- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin/Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Kotlin, Java
- Important libraries include Dagger, RxJava, Realm
- MVVM Clean Architecture
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Have you ever felt the need to see the direct impact of what you do? Then consider this:
Currently, there are 70+ million Small and Medium Enterprises in India. And they need all the help to succeed against the continuous onslaught of much larger businesses.
Imagine a jewellery shop owner in Ghatkopar Mumbai. He may be procuring his goods that are to be sold in the shop from a fixed set of vendors - some his relatives, some that people have recommended and some that came and pitched to him. He may not have ever seen the kind of designs and products that a supplier from Mysore can offer. Or the credit terms that another supplier from Surat can offer. Putting him on a platform where he can easily browse products and build new business relationships is a life-changing proposition for him.
We believe that technology should be accessible and usable for these SMEs so that they can grow and simplify their business, and compete in a fair field.
If making the lives of businesses in India and the world simpler excites you, then this is the
perfect opportunity! You will be solving challenging problems, defining your own charter and be the master of your own growth. The best way to predict your future is to create it.
We have more than 170k businesses on our platform already with great engagement numbers.
We are backed by the top founders and VCs in the country(Titan Capital, FirstCheque).
We are set to grow even faster in the future.
Join us if you want to be a part of a fast-paced team.
This is a remote position.
We’re in search of a senior react-native architect who can build and maintain excellent
react-native applications with clean code.
1. You need to be excited about the problem that we are trying to solve
2. 4+ years of experience building applications in React Native
3. Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
4. Strong Js fundamentals
5. Built an iOS app from scratch or Native Android development experience
6. Ability to give clarity and communicate well with the team, including Product,
Backend and Dev-Ops (if and when needed)
7. Ability to use profiling tools well, getting to root causes of bugs fast
8. Ability to pick and work on adjacent technologies if and when required (Eg: If the
best performance monitoring solution needs a basic firebase setup, that should
not be a blocker for you to go ahead and do so)
9. Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest
10.Reach out to the open-source community to encourage and help implement
mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
11. You need to be comfortable working in a remote environment (Have your own
laptop, good internet connection, availability on phone are required)
Good to have:
1. Experience with next.js
2. Experience in Test Driven Development
3. Ability to tell Product what creates better User Experience, ability to tell backend
what API responses will help the user get a faster load time
4. Inquisitiveness to understand the system as a whole, and not only be stuck to
your domain of expertise (Eg: Asking questions like why does this particular
response take so much time as compared to others, and brainstorming with the
backend engineer on how to improve on it)
1. Work timings - You are the master of your time
2. Leave policy - Take a leave whenever for whatever reason you want. You don't
need to explain yourself to us
3. Industry standard salary
- Design and build highly reliable and performant applications that deliver a great user
- Own large technical deliverables and execute in a structured manner.
- Take the accountability of the overall health of the applications you build.
- Platformize components as libraries, utilities and promote reuse.
- Be able to conceptualize and develop prototypes quickly.
- Lead by example, mentor and guide team members on everything from structured
problem solving to development of best practices.
What we are looking for:
- Deep expertise of the iOS and Android ecosystems.
- Hands-on experience with either React Native, Flutter, Swift or Kotlin.
- Deep understanding of your tools: Languages, frameworks, systems.
- Experience with abstracting requirements into frameworks.
- Hungry to learn, share knowledge, and enjoy mentoring others.
- Data driven, having customer empathy, striving to build stable, delightful
- [Optional, but desired] Experience with video streaming and Real Time
Android [email protected] REBEL FOODS
Technology is the backbone and the biggest differentiator of any consumer-centric internet business. Most of the high growth consumer-based internet companies (e.g. Amazon - Retail, Netflix - Entertainment/ Media, Uber - Mobility etc) have constantly been disrupting their respective industries by powering their end to end business processes and products by solving business and customer problems with the help of new-age and scalable technologies. The restaurant industry still remains the major consumer-centric industry where online penetration and automations are minuscule. Our goal is simple – to change this incumbent mode of business in the food space.
