Skills: Statutory audit, accounting standards, standards on auditing, companies act, CARO.
Working knowledge of IND AS
Qualification – Chartered Accountant CA / ACCA
Job Location: Chennai
Primary Job responsibilities
To be part of the Asia Pacific (APAC) Controllership team and to be responsible for the below activities:
Managing accounting and finance function for few entities of APAC region
Monitor and ensure compliance with local statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
Managing monthly and annual financial statement close by coordinating and interacting with
Finance Team in APAC locations
Ensure compliance with global accounting policies, including Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Preparation and presentation of financial statements of APAC entities under IFRS / applicable
Co-ordinate with auditors for completion of statutory audits within due dates
Periodic review of General ledger and ensuring compliance with global accounting policies as
per US GAAP and applicable local GAAPs.
Analytical Review of Monthly financial statements of APAC entities
Review of key processes and suggest process improvement opportunities to make the existing
To support accounting and finance integration of acquired companies, as required.
Co-ordinate with various teams viz., Tax, payroll, banking, AP etc., and to ensure appropriate
Support and service local finance teams, as required.
Well versed with Accounting technical knowledge especially in IFRS/USGAAP
Ability to build network quickly and create strong relationships
Pro-active and can-do attitude
Ability to prioritize tasks and ability to meet deadlines
Strong communication skill
Capable to work with people across diverse cultural background
The founder is a Finance Post Graduate who quit his glittering Investment Banking career to embark on this journey of helping out our future generation in selecting the right career option based on various aspects. They have already connected to a million students and plan to reach 10 million by 2022.
What you will do:
- Acting as a central point and facilitator for all financial reporting
- Helping develop detailed dashboards and KPIs and ensuring robust systems to track and monitor impact, financial and operating information
- Preparing necessary materials and information for the Board
- Ensuring robust governance norms are in place
- Ensuring timely and comprehensive financial reporting to all the funders, as outlined in contracts with funding agencies
- Preparing statements and necessary reports for the investors
- Coordinating with and responding in a time-bound manner to the information requested by investors
- Managing cash flows and treasury functions
- Managing banking relationships
- Developing profit center-wise budgets
- Preparing and maintaining regular financial reports; monthly expense forecast by segment (vs. projections); rolling 3-month cash out-flow forecast
- Maintaining of books of accounts through Tally/ Quickbooks and related activities
- Incorporating profit center wise reporting and analysis in the accounting system to separately track the performance of each activity against budget/projections
- Conducting all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed asset verification, and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting
- Preparing of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements
- Managing payroll and employee reimbursements
- Assisting in computing taxes and preparing tax returns (TDS, GST, Professional Tax, etc.)
- Reviewing and streamlining the financial, reporting, and compliance functions
- Developing and documenting robust accounting policies and procedures
- Ensuring maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures, at all times
- Serving as a key point of contact for internal and external auditors
- Managing preparation and support of all internal and external audits
- Participating in HR Administration in areas such as PF, offer letters, increments, appraisals, insurance policies, etc
- Managing the company’s assets, leases, and insurance coverage
- Reviewing all agreements and MoUs and appraise the management about any financial liability, prior to commitments made and signatures by authorized signatories
- Overseeing Admin, vendor, and office management to manage various facets of business – travel, corporate gifting, printing & stationery, etc
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 5+ years of experience that is relevant to the above role
- Experience in a startup is preferred
- Good understanding of, interest in, and aptitude for financial accounting, business, and financial analysis, GST, Income Tax, Companies Act, etc.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills, business awareness, and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high-quality work with tight timelines
⮚ Planning & executing Functional/ Departmental Audits
⮚ Planning & executing Concurrent Audits and ensure the process is streamlined
⮚ Providing “Early warning signal” to the Central Audit Head based on irregularities observed during the audit
⮚ Planning & execution of special audits, field audits on a need basis
⮚ To ensure that the audits are performed completed as per the audit schedule
⮚ Assisting in preparation of the annual calendar for audits and ensuring compliance to the same
⮚ Coordinate with the auditee department to discuss audit reports, obtain
clarifications, and close audits
⮚ Planning & executing follow-up audits to verify compliance to audit reports
⮚ Execute management consultancy assignments, as needed
⮚ Overall demonstrate competency in being conscience keeper & pulse-taker of business trends
⮚ Manage the team & monitor multiple ongoing assignments
Reporting & Documentation
⮚ Submitting quality & relevant Audit-Reports on time
⮚ Supervising proper audit documentation including working papers by team members
⮚ Timely reporting of incident reports, process/ policy gaps.
⮚ Identifying early warning signals of fraud with required proof
Education: Graduate/ Any other relevant professional certifications in the fields of accounting auditing
⮚ Work Experience: At least 5+ years experience in Audit, of which 2+ years experience in a managerial position
⮚ Computer Knowledge, good excel-spreadsheet analytics for audit proficiency
⮚ Audit proficiency in operating Accounting & ERP software
⮚ Numeracy and a strong aptitude for big data analyst
- Understanding customer requirements and analyzing cases in alignment with policies
- Working with the policy team to ensure the right risk parameters are captured and assessed
- Understanding industry and regulatory trends and their impact on customers to ensure the right decisions are taken
- Working closely with business functions to onboard the right set of customers.
- Working closely with operations to ensure that documentation and checks are put in place at various stages of the application lifecycle
- Developing industry-best practices and constantly striving to improve the same, basis market practices
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience of at least 3 years with CA/ MBA(preferred)
- 3-4 years of experience in handling credit risk assessment for unsecured business loans. Prior experience in the Lending domain, either with a Bank/ NBFC or a lending platform.
