• Build high quality systems and applications that solve key challenges for the customer
• Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to elicit and understand their requirements, challenges and develop potential solutions
• Proactively identify areas of improvements, come up with innovative solutions, and drive adoption
• Push boundaries on infrastructure and cost optimisation, reusability, simplicity and scalability • Own significant engineering projects end-to-end
• Sign-off on all significant architectures and technical designs regardless of front-end or back-end.
• Translate business requirements to tangible engineering deliverables
• Setup and streamline processes and introduce best practices to improve the overall efficiency and throughput of the engineering team
• Be an effective mentor and help in building capacity in the larger team, strategize and work towards helping junior engineers grow
• Stay current with latest tools, technologies, methodologies and ideas; spread the knowledge and conduct effective POCs to demonstrate applicability and benefits
• 15+ years of strong experience in developing highly scalable backend and middle tier enterprise applications.
• Strong experience with large volume batch and real-time data processing applications
• Experience building enterprise SaaS applications. Strong knowledge of AWS.
• Programming Languages: Java (must have), Python (good to have)
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from premier institutes
• Strong in problem solving, data structures and algorithm design.
• Clear Object Oriented Design and Design Pattern concepts
• Significant experience working with non-functional requirements such as performance, security, compliance, automation etc.
• Experience developing AI-based solutions is a big plus.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Attention to detail
CTO / Head of Engineering
About our Client
Our client is a B2B2C tech firm backed by India’s largest retailer and tech venture capitalist founded by founders - IITB Graduates who are experienced in retail, ecommerce and fintech
It aims to become one app to manage all your brands loyalty points, cashback and coupons. It will have additional content and discovery layer for customers and brands for further engagement and commerce.
The company currently powers closed-loop loyalty programs for all different brands under its parent retail group. Currently, it has 20Mn+ registered customers and 3Mn MAU across 8 brands. Its vision is to be at the center of D2C Brands and the consumer consumption ecosystem
We are looking for a competent CTO (Chief Technology Officer) who will be our first technology go-to expert and play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. In this position, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan to manage all information technology resources of our company.
- CTO will be leading, building, and operating exciting products with a passionate team.
- We are looking for someone who has developed and deployed software with a strong focus on end-user experience. We are seeking someone with a proven track record of shipping web scalable products.
- The ideal candidate will have a track record of building and delivering cloud solutions with delightful consumer experiences, combined with ease of implementation/reliability.
- Experience with massively scalable distributed compute product architectures.
- Experience with micro services-oriented architectures, Experience with scaling Big Data infrastructure.
- Experience delivering platform technology and creating an ecosystem of applications and services across multiple verticals and solution offerings
- Experience successfully scaling technology infrastructure to support rapid customer /data growth.
- Experience with fast-paced, rapidly-iterating, design-forward, product-focused companies.
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, start-up attitude, team player with record of leading and mentoring employees
Candidate Experience: Desired skills
- He/she should have prior work experience of 7-12 years on large-scale mobile app products and can rapidly familiarize yourself with complex products
- Have inclination to learn and build new age products with blockchain and web3 tech
- Strong track record of being able to develop and set release plans, track deadlines, deliverables, resource allocations, issues/risks and create mitigation strategies as needed to deliver a quality product on time
- Strong technical and architecture skills in wide areas of platform engineering with proven ability to dive deep in any area as needed.
- Extensive experience with eCommerce platforms, cloud systems, payment solutions, digital marketing technology, automation, and multi-device development is required; AWS experience is a strong plus
- Experience managing Small teams and remote teams is a strong plus
- Competent in driving a culture of continuous learning to improve technology and remove roadblocks that hold the team back.
Why is this a great opportunity for the right candidate :
- Experienced founding team
- Backed by Future Group which gives an edge over working with different D2C and traditional brands ecosystem which is necessary to win in this market
- Existing app customer base of 20Mn registered and 4-5 Mn MAU + which gives us a head start and starting customer base of FuturePay necessary for pivoting the product to Carrot as described earlier
- Right to win - The founding team knows the business & its secrets inside out. We are starting with a significant head start and a precise plan of action
- Barriers to entry - This is a specialized play with natural barriers to entry, allowing for significant value creation for all equity holders
- Exposure to all aspects of company building - exposure to investors, fund-raising, decision making, building the team & culture
- All of the above perks of joining a high potential company very early, along with a competitive market salary.
