The Database Developer will perform day-to-day database management, maintenance and troubleshooting by providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for diverse platforms including, but not limited to, MS SQL, Azure SQL, MySQL,
PostgreSQL and Amazon Redshift.
They are responsible for maintaining functional/technical support documentation
and operational documentation as well as reporting on performance metrics associated with job activity and platform
Must adhere to SLAs pertaining to data movement and provide evidence and supporting documentation for incidents that violate those SLAs.
Other responsibilities include API development and integrations via Azure
Functions, C# or Python.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Advanced problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced T-SQL scripting skills
• Query optimization and performance tuning familiarity with traces, execution plans and server
• SSIS package development and support
• PowerShell scripting
• Report visualization via SSRS, Power BI and/or Jupityr Nootbook
• Maintain functional/technical support documentation
• Maintain operational documentation specific to automated jobs and job steps
• Develop, implement and support user defined stored procedures, functions and (indexed) views
• Monitor database activities and provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 production support
• Provide functional and technical support to ensure performance, operation and stability of
• Manage data ingress and egress
• Track issue and/or project deliverables in Jira
• Assist in RDBMS patching, upgrades and enhancements
• Prepare database reports for managers as needed
• API integrations and development
• Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science
• Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or higher
• Working knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or Amazon Redshift
• C# and/or Python
• No Supervisory Responsibility/No Budget Responsibility
Level of Authority to Make Decisions
The Database Developers expedite issue resolution pursuant to the functional/technical documentation available.
Issue escalation is at their discretion and should result in additional functional/technical documentation for future
However, individual problem solving, decision making and performance tuning will constitute 75% of their time.
2. Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture. Basic understanding of front-end technologies
3. Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
4. Experience in creating and implementing REST APIsFamiliarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
5. Good understanding of both SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
6. A desire and interest to learn and work in the Docker ecosystem
7. Strong unit test and debugging skills
8. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
10. Basic knowledge of cloud technologies like Docker, Openstack, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, and Azure
Note: This job posting is for a full time effort for a 3-6 month contract period. There is an opportunity to get an employment offer depending on the performance in this contract period.
Learngram is a Singapore-based EdTech startup founded by IIT Alums and we are building an innovative online classroom platform designed from scratch that offers all the tools to make teaching and learning seamless, effective and fun. Our tech team is based out of Bengaluru and we are building a high-quality team of result-focused & innovative problem solvers.
Shirish Chandrakar – Co-Founder/CEO
Raman Kishore – Co-Founder/CTO
At Learngram, we are building an online teaching & learning platform with a large breadth to address live, non-live and collaborative parts of classroom interactions. We follow an extremely user focused product development approach to address the needs of teachers & students and bring them to a smooth classroom experience online, and in the process, elevate their effectiveness to a new level.
Learngram is a tech company in every sense with the tech product being the heart of the company with zero to minimal ops. Naturally, we are building a seemingly complex tech product with various moving parts having to seamlessly interact with each other at scale, and deliver the best experience to the users.
The Backend team at Learngram does the heavy lifting of architecting & continuously improving multiple backend services, their interactions, the database, live communication, file sharing, handling videos, lecture recordings, deployments, load testing, scaling & autoscaling, cost optimisation, long term strategies to re-architect the services, notifications, logging, caching and much more. The team ensures that the utility of a complex platform with all the intricacies is kept functional and intact at all times, with a small debug and response time in case of any issue & ensure a smooth and engaging experience for the users.
The Backend Developer role at Learngram requires you to be strong at backend architecture with a long term vision, excellent problem solving ability, a mindset to chase efficiency, writing extremely performant Apis & DB queries, logging & monitoring the whole system, very good at designing & implementing caching strategies for the services, experienced in handling production code bases, writing very maintainable & well architected code, comfortable using cloud servers and handling all releases and deployments, load testing, scaling & autoscaling applications with various strategies as they seem fit, using message queues to solve multiple problems and being comfortable with the interactions among different backend services.