Today, with 3500+ virtual / delivery only internet restaurants in 40 cities across India, Indonesia, UAE and UK with 15+ brands (Faasos, Behrouz Biryani, Oven Story pizza etc), Rebel Foods is the world’s largest and fastest growing internet restaurant company. Online Food Services (FoodTech) could be broken into Food Discovery (commerce), Preparation (manufacturing/SCM) & Delivery (logistics) platforms and each of these vertical/platform has many use cases which need to be solved at scale. Many companies (Swiggy, Zomato, DoorDash, Delivery Hero, Gojek etc) are solving the use cases to some extent in Food
Discovery and Food-Delivery Tech. Food-Preparation Tech remains old world solutions. While we collaborate with many of these companies across the world, we solve the customer problems in food space of all these verticals in an integrated fashion. As a DevOps engineer, you will have interesting opportunities to operationally manage, secure, monitor many large and diverse systems. You will get a chance to work on different open-source tech stacks, cloud (AWS & Azure) infrastructure, CI/CD build and release processes, server & container administration, database administration, big data systems etc depending on your strengths.
In case you are interested in deep diving into the work we have already done and the kind we endeavour to do, the blogs below might be a good start:
We are in the lookout for someone who is passionate to build and lead projects assigned to them
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Android Architecture Components, (Example LiveData and Room DB)
- Knowledge of MVP and MVVM.
- Advance knowledge of Kotlin.
- Core knowledge of java.
- Working experience in bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Have published at least two native Android app.
The Rebel Culture
We believe in empowering and growing people to perform the best at their job functions. We follow outcome-oriented, fail-fast iterative & collaborative culture to move fast in building tech solutions. Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will be the best fit for our company. We suggest you go through it before making up your mind.
We are looking for an iOS developer responsible for the development and
maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including
mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be
development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end
services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers
working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a
commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and
the creation of quality products is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and build applications for the iOS platform
Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of
Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
● Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of
building the RESTful API
● Communicating with external web services
● Ensuring high performance
- BE/MCA/MCM/MSc/ME/B-Tech/M-Tech(Computer science) or equivalent
● 2 to 4 years hands-on extensive experience in ios development
1) Proficient with Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa Touch.
2) Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation,etc.
3) Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
4) Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
5) Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
6) Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
7) Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred.
8) Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
9) Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
10) Proficient understanding of Git.
11) Familiarity with continuous integration.
College: IIT, NIT, BITs other Tier 1 colleges
Priority skills: Kotlin, MVP, MVVM, especially Viper, Unit & UI Test, Firebase, Google maps, design patterns, GIT
Responsibilities ( Experience 8-10 years)
Design and development of apps for Android in Kotlin and JAVA
Follow Google user interface guidelines and principles of material design
Ensure performance and maintainability of the apps
Code review and guidance to other team members to make sure code quality is as desired.
Researching new frameworks and adapting the best of them in app development.
Expert knowledge of Kotlin and JAVA
Expert knowledge of Architectural patterns like MVC, MVVM and Clean Architecture.
Expert understanding of Android run time model
Experience with offline caching, threading and task management.
Experience with object oriented design patterns.
Experience with push notifications and Firebase or other similar PaaS systems.
An Eye for design details, following pixel perfect designs.
Experience with 3rd party libraries like okhttp, volley , Soket.io, Realm, Firebase, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, RX Kotlin/JAVA.
Team management skills.
at Mobile OS Developer
- Deep knowledge of ( List here the mobile platforms on which the app runs,
e.g., Android, iOS, etc. )
- Developing new features and user interfaces from wireframe models
- Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
- Fixing bugs and performance problems
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team
to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
The iOS Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of native mobile code on the iOS operating systems. This person utilizes their knowledge of mobile development and hardware capabilities as an integral part of the software development team.
The role requires an energetic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication, organization, and technical skills to work cross functionally.
- Create compelling device specific user interface and experiences
- Build Prototypes
- Optimize performance
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies
- Collaborate with development team and product owners to analyze, design, and implement user stories using an agile methodology
- Write high-quality code that complies with design specifications and meets development and support requirements.
- Develop unit tests and test changes using an agile methodology.
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team member to review user stories, estimate effort for user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
- 5+ years experience in Objective-C, Swift and Cocoa development
- Experience publishing applications to the App Store
- Experience with RESTful API to connect iOS applications to backend services
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Source Control like Git
- Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
- Ability to understand and write SQL code
- Experience with Apple Pay is a huge plus
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-effort, dynamic work environment
- Fast learner of new and emerging technologies
- Development experience with highly trafficked apps
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in the field of computer science or equivalent
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment