GormalOne LLP. Mumbai IN
GormalOne is a social impact Agri tech enterprise focused on farmer-centric projects. Our vision is to make farming highly profitable for the smallest farmer, thereby ensuring India's “Nutrition security”. Our mission is driven by the use of advanced technology. Our technology will be highly user-friendly, for the majority of farmers, who are digitally naive. We are looking for people, who are keen to use their skills to transform farmers' lives. You will join a highly energized and competent team that is working on advanced global technologies such as OCR, facial recognition, AI-led disease prediction amongst others.
We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors such as gyroscopes and
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience of minimum 2+ Years in Android app development
Kindly note: Salary shall be commensurate with Qualifications and experience
About Gormalone LLP
iOS Developer responsible for developing app from scratch.
We are looking to recruit a candidate for a role that will require:
- Translate design and wireframes into code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Identify solutions through research and collaboration that resolves the root of problems as they arise
- Unit testing code
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
∙ 2+ years’ strong development experience in iOS
∙ Experience using RESTful web services within mobile applications
∙ Proficient with Swift and Cocoa Touch
∙ Knowledge of iOS UI/UX standards
∙ Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
∙ Experience with code versioning control, such as bitbucket/git
Work experience: 2 years relevant experienceCompensation: Based on Industry Standards
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.
Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with operations in 15 major cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 50k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada, Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We’re trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of supply chain. At Porter, we’re here to do the best work of our lives. If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Company URL: https://porter.in/
Porter has multiple mobile apps used by our consumers - app used by our customers to place on-demand orders, app used by our drivers to service those orders, and app used by fleet owners to manage their vehicles on our platform. Each of these apps is frequently iterated over to improve functionality and experience. In such a fast paced environment, we expect our mobile developers to develop and maintain these complex apps with a heavy focus on code design to keep the code easily extensible and maintainable.
- Product Life Cycle
- Work closely with the Product Team to understand business requirements and product solutions.
- Flesh out Use Cases to be implemented and chart out development iterations
- Drive design discussions with heavy focus on modeling entities and interactions,following architectural patterns like MVVM, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Review all code being written to ensure it is clean, readable, maintainable and performant, following well established design principles.
- Ensure test coverage of business logic, UIs and integration.
- Project Management
- Collaborate with multiple teams - backend teams for finalizing APIs, design team for UI/ UX, QA for testing, etc.
- Do iteration planning, give release estimates, share tracker and ensure timely releases.
- Ensure bugs & crashes escalated are tracked and fixed in a timely manner.
- Non Functional
- Ensure the apps are performant - no memory leaks, no frame drops, battery usage, etc.
- Explore, evaluate and drive adoption of new technologies, tools and SDKs as maybe necessary to improve the entire development process.
- Work with cross-platform technologies, like Kotlin Multiplatform, to ensure consistency of features and code reuse across Android / iOS platforms.
- Team Management
- Manage a team of upto 4 - 5 members.
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their growth paths and train them.
- Languages: Kotlin, Java, SQL, Ruby (backend)
- Frameworks: RIBs, Kotlin Multiplatform, Ruby on Rails (backend)
- Architectures: MVVM, MVP, Clean Architecture, etc
- Libraries: Kotlin Coroutines, RxJava, Dagger2, Arrow, etc
- Integrations: AWS services, Payment Gateways (Razorpay, etc), Google Maps, Firestore, etc
Products & Systems Overview
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
- Customer App:
- All orders serviced by Porter are placed from this app making it our primary business driver. o To keep the code for this large complex app maintainable, there is a heavy emphasis on good design and architecture. Currently the RIBsframework is used to break the code recursively into smaller components.
- To ensure feature parity and consistency across our Android and iOS platforms, weuse Kotlin Multiplatformto re-use business logic code across the two platforms.
- Partner App:
- All orders serviced by Porter are fulfilled by drivers using this app.
- Given that the app is expected to run for long hours on cheaper phones there is a heavy emphasis on keeping the apps performant - optimizing battery consumption and memory usage.
- The app serves as a medium for onboarding - providing functionality for partners to upload and verify their documents using Image Processing.
- To train the drivers for every new feature launched, we provide a guided audio-visual training session - using visual cues like hint to click / swipe with synchronized pre
- configured audio to guide him through the sequence of steps.
- Fleet Owner Apps:
- A multi-platform app for fleet owners to manage their drivers and track their performance and earnings on our platform.
- Allow them to bid for new client contracts.
Our client is more than 2 decades old NBFC registered with the RBI. The company was set up with an aim to empower rural entrepreneurs, SMEs, and small institutions by micro-financing. The company has come a long way since its inception in 1992 and has evolved with time with the introduction of its App in the small loans sector. At present, the company has more than 5000 employees and has serviced millions of borrowers to accomplish their dreams.
The group has diversified into the education segment and is running two schools. The schools are part of one of the largest private school chains in India. The schools have a flourishing family of 350 teachers and 6500 students. The leadership team at the helm of the company has demonstrable experience in financial services and has built the company by upholding the trust of its customers.
- Driving key technology decisions with the team
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to plan for the successful rollout of projects
- Working closely with the team to develop and test the product features to ensure its in line with the organizational and end user requirements
- Maintaining code and writing automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Managing project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
What you need to have:
- 6-9 years of relevant experience in Android development
- Ability to design applications around Android recommended user interfaces and design principles
- Expertise in MVC or MMVM architecture
- Knowledge of OOPs concept
- Prior experience in android jet-pack
- Knowledge of SQL
- Hands-on experience in UI designing
• Take our iOS app to the next level
• Implement an amazing UI while working closely with the designers
• Automate unit testing for each and every part of the app
• Optimize the app for various form-factors (iPhone, iPad)
• Helping in hiring the future Imarticus Learning team
Good to Have Skills
• Deep knowledge of Swift and Objective C
• Familiarity with Apple's design principle
• Familiarity with release process on Apple's App Store
• Passionate about mobile, and good knowledge of upcoming trends in mobile space
• BE/B-TECH/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Atleast 1 cool app already live on Apple's App Store
• Programming experience in Swift/Objective-C
• Experience in mobile application development (iOS)
PayPal is a leading technology platform and digital payments company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants worldwide. PayPal is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy.