This role at Learngram requires you to follow and innovate the product development process to ensure effective communication with various teams and efficient work environment. We also require you to be involved in creating healthy relationships within the team built on ownership, support & effective communication to keep the people-first culture of the company alive and enjoy creating with the team. A passion to be an early team member of a startup and build products ground up is crucial to keep the intensity and ownership culture within the team.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Backend architecture
- Backend development (Node/Python + Express/Flask)
- Websockets and real time communication
- Handling file storage and rendering at scale
- DB design and optimised querying
- Building well architected and low latency Apis
- Deployment on Cloud (AWS)
- Message Queuing (Kafka)
- Caching (Redis)
- Load testing, Scaling & Autoscaling
- Notifications & Analytics
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Effective communication across dev, QA, design & product teams
- WebRTC knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ years of experience in Backend Development
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and the familiarity of working with dev, QA, design and product teams
- Experienced in working on microservices architecture based code bases
- Experienced in handling production code & releases
- Experienced in load testing, scaling & autoscaling initiatives
- Ability to architect and build full-fledged complex features from scratch
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active and strong sense of ownership
You would mainly work on two types of applications: web app with a database background, and APIs that provide our existing software and data to mobile apps and other developers. You will design and architect our code and the way it works to support the front end. APIs are often used when developers or apps need to query our internal data, and they allow us to provide this data to the outside world. For instance, our app might pull a list of entries from QuickBooks API. You will read the API documentation and implement it on our website.
You should be able to design a full application from the ground up and ensure that code is efficient and properly written.
Are you a highly experienced, ambitious PHP Developer looking for a challenging role where you can learn lots more?
We are looking for a motivated PHP Developer to come join our fast-paced, fun and rewarding agile team of professionals.
If you are passionate about technology, constantly seeking to learn and improve skill set, then you are the type of person we are looking for!
We are offering superb career growth opportunities, great compensation, and benefits.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develop, record and maintain cutting-edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms
• Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
• Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
• Utilize backend data services and contribute to increasing existing data services API
• Lead the entire web application development lifecycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support
• Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
• Use test-driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality
• Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions
• Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
• Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
• Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as a liaison between development staff and project manager
• Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
PHP Developer requirements and qualifications
• Previous working experience as a PHP Developer for 2 years.
• BE/MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar relevant field
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
Position: Dot Net Developer
Job Title: Junior Software Engineer
Experience: 0 to 2 Years
- Programming Languages: C# or VB.NET
- Server-Side Technologies: ASP.NET / MVC
- Database: SQL Server
Knowledge on below concepts/technologies is an added advantage
- Cloud Platforms: Azure / Google
- NodeJS, Mongo DB
- Redis, RabitMQ, MQTT, Kafka
- Concept of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
Key Deliverables: Writing codes as per the requirement.
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development of web applications
- 5+ years of C# in a .NET environment
- Preferable Experience in Cloud Technologies (AWS, AZURE)
- Experience with MS SQL stored procedures, database design and optimization
- Experience developing and utilizing web services
- Experience with high volume consumer oriented web sites
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience with formal test procedures, release management
- Preferable Travel industry experience preferred, especially programming associated with GDS’s - SABRE, Farelogix, and Travelport
- Ability to distill complex business needs into functional requirements
- Excellent follow-up, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and an ability to make good decisions
- Team player with a professional attitude
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain tight schedules
- Ability to work effectively with a geographically dispersed team in India
Strategic and Development Responsibilities
- Ability to "think outside the box"
- Ability to provide accurate and timely project estimates.
- Experience with Angular JS frameworks and Mobile Development.
- Experience with developing machine learning algorithms.
- Experience on projects that required localization/globalization
- Experience with MS SQL Reporting Services
- Knowledge of web farm configuration and best practices
Required: MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server Management Studio, IIS, AWS
C#, Web Services, MS SQL (stored procedures), Jenkins, DevOps Tools.
EducationBachelor of Science in CS, MIS, or equivalent
4+years or more experienced in ASP.Net
Strong in ASP.NET/C#/SQL Server
Experience on MVC, WCF, WPF would be added advantage
Strong knowledge of software development best practices, particularly for design, coding, and testing
Excellent Experience in Software Development Methodologies
Good Understanding of Design patterns
Participated in Application Analysis and Design
Experience in the Database Design, writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, and Cursors
Experience in the documentation of the client requirements and Involved in providing Solutions to the Client
Involved in implementing and developing Web Services
Exposure to unit testing frameworks (MBUnit, NUnit)
Experience with build systems and concepts (TFS, Jenkins, CC.NET, NANT)
Experience in working with Source Code Control Systems TFS, Perforce, Source Safe, SVN, GIT
Extensive involvement and implementation of XML DOM objects in Front end application
Data Migration from Access to SQL Server using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Handling the team members and coordination with the client and team members regarding the requirement
Good communication skills
Ability to work on deadlines and schedule deliverables
Obsession with quality and customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with the ability to think abstractly
Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Laravel & Codeignitor Framework
- Have good database structures and algorithm platform
- Knowledge about OPP, MVC, RESTful
- Have experiences using GIT
- Use fluently one of relation database administration: Oracle, MySQL