Creates, modifies, and maintains software applications individually or as part of a team. Provides technical leadership on a team, including training and mentoring of other team members. Provides technology and architecture direction for the team, department, and organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops software applications and supporting infrastructure using established coding standards and methodologies
- Sets example for software quality through multiple levels of automated tests, including but not limited to unit, API, End to End, and load.
- Self-starter and self-organized - able to work without supervision
- Develops tooling, test harnesses and innovative solutions to understand and monitor the quality of the product
- Develops infrastructure as code to reliably deploy applications on demand or through automation
- Understands cloud managed services and builds scalable and secure applications using them
- Creates proof of concepts for new ideas that answer key questions of feasibility, desirability, and viability
- Work with other technical leaders to establish coding standards, development best practices and technology direction
- Performs thorough code reviews that promote better understanding throughout the team
- Work with architects, designers, business analysts and others to design and implement high quality software solutions
- Builds intuitive user interfaces with the end user persona in mind using front end frameworks and styling
- Assist product owners in backlog grooming, story breakdown and story estimation
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders throughout the organization
- Document software changes for use by other engineers, quality assurance and documentation specialists
- Master the technologies, languages, and practices used by the team and project assigned
- Train others in the technologies, languages, and practices used by the team
- Trouble shoot, instrument and debug existing software resolving root causes of defective behavior
- Guide the team in setting up the infrastructure in the cloud.
- Setup the security protocols for the cloud infrastructure
- Works with the team in setting up the data hub in the cloud
- Create dashboards for the visibility of the various interactions between the cloud services
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Mastered advanced programming concepts, including object oriented programming
- Mastered technologies and tools utilized by team and project assigned
- Able to train others on general programming concepts and specific technologies
- Minimum 8 years’ experience developing software applications
- Must be expert in advanced programming skills and database technology
- Must be expert in at least one technology and/or language and proficient in multiple technologies and languages:
- (Specific languages needed will vary based on development department or project)
- Additional desired skills:
- Single-Page Applications, Angular (v9), Ivy, RXJS, NGRX, HTML5, CSS/SASS, Web Components, Atomic Design
- Test First approach, Test Driven Development (TDD), Automated testing (Protractor, Jasmine), Newman Postman, artillery.io
- Microservices, Terraform, Jenkins, Jupyter Notebook, Docker, NPM, Yarn, Nuget, NodeJS, Git/Gerrit, LaunchDarkly
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Lambda, S3, Cognito, Step Functions, SQS, IAM, Cloudwatch, Elasticache
- Database Design, Optimization, Replication, Partitioning/Sharding, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elastic Search, PySpark, Kafka
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban, DevSecOps
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to track software issues to successful resolution
- Ability to work in a collaborative fast paced environment
- Setting up complex AWS data storage hub
- Well versed in setting up infrastructure security in the interactions between the planned components
- Experienced in setting up dashboards for analyzing the various operations in the AWS infra setup.
- Ability to learn new development language quickly and apply that knowledge effectively
About Greenway Health
Role – Sr. Devops Engineer
Location - Bangalore
Experience 5+ Years
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Planning the team structure, activities, and involvement in project management activities.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Incidence management and root cause analysis.
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- 5-6 years of relevant experience in a Devops role.
- Good knowledge in cloud technologies such as AWS/Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes experience (Mandatory) and good knowledge in Docker.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- Good knowledge in complex Debugging mechanisms (especially JVM) and Java programming experience (Mandatory)
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux operating system environments
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in managing AWS resources and automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong scripting skills in PowerShell, Python or Bash be able to build and administer CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of infrastructure tools like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible.
- Experience with microservices and/or event-driven architecture.
- Experience using containerization technologies (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos or Vagrant).
- Strong practical Windows and Linux system administration skills in the cloud.
- Understanding of DNS, NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols.
- Knowledge of secure SDLC, OWASP top 10 and CWE/SANS top 25.
- Deep understanding of Web Sockets and their functioning. Hands on experience of ElasticCache, Redis, ECS or EKS. Installation, configuration and management of Apache or Nginx web server, Apache/Tomcat Application Server, configure SSL certificates, setup reverse proxy.
- Exposure to RDBMS (MySQL, SQL Server, Aurora, etc.) is a plus.
- Exposure to programming languages like JAVA, PHP, SQL is a plus.
- AWS Developer or AWS SysOps Administrator certification is a plus.
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification experience is a plus.
- Experience building Blue/Green, Canary or other zero down time deployment strategies, advanced understanding of VPC, EC2 Route53 IAM, Lambda is a plus.
- Develop and Maintain IAC using Terraform and Ansible
- Draft design documents that translate requirements into code.
- Deal with challenges associated with scale.
- Assume responsibilities from technical design through technical client support.
- Manage expectations with internal stakeholders and context-switch in a fast paced environment.
- Thrive in an environment that uses Elasticsearch extensively.
- Keep abreast of technology and contribute to the engineering strategy.
- Champion best development practices and provide mentorship
An AWS Certified Engineer with strong skills in
- Terraform o Ansible
- *nix and shell scripting
- Circle CI
- Prometheus and Grafana
- Challenges of scale
- Production support
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Demonstrable desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Mature collaboration and mentoring abilities.
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience in a DevOps role.
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services or equivalent cloud platforms.
- Implement DevOps Industry best practices and the application of procedures to achieve a continuously deployable system
- Continuously improve and increase the capabilities of the CI/CD pipeline
- Support engineering teams in the implementation of life-cycle infrastructure solutions and documentation operations in order to meet the engineering departments quality and standards
- Participate in production outages and handle complex issues and works towards resolution
- Have 3+ years of experience in Python development
- Be familiar with common database access patterns
- Have experience with designing systems and monitoring metrics, looking at graphs.
- Have knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment.
- Be able to communicate in English at a native speaking and writing level.
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members.
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
● Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
● Responsible for achieving automation & orchestration of tools(Puppet/Chef)
● Monitoring the product's security & health(Datadog/Newrelic)
● Managing and Maintaining databases(Mongo & Postgres)
● Automating Infrastructure using AWS services like CloudFormation
● Participating in Infrastructure Security Audits
● Migrating to Container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
● Should be able to work on serverless concepts (AWS Lambda)
● Should be able to work with AWS services like EC2, S3, Cloud-formation, EKS, IAM, RDS, ..etc
What you bring:
● Problem-solving skills that enable you to identify the best solutions.
● Team collaboration and flexibility at work.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills that will help in presenting complex ideas
● an accessible and engaging way.
● Ability to choose the best tools and technologies which best fits the business needs.
● Dynamic, diverse, inclusive startup environment driven by transparency and velocity
● Bright, open, sunny working environment and collaborative office space
● Convenient office locations in Redwood City, Hyderabad and Bangalore tech hubs
● Competitive salaries and company equity, and a focus on developing world class talent operations
● Comprehensive health insurance available (medical) for you and your family
● Unlimited leaves with manager approval and a 3 month paid sabbatical after 3 years of service
● CEO moonshots projects with cash awards every quarter
● Upskilling and learning support including via paid conferences, online courses, and certifications
● Every month Rupees 2,500 will be credited to Sudexo meal card