Years of Experience – 2-3 years
Location – Flexible (Pune/Jaipur Preferred), India
At Clarista.io, we are driven to create a connected data world for enterprises, empowering their employees with the information they need to compete in the digital economy. Information is power, but only if it can be harnessed by people.
Clarista turns current enterprise data silos into a ‘Live Data Network’, easy to use, always available, with flexibility to create any analytics with controls to ensure quality and security of the information
Clarista is designed with business teams in mind, hence ensuring performance with large datasets and a superior user experience are critical to the success of the product
What You'll Do
You will be part of our data platform & data engineering team. As part of this agile team, you will work in our cloud native environment and perform following activities to support core product development and client specific projects:
• You will develop the core engineering frameworks for an advanced self-service data analytics product.
• You will work with multiple types of data storage technologies such as relational, blobs, key-value stores, document databases and streaming data sources.
• You will work with latest technologies for data federation with MPP (Massive Parallel Processing) capabilities
• Your work will entail backend architecture to enable product capabilities, data modeling, data queries for UI functionality, data processing for client specific needs and API development for both back-end and front-end data interfaces.
• You will build real-time monitoring dashboards and alerting systems.
• You will integrate our product with other data products through APIs
• You will partner with other team members in understanding the functional / nonfunctional\ business requirements, and translate them into software development tasks
• You will follow the software development best practices in ensuring that the code architecture and quality of code written by you is of high standard, as expected from an enterprise software
• You will be a proactive contributor to team and project discussions
Who you are
• Strong education track record - Bachelors or an advanced degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline from Indian Institute of Technology or equivalent premium institute.
• 2-3 years of experience in Big Data and Data Engineering.
• Strong knowledge of advanced SQL, data federation and distributed architectures
• Excellent Python programming skills. Familiarity with Scala and Java are highly preferred
• Strong knowledge and experience in modern and distributed data stack
components such as the Spark, Hive, airflow, Kubernetes, docker etc.
• Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Azure) and native cloud technologies for data storage and data processing
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Blobs, MongoDB etc.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Dataflow, Dataproc etc.
• Experience with Big Data processing and performance optimization
• Should know how to write modular and optimized code.
• Should have good knowledge around error handling.
• Fair understanding of responsive design and cross-browser compatibility issues.
• Experience versioning control systems such as GIT
• Strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Self-starter, continuous learner.
Good to have some exposure to
• Start-up experience is highly preferred
• Exposure to any Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Tableau, Dundas, Power BI etc.
• Agile software development methodologies.
• Working in multi-functional, multi-location teams
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
• Be an integral part of the founding team. You will work directly with the founder
• Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
• Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
• Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
• Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
• Business knowledge of multiple sectors
Responsibilities: Plan, build, configure, and optimize public cloud infrastructure for high performance, scalable and reliable customer experience Lead, motivate, and scale a highly diverse team. Introduce scalable, repeatable processes that help the team deliver a high-quality product. Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor. Recruit, mentor, and develop world-class engineers and engineering managers. Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software. Lead root cause analysis and collaborate with Engineering to build instrumentation into our stack to understand real-time performance characteristics Qualifications: 5+ years of experience working with kubernetes Experience working with linux containers Familiarity with the google cloud environment Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence. Demonstrated ability to build and scale world-class engineering teams. Proven track record of leading engineering teams working on large-scale, highly-distributed Cloud products and services. Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes. Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
What is the role?
Expected to manage the product plan, engineering, and delivery of Plum Integration activities. Plum is a rewarding and incentive infrastructure for businesses. It's a unified integrated suite of products to handle various rewarding use cases for consumers, sales, channel partners, and employees. 31% of the total tech team is aligned towards this product and comprises 32 members within Plum Tech, Quality, Design, and Product management. The annual FY 2019-20 revenue for Plum was $ 40MN and is showing high growth potential this year as well. The product has a good mix of both domestic and international clientele and is expanding. The role will be based out of our head office in Bangalore, Karnataka however we are open to discuss the option of remote working with 25 - 50% travel.
- Scope and lead technology with the right product and business metrics.
- Directly contribute to product development by writing code if required.
- Architect systems for scale and stability.
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across disciplines like sales, customers, product, design, and customer success.
