Hiring for Anahad Pharmacy (Division of HelpNow)
Anahad is India’s fastest growing chain of branded pharmacies and e-pharmacy, started and run by IIT Bombay Alumni.
At Anahad, our mission is to make genuine medicines reach EVERY INDIAN HOUSEHOLD at Wholesale prices, by leveraging the efficiencies of technology. Working on an audacious mission it becomes important to have people who are smarter than you around. We are funded by the earliest investors of Uber, SpaceX and some of the coolest investors of Silicon Valley, India and Japan and now want YOU to join our mission.
Anahad aims to consolidate and build a household brand in a largely unorganised market worth more than 1.5 Lakh Crore. We are looking for dynamic Pharma professionals who are striving to grow fast and create an identity for themselves in the Pharma industry.
About this role
We’re seeking a Head of Engineering to work closely with our technical team and engineers to design and scale our product infrastructure and architecture. You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, AI, product management, QA, design, operations and sales to lead the technology vision and direction.
This role reports directly to the CEO and will involve working closely with him and the product team to refine and iterate on the product and engineering roadmaps.
- 6-10 years of architecture, software design, engineering, and implementation experience in a complex and fast-moving early stage start-up environment.
- Strong expertise in systems architecture and a service based codebase.
- Strong expertise in designing highly available, fault-tolerant, scalable systems.
- Experience building and leading engineering teams that took products from idea to launch (0 to 1), and launch to scale (1 to 10).
- Strong communication and leadership abilities especially in the current remote environment.
- Strong developer who can give the best in their team a run for their money!
- A passion for building impactful products.
- Deep knowledge of backend and frontend technologies such as NodeJS, Java, PHP (Laravel), Postgres/MySQL, ReactJS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with mobile development: Android and/or React Native.
Building the Engineering Team and Culture
The power of a good engineering leader is to build out the engineering team and set a start-up’s engineering culture, especially when the organization gets to the size where that middle layer of management is required. A strong head of engineering should therefore be able to determine who will be good leads for the team, hire them, and be able to groom that skill set over time.
Not only the ability to execute, but the leader’s role prior to development is also critical to the product-planning phase. While product management/marketing will provide insight into the features, market size, pricing etc. the engineering leadership needs to provide feedback into the resources (headcount, equipment, etc.) needed to deliver by a given date. An engineering leader brings sanity to this process with a unified view of broader objectives.
Ultimately, the output of any engineering organization is the product. A well-functioning organization will not only build a high-quality product, but also hit pre-determined dates and accurately forecast updates to the timeline as it changes. One has to have a command of the software development process, and ensure the correct process is in place and followed.
When a product launch goes right and catches the world on fire, the feedback from the market can be overwhelming. Even with marginal success, engineering will be inundated with customer escalations, feature requests etc. All of this must be addressed while continuing to drive the product forward. A hallmark of a strong engineering leader is to maintain composure while navigating this chaos.
Why you’ll LOVE this job
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done and having fun. Not to mention that you’ll get to work on a product that is making a profoundly positive impact on people’s lives. We also provide an outstanding training ground for aspiring entrepreneurs. We can promise:
- You will be a part of founding team and work closely with the founders on the vision
- We care about you. We offer competitive health insurance for employees.
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
Commensurate with experience (Cash + Bonus + Equity).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance as well hands on management for all product development within the company.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of 7+ engineers.
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Define standards & best practices to support agile development processes.
- Plan, track and estimate product development activities.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or customer requirements as per the product and/or marketing requirements document.
- Ensure that the product is fully and correctly defined and documented.
- Grow the internal information technology development organization; manage and recruit a multi- disciplinary high-performance technology team
- Ensure implementation of formal processes to support the product development process.
- Passionate about automated testing: Manage / drive testing - unit tests, system tests, regression.
- Act as a primary Interface with senior management and operations team.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- B.E / B.Tech / Masters
- Min. 8+yrs experience.
- Good communication & analytical skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Total industry experience of 4+ years building scalable and distributed software products and infrastructure.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on development experience on Python/PHP/ Java and Internet technologies with a track record of solid technical accomplishments.
- Prior experience in fast-paced/agile environments with high quality execution and solid track record of building technology teams/processes and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated management in end-to-end delivery of large IT projects - from design, estimation, planning / tracking, testing to production support
- Out of the box thinker Must be a key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Solid technical fundamentals, ability to convert business requirements into technical design for web-based applications
- Good knowledge of SOA Methodology and Governance.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies to meet the changing demands of scalability and usage.