. Giving an opportunity to build business critical features on the PayPal app. This is a new initiative and a new team and employees would get involved in designing the blue print from scratch, building a highly scalable and configurable app and scale it to hundreds of regions, impacting lives of millions of users
Strong customer focus and product thinking is essential. Will help build the next generation of PayPal native apps.
• Assist in design and development of PayPal iOS application
• Influencing peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across PayPal.
• Native iOS app development and converting ideas, designs and requirements to concrete stable production builds
• Coordinate and collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to understand problems, come up with creative solutions, and help with tracking and delivering within the release plan • Understand and implement iOS specific design patterns
• Collaborate with Engineering and QA to resolve bugs
Desired Skills and Experience:
• At least 5 years of native ioS development experience .
• Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing internet application with REST services at the backend
• Super awesome at iOS fundamentals, including technologies like UIKit, Core Animation, Auto Layout and Cocoa Touch
Excellent Swift and Objective-C coding ability along with strong CS & OS fundamentals
• Familiarity with continuous integration (Jenkins), application monitoring (Crashlytics and fabric.io), mocking tools (Appium and Apiary), build tool development and enhancements, using unit testing and cucumber tests for functional tests.
• Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing client-side handlers for web services with REST services at the backend
- Experience with Cucumber testing framework desired
• B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science is desired
Roles, Responsibilities and Experience:
- Cross-platform mobile app developer who has developed mobile applications and has strong experience with Ionic and Angular 7+.
- Experienced in the development and management of mobile applications, particularly hybrids (Android / iOS)
- Comprehensive experience in mobile application architecture planning
- Well qualified in mobile application design and optimization. The ideal candidate will be able to provide solutions to improve mobile app quality, understand emerging technologies, implement standards and best practices thereby able to enhance the existing stage of development and bring the mobile application, from a product standpoint, 'to the next level'
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies as well as frameworks so as to maximize ongoing development efficiencies
- Accurately estimate development timelines and deliver per set schedule
- Solid knowledge of mobile app development practices, along with mobile testing tools and techniques
- Expertise in optimizing the mobile apps' performance
- Experienced in using Agile principles and methodologies
- A deep understanding of the mobile landscape and user behavior patterns is mandatory
- Experience using web services (HTTP, REST, SOAP) using JSON.
- Knowledge of NodeJS and MongoDB will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and Multi-threading concepts
- Good knowledge of the SQLite database and the Google Play Services like Push Notifications
- Strong mobile UI design (multi-screen resolutions), coding, support and maintenance
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Proficient iOS and Android mobile app experience are a plus
We are seeking extremely smart Android developers who are passionate about pushing mobile technologies to the limits.
- Design and develop products by working closely with business teams.
- Design super intuitive experiences in the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Build performant, scalable, yet secure, enterprise-ready android applications with architecture that is fast yet lean on the backend servers enabling them to support millions of users in parallel.
- Build enterprise-ready back end architectures that can support millions of users in parallel.
- Gain experience with hands-on coding and independent ownership of software components.
- Follow strong engineering best practices and champion their adoption.
- 2+ years’ experience in android software development and delivery.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering from a reputed institute(preferably IITs, NITs, or other top engineering institutes).
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- All experience should be from good product development or e-commerce background.
- Must have shown good stability in all your previous associations.
- Knowledge of UI architectural patterns like MVVM(preferable), MVC, MVP, data binding, activity & fragment lifecycle, recycler view, navigation component, layouts (constraint layout preferable), theming etc.
- Should have actively used retrofit, work managers, android jetpack, Rx java, dagger, retrofit, android sdk, GIT/bitbucket, gradle/ant and very keen on exploring other proven tech stacks.
- Comfortable with test-driven development in android with UI testing, instrumented unit testing and unit testing using junits, mockito or other tools.
- Willingness to learn and write simple backend REST API’s (preferably in Java, spring boot & hibernate) without having to completely depend on backend engineers for delivery.
- Has worked in a fast-paced agile organization building stateless and re-entrant/resumable android applications.
As part of the engineering team, you would be expected to have deep technology expertise with a passion for building highly scalable products. This is a unique opportunity where you can impact the lives of people across 150+ countries!
• Own architecture, design, development, and implementation of different
modules/features of the Application
• Be up to date with the latest trends in Mobile App/React Native ecosystem
• Bring in industry best practices
• Take ownership to drive an initiative to completion
• Discover opportunities for performance improvements
• Recommend ways to improve reliability, efficiency and code quality
• Focus on continuous delivery and reducing complexity
• Carry out code reviews and manage pull requests within the mobile application
• Overall 5+ years of experience in Mobile Application development
• At least 2+ year of hands-on experience in developing Mobile applications with
• B.E/B.Tech in CS or equivalent streams from institute of repute (IITs, NITs, BITs,
IIITs or equivalent)
• Familiar with native build tools - XCode, Android studio, etc.
• Ability to build pixel-perfect user interfaces with smooth interactions
• Knowledge of Web technologies and concepts - HTML, CSS, REST APIs,
• Knowledge on Android and iOS fundamentals is a must
• Experience developing Android/iOS native applications using
Java/Kotlin/Swift/Objective C is a plus
• Mobile application development experience with Flutter/Ionic is a plus