- Very good understanding of documentation related to lending pre-disbursement (mandatory)
- Experience in working on the lending business with a Bank, NBFC, or a platform (mandatory)
- Excellent understanding of industry trends and their impact on segments
- Setup basic credit underwriting processes and scale up the vertical
- Ability to assess customers' basic standard programs like Financials, Banking, etc.
- Proficient in MS Excel and the ability to bring out insights from data
at ESOP ezee
- IND AS & IFRS based ESOP Accounting & Disclosures for clients, quarterly as well as yearly.
- Perform Business valuation for clients from various industries using appropriate model.
- Fair valuation of Options using Black & Scholes Model & Binomial Model.
- Prepare report on valuations, accounting & disclosures.
- Tracking revenue and raising Invoice on completion of assignments
- Maintaining Dashboards and MIS of assignments for Management
- Co-ordinating with Technology team for Bug fixing, Customizations, new developments
- Co-ordinating with Operations team for procurement and understanding client’s MIS
To ensure that all the work in the organization are risk management compliant.
Key Result Areas
- Internal audit for stores
- Preparing internal audit checklist
- Create audit plan for completion of all stores audit in time bound manner
- Liaison with other regions auditors
- Conduct store process audit
- Preparing internal audit report and circulation to management
- Non-compliance report.
- Store-wise Non-compliance (NC) report preparation & sharing with store manager & area manager for action Maintaining NC tracker
- Following with stores for timely completion of NC items
- Internal audit for regional office Expense – Travel, Welfare, Petty cash expense, etc.
- Statutory expense & payment
- Contractual staff expense & payment, etc.
- Conversant with excel
- Critical Success Factors for the role
- COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Technical Behavioral
• Investment accounting & reporting for insurance entities in scope
• Performs and review accounting functions, and maintains and prepares month-end, quarter-end and annual reports (GAAP & STAT) for assigned asset and investment accounting areas
• Preparation and review of Balance sheet, P&L and Cash reconciliations for Investment accounting entities
• Posting and review of Manual Journals for investment products such as equities, Bonds, derivatives
• Impairment processing as per US and European GAAP
• Working on complex derivative instruments, netting
• Monthly/Quarterly/Annual reporting- Statutory and Regulatory
• Working on tools like SAP, FAH, Bloomberg, Business objects (BO) etc
• Regular communication with onshore counterpart via e-mail, instant messenger and telephonic calls
• Mentoring team members, process associates and carries out process improvement initiatives in the investment accounting area
• All deliverables to be met at 100% SLA (both quality and timeliness)- SLA Governance
• Ensure 100% compliance and deadlines
• Daily journal entries for Investment purchase, sale and cash management
• Monthly accruals for interest, market value and premium/discount amortization
strategic and business aspects of the company. You will be the first in command in the company and
responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success. To thrive
as a CEO you must be a prudent manager, inspiring leader, has a business mindset and to be able to
see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. You will take actions to enhance the company’s cash
flow while keeping the human factor in perspective. The goal is to drive the company’s development
and guide it towards long-term success.
· Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and
· Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing
· Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are
consistent with the overall strategy and mission
· Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
· Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and
· Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
· Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important
· Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival
· Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company
· Proven experience as CEO or in other managerial position
· Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
· Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
· Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
· In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
· An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
· Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and public speaking skills
· MBA/B.Tech from Tier-1 colleges with a knack of financial knowledge are preferred
Orios Venture Partners is an Indian Seed Stage Venture Capital firm. Currently investing from our Fund II, with a focus on tech investments across consumer and B2B for the Indian market. We are 3 partners and a VP who leads investments.
Some of our well-known investments are Pharmeasy, Country Delight, LetsMD, BeatO, GoMechanic, Zupee.
The fund’s founding team are experienced investors since 2008, and pre Orios investments include OlaCabs, Druva, Faballey, Box8, Unbxd and Jigsee.
We are well known for trend spotting and our maxim is #BackingMisfits
Our strategy is invest in selected companies and work closely with them. As a consequence each investment lead works with no more than 4 to 6 companies at a time.
We are looking for a Senior Executive - Accounts & Finance responsible for-
+ Improvise and maintenance of accounts.
+ Owning and preparing matters related to working and compliance - Income Tax, GST and other Fund related matters
+ Supporting seniors in tax planning opportunities, new tax laws and structuring.
+ Maintaining of unitholder, investment register and undertaking routine Fund industry related calculations.
+ Update Tally on a regular basis.
+ Coordination and support in Finalization, Auditing, Valuation, etc of Fund, Fund Manager, as applicable.
+ MIS management in a timely manner for financial and business performance.
+Coordination and support team with auditors for half yearly audits, tax regulators, valuers, accounting regulators and regulatory bodies. Provide information to auditors, trustee, shareholders, bankers and other stakeholders on a timely basis.
+ Perform tests to check financial information and systems.
+ Work closely to improvise functioning of department and/or entities.
+ Ownership of documents in terms of maintaining files– physical and digital
+ Any additional, yet to be determined, responsibility shall be assigned.
Requirements: Attributes, Experience
+ CA inter cleared - with 4 to 6 Yrs experience.
+ Understanding of operational and strategic aspects of Tax, Compliance, Governance Framework and Accounting software preferably in a multi entity scenario.
+ Functional Area:Primarily Accounts, Finance, Income Tax, GST, Compliance. Computations, etc.
+ Detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
+ Team player with ability to work effectively in small groups.
+ Seeking a long and stable stint. This should ideally be their last stop as VC is a long reward industry.
Venhan is a global IT development and professional services company, providing a broad range of services in technology, operations, parimutuel betting solutions, e-Agri, education technology, and consulting, with digital capabilities across all of these services
- Your employment with Venhan is full time and will involve extendable deputation to client site.