CTO + CoFounder wanted for our Tech startup where we're trying to build Connected Mobility in parallel to a "short videos app" meant for dashcam videos getting recorded straight from the user's smartphone. So you can say we're a TikTok of dashcam videos at the front.
Expecting the individual is capable & willing to work on these below languages-
Our backend codes are in CakePHP,
Admin Panel in Laravel,
Android is in Java.
No iOS app yet but we plan to roll it out soon.
Hence, we're expecting the CTO to be having fair idea/expertise about these languages. Also, we don't have an iOS app at this point, but it would be benefecial if there's a fair knowledge about iOS apps as well. Also, since the server being used is AWS we are hoping the person knows how to efficiently utilize various features of the same while linking the things.
Proposed Salary may be available only after angel investor, VCs come on board.
Recently Expertrons raised a funding of $2.3 Mn in the Pre Series A round witnessing investors like Yoga Capital, Venture Catalysts, Auxano Capital, and existing investors LetsVenture, Ivycap Ventures, Iceland Venture Studios, Nikhil Vora (MD, Sixth Sense), and more.
Expertrons Android App: https://www.google.com/url?q=http://bit.ly/expertrons&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1638262196597000&usg=AOvVaw2anGgkCFd3RMOkl1JZ4SFE">bit.ly/expertrons
Product Demo Video: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bit.ly/3sFG0G1&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1638262196597000&usg=AOvVaw11WdRPBlXtO1pMPyNnZZcm">https://bit.ly/3sFG0G1
Watch Explainer Video: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bit.ly/3zeBmRM&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1638262196597000&usg=AOvVaw1pF4QGo5SnggWc9_uUbP_M">https://bit.ly/3zeBmRM
We at Expertrons are looking out for Technical Architect.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Develop a roadmap for moving existing monolithic applications to a highly scalable microservice architecture and implementation of the same as long term goal.
Scoping, Planning, and technical architecture for all projects.
Perform high-level analysis of any new requirements/change requests to the solution from a technical standpoint
Define architecture blueprints & take complete technical ownership of high-level design, tech stack - from backend systems to frontend aspects & non-functional attributes
Own the technology roadmap and vision of the team
Work with engineering teams in building high-quality and highly resilient scalable
Drive some of the company-wide tech initiatives striving towards continuous technical excellence of our platforms
Hands-on expertise in Architecting and developing large scale web applications with MERN stack
Experience with the operational aspects of deploying and operating in AWS environment
Hands-on experience in NodeJS, Express and MongoDB related tech stack building REST APIs, with experience/exposure to front end stack like react and react native
Knowledge of enterprise design patterns and practices
Should know security best practices
Solid troubleshooting skills and ability to suggest to team members ways to look for the root cause of problems.
Deep understanding of continuous integration, and continuous delivery and DevOps principles. Embrace cloud mindset and start-up culture in your team
Working knowledge of Git + Git Flow, Jira, GitLab
Experience with API design using OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications
You can apply for the position
1. Prefered available for full-time in-office employment (Office Location - Andheri, Mumbai)
2. Prefered work from office
3. Prefered Can join immediately.
4. Prefered a personal laptop
5. Have the relevant skills and interests
1. Entrepreneurial Exposure
2. Letter of Recommendation
3. Become a part of an elite group of innovators
4. ESOP opportunity based on Interview interaction
5. Grow up to 10X in 3 years
The idea is not to live forever, but to create something that will!
Be a part of our growing team and climb up the ladder of success. So, if you have the expertise, skills, quirks that can help you add value to Expertrons, then apply with us, now!
Let's explore synergies foreseeing 10X+ growth in our converging paths!
own the tech platform
build business with the founder
exp in cloud and ecommerce domain
hands on ecommerce development and rollout scaling business.
ready to be long term player
scale the tech team