- Code reviews and feedback.
- Build simple solutions and designs over complex ones and have a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable.
- Define a process for maintaining a healthy engineering culture (Cadence for one-on-ones, meeting structures, HLDs, Best Practices In development, etc.).
What are we looking for?
- Manage a senior tech team of more than 5 direct and 10 indirect developers.
- Should have experience in handling e-commerce applications at scale.
- Should have experience working with applications like HubSpot salesforce and other CRM.
- Should have experience in B2B integrations.
- Should have at least 10+ years of experience in software development, agile processes for international e-commerce businesses.
- Should be extremely hands-on, with an Automate as much as possible mind set full-stack developer.
- Should exhibit skills to build a good engineering team and culture.
- Should be able to handle the chaos with product planning, prioritizing, customer-first approach.
- Technical proficiency
- Frameworks like React, React Native, Node.js, GraphQL
- Databases technologies like Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka
- Dev ops to manage and architect infra - AWS, CI/CD (Jenkins)
- System Architecture w.r.t Microservices, Cloud Development, DB Administration, Data Modeling
- Understanding of security principles and possible attacks and mitigate them.
Whom will you work with?
You will lead the Plum Integration Engineering team and work in close conjunction with the Tech leads of Plum with some cross-functional stake with other products. Your will report to the CTO directly.
What can you look for?
Merito is a curated talent platform where we identify, assess, and connect candidates for matching job opportunities. We are working with the mission to change the way hiring is done. The company is founded by a team of alumni from IIM Ahmedabad, McKinsey will more than 2 decades of experience in recruitment, training, and coaching.
Our client is a Full-Funnel Programmatic Marketing platform of choice for leading digital marketers globally across CPG, Tech, B2B, Retail, Travel, BFSI, Gaming, Autos, Telco, Real Estate, Education and other industry verticals.
Our client empowers businesses to engage with their customers and audiences through all stages of the marketing funnel:
1. Brand awareness
3. Remarketing, and
4. Re-engagement, including reselling, up-selling and audience monetization.
We transform Data into Actionable Insights and ROI for Marketers.
We are pioneers in the Programmatic Ad tech space, and are ranked in the Top 20 Digital Marketing Providers by CIO Review.
We are a mix of industry veterans from top B schools and a bright young team of marketers, data scientists and analysts. If you are looking for a great team to work with and make a career for yourself in AdTech, this might be the right place for you!
Job Description – Principal Architect
We are looking for a Principal Architect to lead our tech team as a leader (without necessarily being a manager). If you are hands-on (do not shy away from active coding when required) and are motivated by the joy of creating scalable products that drive industry leadership, please read on.
- You should have 8+ years of quality experience in building scalable digital products/platforms with some experience in big data analytics and engineering.
- Extensive experience in Linux stack and cloud technologies, and Python ecosystem.
- It's ok if you don't have good answers, but to have smart questions that uncover risks and opportunities, you need the depth that comes with willingness and capability to be hands-on. Do you still code? Do you love to code? Do you love to roll up your sleeves and debug things?
- Do you enjoy going deep into that part of the 'full stack' that you are not an expert of?
Here is a bit about our values and beliefs
Our core values are 1) Transparency, 2) Bias for Action, 3) Persistence with Adaptability, 4) Curiosity and 5) Humility. We believe that successful people have more failures than average people have attempts. And that success needs the creative mindset to deal with ambiguities when you start, the persistence and humility to iterate and course correct, and the courage to handle failure and rise up again.
What we look for in our people
- We look for people who are initiative driven, and not interruption driven. The ones who challenge the status quo with humility and candor, but not arrogance.
- We believe startup managers and leaders are great individual contributors too, and that there is no place for context free leadership.
- We believe that the curiosity and persistence to learn new skills and nuances, and to apply the smartness in different contexts matter more than just academic knowledge.
- Fixed Salary + ESOP
- Insurance for family
- Company meals
- Company events
Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Manager
This role requires a person to drive the engineering of our cloud infrastructure by aligning with various stakeholders, advising teams on Cloud Solutions, and building and upskilling a team to aid in this.
