As one of the senior members of the backend development team you will be
responsible for architecting and setting the standards for building our core
backend/microservices. Also, you will be responsible for shaping up the entire system for scale
and collaborating extensively with the frontend and design teams to create the best consumer
● Develop microservices that will be used by the frontend through API endpoints.
● Translate business requirements into high quality code.
● Ensure that the code is deployed in a secure and scalable fashion.
● Focus on code maintainability and performance of application.
● Provide technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
● Enhance Analytics and overall backend architecture for better performance.
● 4+ years of backend/full-stack development experience
● 1+ years of experience on NodeJS
● 1+ years experience in building APIs in a microservice architecture
● Has experience managing other developers, recruiting and training.
● Experience in PHP is a plus
● Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFront
● Has experience in code reviewing/being the gatekeeper for an entire project
● Experience with RabbitMQ or similar queuing system
● Experience with Redis/ElasticSearch is a plus
● Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins
● Good knowledge of working with Git
● A knack for benchmarking and optimization
We, Bitkraft Technologies LLP, are looking for a highly capable Node.js developer to optimise our web-based application performance. You will be collaborating with our front-end application developers, designing back-end components, and integrating data storage and protection solutions.
To ensure success as a Node.js developer, you should possess extensive knowledge of Node.Js based services and experience in a similar role. An accomplished Node.js developer will be someone whose expertise results in the stable, fast, and secure exchange of data between servers and end-users. You should also be a team player who is willing to support and work for team and company success.
CTC: 5lpa - 15lpa
Experience: 2-10 years
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- At least two years' experience as a Node.js developer.
- Strong programming etiquette
- MEAN or MERN stack experience is highly desirable and would be preferred in candidates.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organisational and time management skills.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Previous start-up experience
- Additional skills that add value to our company
- Strong work ethic and commitment to meet deadlines and support team members meet goals
About the company
SafeHouse Tech is an Indo-Israeli cyber security company and our mission is to bring digital safety for everyone in a click of a button. Our flagship product is BodyGuard which is a mobile security app to protect the most important digital device - your phone. With BodyGuard, your digital identity is secured, private and insured from any online scam/malicious attacks. We’ve already crossed 1M+ paid users in the last 18 months.
Join us on our journey to protect 100M+ digital lives!
Roles and Responsibilities for Backend Developer:
- Develop microservices and tools that provide common support for scalable and highly available software systems
- Work closely with design teams to support their use of the platform to deliver complete solutions to customers
- Participate in all phases of an agile development cycle – plan, design, implement, review, test, deploy, document, and training
- Self-starter, willing to learn new technologies
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Strive to make continuous improvement
Desired Candidate Profile
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, and design patterns
- Should have experience with server-less architecture
- Knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, idioms, usage of third-party libraries.
- Good knowledge of docker and orchestration using docker swarm / Kubernetes.
- Should be aware of GoLang coding standards & Solid principles.
- Experience with distributed, highly-available, horizontally scalable systems running at a large scale.
- Interest and ability to quickly learn and ramp up on new languages and technologies.
- Experience with SQL and Go optimization for real-time systems.
- Should have good knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL, and knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with design & implementation of REST-style APIs.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications.
- A young venture-backed work environment with work-life balance in a multicultural startup
- Medical benefits, flexible WFH/Hybrid work model
- Market-leading compensation structure
- Own the backend stack – Node.Js based, that powers our product
- Collaborate with Backend Developers (Python), Front-end developers, DevOps, and Data Scientists to design and implement new features
- Build and maintain several REST’ful Services/Endpoints which will be used both internally and externally in a Macroservices/Distributed services environment.
- Deploy and monitor the Services/Endpoints ensuring availability and scalability(ability to handle 100X traffic)
- Work on full project lifecycle starting from requirements gathering/understanding the problem to deploying and maintaining the project.
Skills that you bring Along:
- A minimum 8+ years of extensive work experience with Node.Js and related frameworks – particularly Express.Js.
- Extensive experience in designing and maintaining REST’ful API endpoints
- Extensive experience with databases such as Postgres and Mongo.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Infrastructure (AWS based) – e.g. AWS API Gateway, Lambda Functions etc.
- Experience with cache like Redis and/or Memory cache
- Good experience in Microservices/Macroservices or Event driven Architectures
- Good experience with design patterns
- Experience in writing advanced SQL-queries, good knowledge of PL/SQL
- Good understanding of Software Design Principles and domain-driven design
- Good experience with Continuous Delivery and Containerization(Docker)
- Ideally maintaining infrastructure-as-code using Terraform
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex topics in a simple manner
- Writing software that other developers use, including libraries, APIs and wallets.
- Building secure and high-performance networked software that will be used by enterprise customers.
- Solving development challenges and making architectural decisions by understanding the larger picture of the project’s goals.
- Expanding your existing skill-set, and not being afraid to enter uncharted territory.
- Understanding Rust design patterns and writing performant and maintainable code in the language.
- Paying close attention to unit-testing and security.
- Confidently communicating and collaborating with your fellow developers in a remote team environment.
What you need to have:
- 1 year of Rust development experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience using the Git Version Control System (VCS)
- Experience with unit testing
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative environment
- Experience with blockchain and/or Ethereum smart contracts
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- You are motivated by challenging projects, and you absolutely love developing with Rust.
- You are humble, diligent and patient