaborating with UI and UX Designers, as well as Software Testers, to ensure that each app is presentable and in perfect working order.
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks, rectifying bugs and enhancing application performance
- Monitoring the performance of live apps and work on optimising them at the code level
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define and design new features
- Implementing measures to safeguard users' data.
- Ensuring that the construction and presentation of your apps are congruent with the company's standards.
- Monitoring app reviews to detect areas for improvement.
- Creating app updates, including bug fixes and additional features, for release.
- Staying up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
3+ experience as an app developer.
Proficient in Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
Knowledge of iOS back-end services.
Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines.
Proficient in code versioning tools including Mercurial, Git, and SVN.
Knowledge of C-based libraries.
Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging.
Experience with continuous integration
Only 10% of India speaks English and 90% speak over 25 languages and 1000s of dialects. The internet has largely been in English. A good part of India is now getting internet connectivity thanks to cheap smartphones and Jio. The non-English speaking internet users will balloon to about 600 million users out of the total 750 million internet users in India by 2020. This will make the vernacular segment one of the largest segments in the world - almost 2x the size of the US population. The vernacular segment has very few products that they can use on the internet.
One large human need is that of sharing thoughts and connecting with people of the same
community on the basis of language and common interests. Twitter serves this need globally but the experience is mostly in English. There’s a large unaddressed need for these vernacular users to express themselves in their mother tongue and connect with others from their community. Koo is a solution to this problem.
Koo was founded in March 2020, as a micro-blogging platform in both Indian languages and English, which gives a voice to the millions of Indians who communicate in Indian languages. Currently available in Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu, Koo enables people from across India to express themselves online in their mother tongues. In a country where under 10% of the population speaks English as a native language, Koo meets the need for a social media platform that can deliver an immersive language experience to an Indian user, thereby enabling them to connect and interact with each other. The recently introduced ‘Talk to Type’ enables users to leverage the voice assistant to share their thoughts without having to type. In August 2021, Koo crossed 10 million downloads, in just 16 months of launch. Since June 2021, Koo is available in Nigeria.
Koo is founded by veteran internet entrepreneurs – Aprameya Radhakrishna (CEO, Taxiforsure) and Mayank Bidawatka (Co-founder, Goodbox & Coreteam, redBus).
Technology Team & Culture
The technology team comprises sharp coders, technology geeks and guys who have been
entrepreneurs or are entrepreneurial and extremely passionate towards technology. Talent is coming from the likes of Google, Walmart, Redbus, Dailyhunt. Anyone being part of a
technology team will have a lot to learn from their peers and mentors. Download our android app and take a look at what we’ve built. Technology stack compromises of a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies like Kotlin, Java 15, Reactive Programming, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kubernetes, AWS, NodeJS, Python, ReactJS, Redis, Aerospike, ML, Deep learning etc. We believe in giving a lot of independence and autonomy to ownership-driven individuals.
Technology skill sets required
● Work Experience between 3 to 7 years in consumer facing high traffic (millions of
concurrent users) mobile applications with desire to work in growing fast paced
● Worked on applications from scratch. Well versed with building apps for various
screen density and sizes.
● Up to date on upcoming trends in ios and its ecosystem with respect to design,
● Experience on optimising all important parameters like network utilization, application
size and battery.
● Experience with reactive and asynchronous programming is highly preferred.
● Should have used mock frameworks, modular code design and popular design patterns.