A BIT ABOUT US
Appknox is one of the top Mobile Application security companies recognized by Gartner and G2. We are a profitable B2B SaaS startup headquartered in Singapore & working from Bengaluru.
The primary goal of Appknox is to help businesses and mobile developers secure their mobile applications with a focus on delivery speed and high-quality security audits.
Our customers include Fortune 500 companies with Major brands spread across regions like India, South-East Asia, Middle-East, Japan, US, and expanding rapidly.
We are looking for a trustworthy and proactive Technical Engineering Manager with 8+ years engineering experience and proven leadership skills.
To be successful as an engineering manager, you should have exceptional foresight and great communication skills. You need to have working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another, and an experience in identifying and managing risks.
Experience or knowledge on the security domain is good to have but not mandatory for this position.
As a core team member, you will be setting the culture that the entire team will follow in the future. You will set incredibly high standards to yourself and to hire exceptional people who enjoy pushing themselves to perform at the highest level everyday.
- Supervising the work of multiple teams.
- Planning projects and executing them to completion on time.
- Building the engineering team by hiring exceptional people.
- Hiring and managing contract employees.
- Identifying training and talent development needs and executing them to ensure the team is performing at its peak.
- Ensuring products have the support of upper management.
- Guiding team members of different experience levels by delegating responsibilities and coaching them with their work.
- Defining engineering processes, ensuring they are followed and constantly learning and optimizing them.
- Having 8+ years of experience overall with at least 5+ years’ experience designing and building software applications
- Proven supervisory and technical skills.
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms like Python/NodeJS.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in designing for performance, scalability, fault tolerance and high availability
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles and agile methodologies
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
Within 1 month
Within 3 months
Within 6 months
Personality traits we really admire :-
- We want to surround ourselves with people driven to do the right things and act with integrity even when no one is looking.
- Confident and dynamic working persona, which can bring fun to the team, and sense of humor, is an added advantage.
- Great attitude to ask questions, learn and suggest process improvements.
- Has attention to details and helps identify edge cases.
- Highly motivated and coming up with fresh ideas and perspectives to help us move towards our goals faster.
- Follows timelines and absolute commitment to deadlines.
- Round 1 Interview - Profile Evaluation
- Round 2 Interview - Product Manager
- Round 3 Interview - Sr. Management
- Round 4 Interview - Technical Founder
- Round 5 Interview - HR & Team Alignment
- As per Industry Standards
We prefer that every employee also holds equity in the company. In this role, you will be awarded equity after 12 months, based on the impact you have created.
Please be aware that all your customers are Enterprises and Fortune 500 companies.
Why Join Us :-
- Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who enjoys challenging work & pushing your boundaries, then this is the right place for you. We appreciate new ideas & ownership as well as flexibility with working hours.
- Great Salary & Equity: We keep up with the market standards & provide pay packages considering updated standards. Also as Appknox continues to grow, you’ll have a great opportunity to earn more & grow with us. Moreover, we also provide equity options for our top performers.
- Holistic Growth: We foster a culture of continuous learning and take a much more holistic approach to training and developing our assets: the employees. We shall also support you all on that journey of yours.
- Transparency: Being a part of a start-up is an amazing experience one of the reasons being the open communication & transparency at multiple levels. Working with Appknox will give you the opportunity to experience it all first hand.
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance coverage upto 5 Lacs for you and your family including parents.
Job Description: Tech Lead/Software Architect
- Ability to act as the Technical Lead / Architect on multiple large scale projects.
- Deep technical knowledge and experience in Mobile(.NET CF and Xamarin), Windows and Web Application Development on Microsoft Platform (NET, .NET 3.5/4.0, C#, WCF, XML and SQL Server.) with strong RDBMS skills. Strong experience in Object Oriented Design and Analysis.
- Experience working with different architectural patterns.
- Experience in Programmable Logical Controller (PLC) and SAP Integrations
- Thorough knowledge of Design Patterns (MVP, MVC and MVVM). Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities and hands on experience in preparing Design documents.
- Exposure to different development processes with ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Must have 8 to 10 years of experience in the software industry.
- Must have worked as an Architect / Tech Lead / Team Lead or Project Lead with a team size of 4 or more developers for at least 3 - 4 years.
Educational qualification: B Tech / MCA / BCA