- Continuously engage with various stakeholders within Porter, understand their requirements, design and continuously evolve the overall Cloud Infrastructure strategy for Porter to meet the overall goals of the company
- Work with application developers to design scalable, robust systems using cloud native architecture principles and help them achieve their operational goals
- Understand needs of data analysis stakeholders and help design data
- infrastructure to meet them.
- Speak with Business leaders to align the team’s road map with business goals like International Expansion, Cost Reduction, goals, etc.
- Engage with legal counterparts to ensure Porter meets its compliance
- obligations, especially in terms of security and privacy.
Cloud Platform Solutions
- Identify common cloud requirements, build platform services to solve them and drive adoption across other teams
- Maintain reliable infrastructure for our servers to run on
- Identify Infrastructure-as-Code tools and educate application teams to provision cloud infrastructure
- Build and maintain convenient CI / CD infrastructure requiring minimal effort from application developers to get their code to production reliably
- Drive adoption of observability platforms for application visibility to help
- application developers have complete visibility of their applications - logging, tracing and metrics.
Security & Privacy
- Ensure security of all cloud infrastructure resources and data owned by Porter.
- Ensure secure networking for all service communication, auditable data
- movement and data access
- Setup ease to use Access Control management and ensure adherence
- Drive security best practices in every stage of application development
- Ensure secure data storage ensure compliance with privacy laws and secure data access to prevent data leaks
- Empower Data Analysis teams to easily discover and communicate Business Insights by providing the right infrastructure to solve their pain points
- Setup data infrastructure on which data pipelines can be set up to ingest data from application databases to a Data Lake
- Provide reporting and visualization tools to our Data team to leverage this and provide Business Insights
- Build and lead a team of highly motivated engineers consisting of Cloud Engineers, SREs and InfoSec.
- Manage a team of upto 10 - 12 members
- Develop a culture of ownership and empathy within the team
- Set clearly defined responsibilities of various roles and at various levels
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their growth paths and train them.
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of
the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.
Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with operations in 14 major cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 50k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada, Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We’re trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of the supply chain. At Porter, we’re here to do the best work of our lives.
If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Company URL: https://porter.in/
- Cloud Infrastructure experience (preferably AWS) >= 8-9 years
- Experience managing a technical team of at least 3 people
- Experience with git, CI / CD, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Experience in working with immutable infrastructure, policy as code and infrastructure as code (Terraform, etc).
- Strong Linux Shell scripting experience
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in the cloud native, container orchestration, gitops and observability spaces
- Experience with *nix systems, network protocols, dns and configuration management tools
- Experience with one of the programming languages like Python, Java, etc.
- Investigate technologies and solutions which help the team achieve deliverables and results.
- Working with business process analysts and technical leads to derive conceptual designs and solutions.
- Assisting project managers with sizing estimates and work-breakdown structures.
- Develop and unit test software within teams of varied sizes and geographical distributions.
- Benchmarking and load testing developed modules and integrated applications.
- Assisting quality assurance team in the conduct of solution testing.
- Documenting software specifications and requirements.
- Working with infrastructure teams to define and establish application environments and implementation of software applications.
- Provide post-implementation support for developed software applications and solutions.
Measures of Success:
- The delivery of software solutions that meets requirements and are within budget and project timeline.
- Achieves good quality development metrics and standards that are aligned with industry best practices.
- Knowledge of General Open System / Distributed systems platforms
- Knowledge of cloud service like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience in developing and implementing Restful APIs
- Good understanding of Network ports/Transfer protocols.
- Ability to process/analyze large amounts of data and logs.
- UI and Backend Development experience (Full stack).
- Experienced in structured and agile development methodologies.
- Experienced in load testing and benchmarking tools such as JMeter, Loadrunner, etc.
- Experienced in Linux-based database technology and versed with stored procedures.
- Experienced in web services developments using XML, SOAP, JSON.
- Knowledge of application security setup using common security standards like SSL, TLS, secured ciphers, etc.
- Experienced with software versioning control using GIT.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with a desire to design and develop top quality software products.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Minimum 4 years of experience
An Engineering manager is responsible for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled. They are responsible for solving any engineering issue that comes up in a project. One of the most important skills that an engineering manager will have been their ability to effectively delegate the work. Their responsibilities usually include researching and developing new designs and products, proposing budgets for projects, and overseeing all the activities related to each project. Influences top management internally & externally (industry) to accept new ideas. Creates and conceptualizes solutions to Artivatic in specific discipline.