- Own the delivery of multiple features of the product end to end while hands-on in development as well
- Advocate best development practices such as continuous integration/continuous delivery, automation (testing and infrastructure) and code modularity, extensibility, quality
- Adopt security- first approach in the product development and ensure automated and manual security checks in place across the delivery pipeline
- Lead by example and mentor other developers in the team both technically and professionally
- Support other Senior Product Engineers and contribute to their growth professionally
- Work with tech leads and the team to ensure shared technology vision and develop state of the art design and architecture for any product development
- Work with other functions such as testing, analysis, infra management, support to ensure faster delivery of products
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with broader team in order to share understanding of product functionality, features, and technology vision
- Look out for technology trends across the industry and apply relevant developments to the products
- Work with the decentralised application business owners to ensure their vision is realised through efficient technology and delivery timelines
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop personally and professional outside of the confinement of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Must have extensive hands on experiencing designing and building mobile applications on Android
- Must have excellent programming, debugging and scripting skills with a solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Must have ability to learn/iterate quickly in a rapidly changing technical stack with nascent codebase and developer tools
- Must possess a passion for delivery-focused development, and overcoming challenges through teamwork and self-motivation
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate technical vision and direction of the product and make significant impacts to technology and design choices
- Architectural design while leading and inspiring software development teams
- Leading development of large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Continuous integration tools and test automation
- Managing systems in production and understands release process, monitoring, and debugging
- Working and developing in agile environment working with XP/Scrum development practices
- Expertise in end to end Android development and release management
- Knowledge of software practices like refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, Encapsulation etc
- Hands on experience managing databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Exposure to event driven systems and event streaming engines like Kafka
- Good knowledge of DevOps tooling like docker, kubernetes, ansible/chef, AWS.
- Solid OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration
Job Title: IOS Engineer (Remote)
Remote Working | Engineering Team | Full-time
The Impact you will create on the Job:
Developing SDKs on IOS with support for cross-platform technologies like ReactNative, Flutter along with hybrid development over platforms like Cordova.
Apply data structures and algorithms to optimize the code for a lower memory, battery, and processing footprint - all with the goal to build plug-and-play SDKs that don’t expect the app developers to write any supporting code in the app.
You will be liaising with the cross-functional teams to get an in-depth understanding of the functional requirements and propose scalable solutions.
As an individual contributor, you will tackle some of our broadest technical challenges that requires deep technical knowledge, hands-on software development and seamless collaboration with all functions.
You will envision and develop features that are highly reliable and fault tolerant to deliver a superior customer experience.
You will get an opportunity to work with some of the best talent while learning from various highly-functional teams in the company.
You will collaborate with your team and set an example by delivering high quality and innovative engineering solutions for complex use cases.
Plan and execute the roadmap with the engineering team to build and deliver next-generation systems.
What we look for?
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/IT from premier institute.
2-4 years of industry experience in iOS development, with at least one live app on App Store.
Good knowledge of Objective-C, Swift 5, data structures and algorithms.
Fair understanding of Native Frameworks, specifically concurrency handling, data persistence (User Defaults, Keychain, Core Data), and background tasks.
Good understanding of iOS Frameworks related to UI and network.
Fair understanding of Apple’s concurrency handling, Core Data, and NS Operation classes.
Familiarity with developing UI with both XIB/Storyboard and code.
Good understanding of SDK integrations, debugging, and troubleshooting.
Interested in exploring mobile app development ecosystems like React Native, Cordova and Flutter.
Comfortable with tackling ambiguous problems and unblocking yourself.
Fair understanding of Push Notification ecosystem.
Skills: swift, objective-c, IOS, Swift 5
Are you an experienced app Developer with a growth mindset and looking to explore your skills in the ed-tech domain? Then read on.
Their unique features help tutors to create and manage live classes, manage attendance, fee collection, creating tests and quizzes as well as managing doubts of students. This is a platform that concentrates on learning from a teacher's perspective unlike other ed tech apps. Their app based on Software-As-A-Service business system will help to provide tutors with eCommerce access as well as Financial Aid to students.
- Identifying and solving performance bottlenecks.
- Identifying and communicating best practices for Android development.
- Working through the full project life-cycle to design, develop, test, implement, and support our Android apps applications using Android Studio and Java, Koltin, RxJava, MVVM, MVP.
What you need to have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
Experience: 2 to 6 years
Annual CTC: Rupees 8,00,000 to 15,00,000