Objective of the position:
The objective of role revolves around creating processes and designs, as well as maintenance and operations duties in a variety of different disciplines. As an engineering manager, you must believe in the product and want to make it better to investigate, propose, and manage new product development efforts or product updates. You will be able to work with different teams (e.g. product, marketing, sales team) to drive product directions design, and development.
Role and Responsibilities:
-Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality
-Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption
-Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
-Architecting and engineering solutions which can meet the requirement of unknown customer buying off the shelf products
-Engage with product management and CXO team to drive the functionality, usability and other non-functional requirements and hence the solution for the same
-Ensure on-time launches by managing design, development, and integration efforts according to a standard or customized project plan
-Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
-Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision
-Be responsible for mentoring and developing front-line managers and engineers.
Mandatory traits/ skills
- Deep understanding of enterprise-grade technologies
- Ability to handle entire lifecycle of project Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Worked on Tech stack right from UI UX designing, Front End, Backend, Devops and Testing
- Hands on experience in Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis, specially about Python/Django/REST, etc
- Hands on experience in Front End technologies like Angular
- Understanding of Devops tools: Cloud Architecture, Jenkins & Docker
- Hands on experience in Testing tools (Python or Java with Selenium)
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- -Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- -Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience. Engaging and influencing peers and executives
- -A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- -Being a strong leader, mentor, and people manager
Vision : Bikayi helps small to medium sized businesses go online and scale their businesses. Bikayi merchants are selling various things from groceries to apparels and electronic items.
Scale : We are very close to grossing a GMV of 1B dollars on an annual basis. Probably one of your neighbourhood shops is using Bikayi to sell online.
Fuel : Monetizing the product from early days we have a solid business model and our revenue numbers are growing at a healthy pace. Apart from this we are funded by top investors in the world like Sequoia capital and Ycombinator.
People : We have a culture which gives you a lot of challenges to solve and at the same time get high rewards.
- Work towards Improving the architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
- Recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Setup Architecture and Design guidelines for the platforms for multi-country roll-outs
- Develop and Define Architecture Standards
- Develop and Define Application Architecture Standards
- Own your product : You will be responsible for the success / failure of your team and the product. You will need to work with cross functional teams, understand their requirements and make sure that everybody is on the same page.
- Development of your team : Making sure that engineers under you are growing in their careers and getting better are software development everyday.
- Design & Architecture : You need to have technical expertise in the company's tech stack and in general the frontend or backend infrastructures, have ability to guide the developers in case there are any blockers.
- Past experience of working for tier 1 / vc funded companies.
- Past experience of handling a team of at least 5+ developers.
- Continuous past experience of delivering products at a steady pace.
- Knowledge in Node JS
- Hands-on in Webpack, ES6, Typescript
- Strong working experience in Single Page, Building micro frontend apps, Progressive Web Apps, Server-Side Rendering using React.js
- Hands-on experience in the React ecosystem like Redux, React Router etc.
- Experience in Team Management.
- Lead technical design discussions and review design to make sure design is aligned with Architecture.
- Setup and maintain standard developer guidelines for the development team
- Hands-on experience with automated test frameworks like Jasmine, Jest, Mocha, enzyme etc. And experience in promoting the values of unit tests, integration tests, and CI/CD automation
- Hands-on experience in maintaining Web Vitals
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead one of our key product engineering teams. This role will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be responsible for successful execution of the company's business mission through development of cutting-edge software products and solutions.
- As an owner of the product you will be required to plan and execute the product road map and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
- You will have to collaborate with Product Management and Implementation teams and build a commercially successful product.
- You will be responsible to recruit & lead a team of highly skilled software engineers and provide strong hands on engineering leadership.
- Requirement deep technical knowledge in Software Product Engineering using Java/J2EE, Node.js, React.js, fullstack, NosqlDB, mongodb, cassandra, neo4j, elastic search, kibana, elk, kafka, redis, docker, kubernetes, apache, solr, activemq, rabbitmq, spark, scala, sqoop, hbase, hive, websocket, webcrawler, springboot, etc. is a must
16+ years of experience in Software Engineering with at least 5+ years as an engineering leader in a software product company.
- Hands-on technical leadership with proven ability to recruit high performance talent
- High technical credibility - ability to audit technical decisions and push for the best solution to a problem.
- Experience building E2E Application right from backend database to persistent layer.
- Experience UI technologies Angular, react.js, Node.js or fullstack environment will be preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j, Dynamodb, etc.)
- Elastic Search, Kibana, ELK, Logstash.
- Experience in developing Enterprise Software using Agile Methodology.
- Good understanding of Kafka, Redis, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Solr etc.
- SaaS cloud-based platform exposure.
- Experience on Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Ownership E2E design development and also quality enterprise product/application deliverable exposure
- A track record of setting and achieving high standards
- Strong understanding of modern technology architecture
- Key Programming Skills: Java, J2EE with cutting edge technologies
- Excellent team building, mentoring and coaching skills are a must-have
Five Reasons Why You Should Join Zycus
- Cloud Product Company: We are a Cloud SaaS Company and our products are created by using the latest technologies like ML and AI. Our UI is in Angular JS and we are developing our mobile apps using React.
- A Market Leader: Zycus is recognized by Gartner (world’s leading market research analyst) as a Leader in Procurement Software Suites.
- Move between Roles: We believe that change leads to growth and therefore we allow our employees to shift careers and move to different roles and functions within the organization
- Get a Global Exposure: You get to work and deal with our global customers.
- Create an Impact: Zycus gives you the environment to create an impact on the product and transform your ideas into reality. Even our junior engineers get the opportunity to work on different product features.
Zycus is a pioneer in Cognitive Procurement software and has been a trusted partner of choice for large global enterprises for two decades. Zycus has been consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester, and other analysts for its Source to Pay integrated suite. Zycus powers its S2P software with the revolutionary Merlin AI Suite. Merlin AI takes over the tactical tasks and empowers procurement and AP officers to focus on strategic projects; offers data-driven actionable insights for quicker and smarter decisions, and its conversational AI offers a B2C type user-experience to the end-users.
Zycus helps enterprises drive real savings, reduce risks, and boost compliance, and its seamless, intuitive, and easy-to-use user interface ensures high adoption and value across the organization.
Start your #CognitiveProcurement journey with us, as you are #MeantforMore.
Click here to Apply :
Director of Engineering - Zycus (workable.com) - Bengaluru.
- Build and Lead multiple teams of notch engineers to own, drive & deliver critical parts of our products.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Set up the organization & processes to enable timely delivery of projects with high quality.
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption.
- Oversee Architecture & design of technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing front line managers and engineers.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field from Premium Institutes
- 5+ years of work experience in software development and 1-2 years as a leadership role.
- Deep Understanding of enterprise grade technologies.
- Experience in Node.Js, Java, Python tech stack.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strong object oriented concepts. Experience in structure object oriented modelling with preferred expertise in using tools like Enterprise Architect or similar. Experience in working with TOGAF standards is preferred.
- Experience in architecting the technical scale and scope of high volume, scalable enterprise software solutions including logical and physical landscape requirements with specific attention to design, development, and deployment strategies
- Capability to adapt, learn and work with multiple technology platforms.
- Knowledge in Application Security including Information security principles & realization, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance ( Security Design & Technology Skills )
- In depth knowledge and experience in large scale database management, data modelling and database design in RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Experience in recommending and implementing DevOps tools for enterprise projects.
- Capability to evaluate tools, technologies and processes, including assessing their strategic benefit in the solution.
- Willingness to work hands-on with engineers to review, troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently.
- Expertise in following technologies – ASP.Net MVC, Web API, ASP.Net Core, Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core, ASP.Net Identity, REST
- Experience in implementing various application deployment models and monitoring the server infrastructure using industry standard tools.
- Experience in docker based deployment models.
- Experience in architecting, developing and deploying cloud based (One or more among AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) enterprise solutions.
- Experience in designing and developing micro-services based applications.
- Experience in designing and developing solutions with TDD (Test Driven Development)